Sony is developing a new game cartridge.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Excerpt from the article:
The patent filed in South Korea hints at an "electronic game cartridge." No further details are given, but the design does suggest a connection at the bottom of the device that could be used to communicate with a console. This would certainly be in keeping with gaming division John Kodera's comments from May, where he noted that "Rather than separating portable gaming from consoles, it's necessary to continue thinking of [portable gaming] as one method to deliver more gaming experiences.
:jbhmm: Looks like they’re attempting a switch clone.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I actually wouldn’t be surprised if they made a powerful PS5 to compete with the next Xbox plus a portable switch version of the PS5 to compete with Nintendo especially in Japan where the PS4 hasn’t done that well.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
@Fatboi1 @Rekkapryde expect to pay $400 for a 128GB propriety storage card brehs.

See below. I bet this is the deal....
I actually wouldn’t be surprised if they made a powerful PS5 to compete with the next Xbox plus a portable switch version of the PS5 to compete with Nintendo especially in Japan where the PS4 hasn’t done that well.

LOL at expecting the nickel to be cartridge based. :mjlol:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I was thinking they could get away from discs by having a 'cartridge' you could load at a retailer. they have some kind of kiosk at Walmart, etc. you pay for the game, put your cartridge in, and it loads the (authenticated) game onto the cartridge. you then go home and install it on your console

it could be an option for those with crappy internet. they would just have to make it 'impossible' to hack

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was thinking they could get away from discs by having a 'cartridge' you could load at a retailer. they have some kind of kiosk at Walmart, etc. you pay for the game, put your cartridge in, and it loads the (authenticated) game onto the cartridge. you then go home and install it on your console

it could be an option for those with crappy internet. they would just have to make it 'impossible' to hack
Uh oh, this likely could mean no disc drive =

"Introducing the PS4 Classic!" "Available to you through our special service!"
9LzOHnu.jpg

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

I wish you guys would stop saying this :snoop: you only need 1.5mb for internet gaming...
Along with today's clarification of the online requirements of the Xbox One, Microsoft also gave us an internet speed target: "For an optimal experience, we recommend a broadband connection of 1.5Mbps." That doesn't seem unreasonable

So coli, who doesn't have that but can afford a next gen/current gen system :dahell:

The argument that these billion dollar companies will limit what their systems can do because there's a poor neighborhood somewhere is :mindblown: and is rooted in internet folklore ONLY. CUT THAT shyt OUT MY nikkaZ :ufdup: