Sony posts 1.25B loss for 2013 Playstation loss 78M

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I'm pretty sure the 78 Million is actually from their PC/Computer division taking a huge hit.

In fact their income was up from last year due to PS4 launch and increased smartphone sales.

But they still lost a good chunk of money. I don't think this is any reflection on the PS4 though, maybe a reflection on the business acumen of the company running it.

Something tells me they'll be alright though.

I got all this from your article too, please don't try to say I'm spinning shyt, just typing from what I read best I can.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
only an idiot thinks sony is losing money off the PS4. lets be reality. :comeupshuffle:

that'd be like saying sony is losing money from their movie studios :aicmon:

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
only an idiot thinks sony is losing money off the PS4. lets be reality. :comeupshuffle:

that'd be like saying sony is losing money from their movie studios :aicmon:

sony is losing money in more divisions than not, which is why they're on the verge of being bankrupt

so why you playstanleys are worried about Microsoft unbundling kinect you should worry bout sony as a company being unbundled from this earth

but i'm sure you all will spin this one nicely

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
every should read the article though

Sales increased 38.5% year-on-year (a 16% increase on a constant currency basis) to 979.2 billion yen (9,507
million U.S. dollars). This significant increase was primarily due to the launch of the PS4 as well as the favorable
impact of foreign exchange rates. PlayStation®3 (“PS3”) hardware unit sales decreased, although PS3 software
sales increased.

:ohhh: Here's the 78 Mil part

2013 2014 Change in yen 2014
Sales and operating revenue ¥707.1 ¥979.2 +38.5 % $9,507
Operating income (loss) 1.7 (8.1) - (78)

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2013 may have been a bad year:sas1:but..
:sas2:2014 will be a turnaround since PS4 is doing so well.

it may not be a turn around for the company but in the videogame segment it will be a boost..It has always been the companies cash cow..dont listen to the xstans they are trying to find something to hold on to and beat on since they are at an all time L...the shyt is hilarious ...the desperation, the constant L's

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
sony is losing money in more divisions than not, which is why they're on the verge of being bankrupt

so why you playstanleys are worried about Microsoft unbundling kinect you should worry bout sony as a company being unbundled from this earth

but i'm sure you all will spin this one nicely

Yea meanwhile sony films(you know that studio distributing something called amazing Spiderman 2) says otherwise. Meanwhile, Microsoft already slashing prices/proprietary items in an effort to compete. Plus you got business execs and even the former CEO saying the gaming division should be sold off. But you will spin it nicely:wink:

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
Yea meanwhile sony films(you know that studio distributing something called amazing Spiderman 2) says otherwise. Meanwhile, Microsoft already slashing prices/proprietary items in an effort to compete. Plus you got business execs and even the former CEO saying the gaming division should be sold off. But you will spin it nicely:wink:

Sony Has A 79% Chance Of Going Bankrupt Soon - Blog by KingAlex94 - IGN

Microsoft could GIVE AWAY BILLIONS and still be in a better financial position than sony. Sony films will not save you when every other division is losing money

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
is sony going to go down the drain and be a company like blockbuster....where it is basically no longer in existence?

I have no idea but it seems like they would have to cut every brand losing money, split off Playstation into a separate company and only operate as Sony Films to stay in existence.....Sony electronics is dead at this point