Sony states PC Ports will be a 2-3 year schedule again

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
f473b1b8a22c8468d50ad8cddad79bd9.0.jpg
This gives you more time for your oh so ambitious PC indie backlog AND ensures ya'll ports are actually optimized and playable by the time they reach ya'll. It'll also teach you the valuable lesson of not being fukking ingrates. Who we kidding tho, that'll never happen.

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Nope, i got the email a couple weeks ago, most playstation owners got it. Says whether or not we’re into games releasing just a year after on pc and we all agreed that its not the best idea.
Disgusting. Using stan wars to make people wait on playing games :hhh:

I own a pc and a ps5. Nobody wants to wait 2-3 years for a pc release other than Sony fanboys who want to feel superior and win some stupid console war :camby:

Like I said, I have both. I would 100% of the time prefer the pc version, even if it is unoptimizable for a few months. Get the fukk out of here with this useless stan shyt :hhh:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Yeah, this strategy nets the best results for everyone really. Gives devs more time to focus on one platform at a time. This yeilds better PC ports. Gives Sony double down on their dollars and gives the titles longer legs to stretch their legs for profits. Continues to give great reason to get a playstation early if you really about playing playstation games. And if you a PC player, gives you more time to play all those alleged PC games they got while awaiting greatness.
I feel like Microsoft should start delaying PC releases too. Allows their devs to focus on getting the best out of the series x and gives them enough time to properly port to PC.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I feel like Microsoft should start delaying PC releases too. Allows their devs to focus on getting the best out of the series x and gives them enough time to properly port to PC.

Its probably a lost cause, because they still gotta split development between series s anyway. I do wonder if having to develop across so many different platforms is what slows down their development cycles

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
This gives you more time for your oh so ambitious PC indie backlog AND ensures ya'll ports are actually optimized and playable by the time they reach ya'll. It'll also teach you the valuable lesson of not being fukking ingrates. Who we kidding tho, that'll never happen.
All awhile the most popular games on your Trashstation are ports from PC :mjgrin: if your Garbagestation 5 was so good then why are your most popular games originated on PC :mjgrin:

Call of Duty :mjgrin: PC original

Battlefield :mjgrin: PC original
Diablo series :mjgrin: PC original
Minecraft :mjgrin: PC original
Rainbow Six :mjgrin: PC original

We claiming Fortnite as well since they stole H1Z1 entire style and ran with it :mjgrin: PC original

Your biggest acquisition, bungie, got its big name and start, guess where :mjgrin: PC original

yall home made exclusives flop :mjgrin: pitiful sales :mjgrin: your AAA titles get outsold by the "backlog of indie games" in @daze23 game library :mjgrin:

I only talk facts, come back with some yourself maybe
https://newzoo.com/resources/rankings/top-ps5-games :umad:

ungrateful bytch, kneel and kiss the ring :wow:

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
nah, putting the PC port on the backburner is how we end up with a lot of these shytty ports. multiplatform games need to be developed for all their intended platforms from the beginning

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Yeah, this strategy nets the best results for everyone really. Gives devs more time to focus on one platform at a time. This yeilds better PC ports. Gives Sony double down on their dollars and gives the titles longer legs to stretch their legs for profits. Continues to give great reason to get a playstation early if you really about playing playstation games. And if you a PC player, gives you more time to play all those alleged PC games they got while awaiting greatness.

Xbox 6th gen and then 7th generation consoles buried PC gaming for the masses.

Didn't need a PC for first person shooters and better 3d graphics like late 90s into early 2G.

Sim games etc.

Tribes, quake 2, quake 3, unreal tournament, team fortress classic, counter strike, roller coaster tyc00n, age of empires, the Sims, sim tower were good reasons to PC game. Half life 2, Diablo 2, Deus Ex and crysis was relevant as well.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
nah, putting the PC port on the backburner is how we end up with a lot of these shytty ports. multiplatform games need to be developed for all their intended platforms from the beginning
We end up with shytty ports because devs aren't given enough time to optimize for the wide variety of hardware configurations on PC.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
We end up with shytty ports because devs aren't given enough time to optimize for the wide variety of hardware configurations on PC.
however you slice it, if time is managed properly, a game can launch on multiple platforms on the same date. waiting for crunch time to worry about the PC version is how we get shytty ports

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
however you slice it, if time is managed properly, a game can launch on multiple platforms on the same date. waiting for crunch time to worry about the PC version is how we get shytty ports
PC versions are obviously the ones the cause the most holdup of time. No need in other platforms waiting for excessive PC accommodations. Make them wait. Otherwise, the end result is either bad performance all around, bad PC ports or an even more extreme development cycle to achieve parity. Nah, this way is better.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
PC versions are obviously the ones the cause the most holdup of time. No need in other platforms waiting for excessive PC accommodations. Make them wait. Otherwise, the end result is either bad performance all around, bad PC ports or an even more extreme development cycle to achieve parity. Nah, this way is better.
however you slice it, if time is managed properly, a game can launch on multiple platforms on the same date