Sony states PC Ports will be a 2-3 year schedule again

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
however you slice it, if time is managed properly, a game can launch on multiple platforms on the same date

Time can be managed well and it will still take longer per release

We’ve heard too many developers recently say that developing for one platform is far easier and faster

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Time can be managed well and it will still take longer per release

We’ve heard too many developers recently say that developing for one platform is far easier and faster
of course it is. but never the less plenty of developers release multiplatform games

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
All awhile the most popular games on your Trashstation are ports from PC :mjgrin: if your Garbagestation 5 was so good then why are your most popular games originated on PC :mjgrin:

Call of Duty :mjgrin: PC original

Battlefield :mjgrin: PC original
Diablo series :mjgrin: PC original
Minecraft :mjgrin: PC original
Rainbow Six :mjgrin: PC original

We claiming Fortnite as well since they stole H1Z1 entire style and ran with it :mjgrin: PC original

Your biggest acquisition, bungie, got its big name and start, guess where :mjgrin: PC original

yall home made exclusives flop :mjgrin: pitiful sales :mjgrin: your AAA titles get outsold by the "backlog of indie games" in @daze23 game library :mjgrin:

I only talk facts, come back with some yourself maybe
https://newzoo.com/resources/rankings/top-ps5-games :umad:

ungrateful bytch, kneel and kiss the ring :wow:

Im glad someone brought this up.

For years I've been seeing people complain about exclusive titles from console to PC.

Like Young said, the reality is that the reverse happened.

Consoles in the past couple generations absolutely stole whole genres from PC damn near killing the platform in the process.

Im sure you remember when FPS or CRPGs or MMOs were Windows/Mac only. Now the Call of Dutys or Diablo/Baldurs Gate or Elder Scrolls Online/FF14 are co-developed for consoles and wouldn't dare release without a console version. Sometimes development even leads out on console and PC version/features are an afterthought.

Even Crusader Kings has a console version. I would've never imagined this back in the day.

So I guess my point is that if Sony decides to port games after their console release focus...so what? Every now and then you gotta give back.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

For years I've been seeing people complain about exclusive titles from console to PC.

Consoles in the past couple generations absolutely stole whole genres from PC damn near killing the platform in the process.

Im sure you remember when FPS or CRPGs or MMOs were Windows/Mac only. Now the Call of Dutys or Diablo/Baldurs Gate or Elder Scrolls Online/FF14 are co-developed for consoles and wouldn't dare release without a console version. Sometimes development even leads out on console and PC version/features are an afterthought.

Even Crusader Kings has a console version. I would've never imagined this back in the day.

So I guess my point is that if Sony decides to port games after their console release focus...so what? Every now and then you gotta give back.

So whats the argument? PC isn’t a publisher, those games are on console because they have to be. They have been mainstays on consoles for at least 2 generations some of them 3.

Sonys games don’t need to be on PC, in fact they are pivoting away from it because they want to sell consoles where they reap more profits. we already see the xbox hardware suffering from the day 1 pc stuff, with people saying “yeah, well microsofts focus isn’t selling consoles” well, sonys is. So im not sure why its surprising they are cooling down on pc ports

That whole PC and Console players don’t overlap thing is cap.

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

They are giving back...in 2-3 years later. Greatness awaits.

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So whats the argument? PC isn’t a publisher, those games are on console because they have to be. They have been mainstays on consoles for at least 2 generations some of them 3.

Sonys games don’t need to be on PC, in fact they are pivoting away from it because they want to sell consoles where they reap more profits. we already see the xbox hardware suffering from the day 1 pc stuff, with people saying “yeah, well microsofts focus isn’t selling consoles” well, sonys is. So im not sure why its surprising they are cooling down on pc ports

:russ:

You're right, I know. I just wanted to point out to homeboy that his post and line of thinking isn't a win. He wanted it to be one way...

Consoles (as a platform), have been getting everything that's worth anything for generations.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony ain't releasing PC ports 2-3 years later to give them more time to work on the port :comeon:

Thats not the primary reason but it’s surely one of the benefits. They only have one port studio in-house so it makes sense to make sure they are handing their big projects.

We saw what happened when they tried to rush out TLOU

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:russ:

You're right, I know. I just wanted to point out to homeboy that his post and line of thinking isn't a win. He wanted it to be one way...

Consoles (as a platform), have been getting everything that's worth anything for generations.
Consoles have everything thats a win? They have World of Warcraft? League of Legends? Dota 2? Counter strike 2.0? Valorant? Rust? Yall dont even have the real version of GTA RP :mjlol: yall still
Play apex legends at 60 fps :damn: watered down versions of overwatch and diablo :mjlol:

This duck might actually be legit retarded… what the fukk did I just read :russ:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Sony ain't releasing PC ports 2-3 years later to give them more time to work on the port :comeon:
You say this after being one of the loudest complainers of The Last of Us port. Do you not learn? Let them cook. You already stated in agreement that we've already established that time is the number one constraint. Don't know why you ignore the other factors about how time works in this scenario and the obvious other factors to recognize why this is the best option, all evidence considered.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
the TLOU port was staggered, and then further delayed, and it was still terrible. it's a good example of what I'm talking about. even though the remake was announced for PC early on, the game was not designed for PC's. then when they try to make a PC port by cramming a circular peg into a square hole, the results aren't good

if games intend to be released on PC, they need to be designed with PC in mind from the beginning. assuming they'll figure out the PC port later leads to shytty ports

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the TLOU port was staggered, and then further delayed, and it was still terrible. it's a good example of what I'm talking about. even though the remake was announced for PC early on, the game was not designed for PC's. then when they try to make a PC port by cramming a circular peg into a square hole, the results aren't good

if games intend to be released on PC, they need to be designed with PC in mind from the beginning. assuming they'll figure out the PC port later leads to shytty ports

The TLOU port was the fastest turn around from console to pc release, and it showed.

Had they given it at least a year like their other games that wouldn’t have happened