Sony Not Having A Traditional E3 Press Conference

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
E3 looking like it's not gonna have that hype this year. Nintendo said they're only doing 2018 titles, Xbox whole damn conference leaked and there was no surprises, now Sony says they're only focusing on 4 games

Im still waiting for the games that were revealed in E3 2013 to come out.

This game was shown 5 years ago and it's still not out.:why:

Deep Down is vaporware
A tech showcase for an engine they never wound up using

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
If it is indeed a really quiet year I fully expect next year we see ps5 unveiled and then released in the fall because that will be two relatively quiet e3s in a row :manny:

Tlou 2 will be the ps4 swan song just like the first was the ps3s.

There’s just too many rumours of devs working on ps5 games already. Smoke usually means fire

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Traditional E3 is dead.

I still don't understand the need to jump to ps5. PS4 is just getting its legs underneath it. Things are going well. There is still a lot left in the tank. Why go to a ps5 so soon?

Assuming the PS5 comes late 2019, it'll be six or so years between PS4 and PS5 releases. 6 years is a pretty decent gap and the PS4 will keep selling regardless. All their big first party stuff will be out by end of 2019 and Death Stranding will probably be 2020 PS4 and PS5 simultaneous release.

Big thing is that Horizon 2 comes out within 6 months of the PS5 release, Spiderman 2 within 18-24 months and God Of War 2 within three years. If they can do that and get their foot into the next gen market beforehand Microsoft - why wait?

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Can't blame them...

GOW alone just bodied the competitions (MS) entire "exclusive" catalogue and SONY lineup still has more hitters...

Spiderman
Days Gone
TLOU2
Ghost

If their conference is just more gameplay of those four I'm good...

Plus you have PS5 dropping next year...

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Assuming the PS5 comes late 2019, it'll be six or so years between PS4 and PS5 releases. 6 years is a pretty decent gap and the PS4 will keep selling regardless. All their big first party stuff will be out by end of 2019 and Death Stranding will probably be 2020 PS4 and PS5 simultaneous release.

Big thing is that Horizon 2 comes out within 6 months of the PS5 release, Spiderman 2 within 18-24 months and God Of War 2 within three years. If they can do that and get their foot into the next gen market beforehand Microsoft - why wait?
It is a big gap of time but PS4 is hitting it's Apex right now. I think it still has 3 more years until it starts to decline in terms of quality and demand. Not saying the ps5 won't be out for another 3 years, but I think Sony could ride it out for longer while still developing the ps5.