Sony need to release their first party games on PC day 1 just like Xbox

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last of Us, and Uncharted fit in those category not the other games, God of War is also a sony game not interested in as well Death Stranding I never played on PC

that's the problem with you stans you can't be objective about anything

Uncharted Is one of the purest forms of fun run and gun gameplay, calling it a “movie game” just lets me know you never played it or have no idea what you’re talking about lol

is that game any good?

$30 now in the Steam sale :patrice:

it’s “good”… no more no less, it got a bad wrap because it was the first big PS exclusive in a long time that wasn’t Crit acclaimed and fell short of expectations, overly long story and some bland supporting characters aside it’s a fun playthrough imo

solid 7/10 game, and like breh said it’s free to play in the ps collection

Last edited:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
I mean they make their own games and only put them on their own system so you'll buy their systems and buy games on them, buy DLC on them, and ultimately make them more money.
Yes, but the end goal is to get people to buy the software. Only people breaking even or making bank on hardware is Nintendo and we know why that is :unimpressed:

:beli: Am I lying?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yes, but the end goal is to get people to buy the software. Only people breaking even or making bank on hardware is Nintendo and we know why that is :unimpressed:

No the end goal is to get you to buy their hardware so you buy all your software on that hardware making them licensing fees. They want you to enter their ecosystem. The games they make serve that purpose. If the end goal was just you buying their software then putting it everywhere makes more sense.

Now once that software has come out and sold through all it's useful copies then when it's no longer selling like that they dump it on other platforms to get extra sales then.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Sony’s $499 PS5 is no longer selling at a loss

You're either lying or ignorant. Why not both?

Looks like the only one not profiting off their console ventures is Microsoft. So run with that narrative, cuh.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

This isn't true. Sony broke even w/ PS4 early on and it became increasingly profitable over the course of its life. The PS5 is following the same trajectory*. Their goal is to get people to spend within their ecosystem. On their store. And their 1st party titles are extra incentive.

I’m pleased to say that the PS5 standard edition will break even from next month’s production," said Ryan (thanks, VGC). "And from then on, we project that it will gradually become increasingly profitable."

That's a nice projection considering the console is said to be selling at a loss at the moment, which is normal as noted by industry analyst Daniel Ahmad. Console companies recoup hardware investments through first-party game sales and services, plus a cut from third-party games and DLC.

Ryan told investors in a Q&A after the presentation that the console's standard edition "represents the very great majority of PlayStation 5 sales." Ryan then stated the company doesn't see the proportion changing during the current fiscal year; however, the company does expect to see a "slight increase" in sales of the digital edition, "but not significant." Ryan also said owners of the digital offering spent 8% more on full games and DLC than PS5 standard edition.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
charging $100 more for the disc version always seemed weird

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Sony’s $499 PS5 is no longer selling at a loss

You're either lying or ignorant. Why not both?

Looks like the only one not profiting off their console ventures is Microsoft. So run with that narrative, cuh.

This isn't true. Sony broke even w/ PS4 early on and it became increasingly profitable over the course of its life. The PS5 is following the same trajectory*. Their goal is to get people to spend within their ecosystem. On their store. And their 1st party titles are extra incentive.

No the end goal is to get you to buy their hardware so you buy all your software on that hardware making them licensing fees. They want you to enter their ecosystem. The games they make serve that purpose. If the end goal was just you buying their software then putting it everywhere makes more sense.

Now once that software has come out and sold through all it's useful copies then when it's no longer selling like that they dump it on other platforms to get extra sales then.

I stand corrected then. :ehh: Wasn't aware the hardware was profitable. I'm in complete disbelief at the PS5 considering what's packed in. I still think software is what's really driving profit here though. The margin on that is crazy.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I stand corrected then. :ehh: Wasn't aware the hardware was profitable. I'm in complete disbelief at the PS5 considering what's packed in. I still think software is what's really driving profit here though. The margin on that is crazy.
With a comparison to Apple they could make more money selling Apple Watches making them both standalone devices, compatible with iPads, and/or with Android devices.

More people would buy Apple Watches then but in return less people would buy iPhones. Their primary goal with the Apple Watch is to get you to prefer an iPhone which is why it doesn't even sync with other Apple devices like their Macs and iPads.

Sony's primary goal with their games is to get you into their ecosystem.