Sony need to release their first party games on PC day 1 just like Xbox

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I stand corrected then. :ehh: Wasn't aware the hardware was profitable. I'm in complete disbelief at the PS5 considering what's packed in. I still think software is what's really driving profit here though. The margin on that is crazy.

Sony makes far more money from 3rd party software. They want you to buy spider-man or god of war, and stay for fortnite and warzone and spend in-game money which they get a cut off.

The epic vs apple court case revealed all this in great detail. The only company that makes the majority of their sales from 1st party software is nintendo, which is like 70%+

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Sony makes far more money from 3rd party software. They want you to buy spider-man or god of war, and stay for fortnite and warzone and spend in-game money which they get a cut off.

The epic vs apple court case revealed all this in great detail. The only company that makes the majority of their sales from 1st party software is nintendo, which is like 70%+
:jbhmm: I don't think we're disagreeing. Maybe I'm not properly articulating but my my point is that these companies mostly make money off software. Even if they're technically profiting with hardware I bet the margins are razor thin.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:jbhmm: I don't think we're disagreeing. Maybe I'm not properly articulating but my my point is that these companies mostly make money off software. Even if they're technically profiting with hardware I bet the margins are razor thin.

Yeah, anyone disagreeing with that is wrong. Hardware is secondary to revenue than software. I don’t think anyone is arguing that though

Unless you’re nintendo, then its both.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If Sony is taking a loss on the discless version, then the profit margin on the disc version has to be very low if they make any profit at all.

Hardware is not their money maker.

Their Goal is to get you locked into their hardware so you spend money on software and services. 1st party games aren’t the biggest profit makers either. They are more used as advertisements or incentives to buy the hardware. They make their money through licensing and things like PS+

Nintendo makes the majority of their profit on Hardware and 1st part software. It’s why the hardware is always weak as fukk and the games never go on sale.

Microsoft is all in on software and services. They calculated that they don’t need to lock you into their ecosystem if they can bring their ecosystem to wherever you are comfortable gaming at.ev

3 very different strategies that call for 3 very different measures of success.

Who sells the most consoles really doesn’t mean anything right now as far as each companies individual success.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If Sony is taking a loss on the discless version, then the profit margin on the disc version has to be very low if they make any profit at all.

Hardware is not their money maker.

Their Goal is to get you locked into their hardware so you spend money on software and services. 1st party games aren’t the biggest profit makers either. They are more used as advertisements or incentives to buy the hardware. They make their money through licensing and things like PS+

Nintendo makes the majority of their profit on Hardware and 1st part software. It’s why the hardware is always weak as fukk and the games never go on sale.

Microsoft is all in on software and services. They calculated that they don’t need to lock you into their ecosystem if they can bring their ecosystem to wherever you are comfortable gaming at.ev

3 very different strategies that call for 3 very different measures of success.

Who sells the most consoles really doesn’t mean anything right now as far as each companies individual success.

So we won’t get anymore series s sales threads? :patrice:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Meh. I just don't buy that everything needs to be dirt cheap in order for it to be "worth it". Quite the contrary even. It's ok for everyone to want some profit for their efforts. By God, even companies even.

I honestly feel like i get more than enough “free” shyt from sony. A lot of it i just don’t even care about tbh

They’ve pretty much given away all their 1st party games at this point

Now, Nintendo….they would be damned before they give out monthly current gen games

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Meh. I just don't buy that everything needs to be dirt cheap in order for it to be "worth it". Quite the contrary even. It's ok for everyone to want some profit for their efforts. By God, even companies even.
Sony doesn't make money when their games come to PC?

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Playing Horizon Zero Dawn on an ultra wide screen 1440P ultra :wow:.

Sony could be killing it with day 1 releases instead of waiting a year after. That hardware shyt is over as software is more important.

PC won't affect console sales at all.
1440P :scust: