Sony introduces the world to Next Gen

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
shyt this is what FFVII REMAKE PART 2 gonna look like? Omg

Edit:Finished watching.

Sold. If this is just a taste of what's to come for next gen then god damn that is a fukking JUMP. You see how HUGE and beautiful the world looked? That lighting was insanse. I never even knew it was that much of a difference

If they drop UE4 for 5 in the middle of development we'd all be dead before part 2 comes out.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Next Battlefield fam.... Believe.

But if they are still using Frostbite.... DICE Frostbite engine just got put on notice.
Frostbite doesn't need a big visual overhaul like Unreal did. If anything, they need to work on making Frostbite 3.0 run better. I'm sure they're already working on 4.0 though. Hopefully with a SSD being standard, stuff like bad texture streaming can be a thing of the past.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
marty.gif
We got this 2016

Throw a elf bytch in there and you got this demo.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
If they drop UE4 for 5 in the middle of development we'd all be dead before part 2 comes out.

Square ain't bout it. FF7R would need at least 10 to 20mill copies sold no price drop. They have no need to get that detailed as long as the gameplay solid or advanced.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Few things: one, I believe the new console cards have a method to accelerate ray tracing a bit. Two, developers will have to very selectively enable ray traced elements within a game scene to target a specific frame rate. On PC, it doesnt seem that ray traced games are very optimized. Its all or nothing
It's not even just that they're not optimized. It's really that the hardware still isn't there yet. And that's even with the RTX having dedicated RT hardware in it, which these consoles won't have. There's a reason DLSS 2.0 is such a big deal. Sony needs to revolutionize checkboard rendering to further support ray tracing. I know MS is supposedly working on something but nVidia is well ahead of AMD when it comes to this stuff.

Right now, I can run Control well below it's native resolution with ray-tracing at 3440x1440 and it still look JUST as sharp and it maintains over 100fps. It's crazy how good DLSS is.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Sony/Playstation has always tried to give people a great option and now with video games becoming big time, Sony knows that each console they put out has to be big time and it has to represent the NEXT 5-7 years, not currently, because its all about innovation.

I'll be excited to pick up a PS5 but it's great to see Sony apply full pressure on Microsoft to play catch-up, that's how you win, you never let up even when your clearly winning.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Its a lesson needed.. you have 15 studios now stop relying on third party to show shyt and use your own game or an engine demo. Its like they are learning on the fly.

They've been in the game too long for that kinda nonsense too.