Sony introduces the world to Next Gen

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This cac who is the lead marketer of Xbox is gonna sink the brand.:picard:

Greenberg needs to just shut the fukk up at this point. Him and Ducktale Phil obviously see what real good PR is like and were like :to:

And still :mjlol: at letting Ubi con them last week.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not implying anyone is faking excitement, YOU wrote that.
What I'm finding interesting is people saying "Brehs ! Sony is the first one to let us get a glimpse of Next Gen !!!"
when Ninja Theory already dropped a video that shows this is possible. It was so insane looking that no one
believed it yet here we are.
"Brehs" are saying that because they(Epic) said it was in real time, running on PS5 that was reiterated that with Geoff by Epic themselves. These are THEIR words, not ours.

You're ignoring the "running live" part. This was explicitly stated by Epic themselves.

"Playable game code on PS5"

Hellblade 2's reveal was a random video that said it was running in engine at a time nobody expected to even see next gen stuff. It wasn't said to be running live in game and/or playable.

Even DF speculated that.
Our gut feeling here is that the Hellblade asset is exactly what it says it is - in-engine and likely not real-time. After all, based on when Microsoft first received Xbox One X silicon (early in 2017, around 11 months before launch), the Series X processor was likely only finalised very recently and creating an asset of this quality and polish in such a compressed timescale seems unlikely.
Is the Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 teaser truly a taste of next-gen power?

I'm not saying it cannot be real time but until Ninja Theory drops a gameplay video showing it looks just like that then that's all we can base this off of. :yeshrug:

Contrasted to this reveal where everything is said in a matter of fact way, it's easy to see why brehs were saying Sony showed first glimpse of next gen since it was said to be running on a PS5 devkit.

Epic just dropped a video saying "Hey we have as many triangles on screen as we have pixels on your tv set" which suddenly puts that Hellblade 2 trailer in an entirely different light.
If Ninja Theory drops another in game footage showing it looking exactly as it did when they revealed it then that's that. If this tech video was just shown and said "running on PS5" and was only a minute long people would say it looks incredible but many would doubt it's actually real gameplay or indicative of what actual games may look like... Especially after the weak showing last week.

Reread that.
Then go read that quote.
Hellblade 2 will be using UE5.
Post the full tweet.
Incredible work by the team at Epic @UnrealEngine, many of our XGS studios are using Unreal, like the team at Ninja Theory creating Hellblade II, and are excited to bring these UE5 innovations to life on Xbox Series X.
This says plainly many studios are using Unreal Engine(4 most likely) and are excited to bring these UE5 technologies (speaking about the future) to XsX. This isn't saying Hellblade Ii is made with UE5.

How could it be when Epic themselves say it won't be available until late 2021? Hellblade 2 is assumed to be a launch game right? Epic said they(devs) could work on UE4 now and move stuff to UE5 so whether that happens is yet to be seen but if Phil is typically confident when speaking about the pro's of XsX he wouldn't be vague about it:He'd just state plainly Hellblade 2 is being developed with Unreal Engine 5.

Last edited:

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Very simple:
In engine teaser vs in game demo running live.

Disingenuous to imply people are faking their excitement because it's shown on PS5.

Also that tweet doesn't say it's made with UE5. Just says UE(XGS) using UE.
Why would you compare it to Hellblade? Nothing in Hellblade trailers had the scope of the last minute of the UE5 trailer.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Why would you compare it to Hellblade? Nothing in Hellblade trailers had the scope of the last minute of the UE5 trailer.
This is lowballing Hellblade. Whether in engine or not those facial animations were pure next gen. And if we wanna be real the facial animation looked better in the Hellblade 2 trailer than the main character model in this demo.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Brehs" are saying that because they(Epic) said it was in real time, running on PS5 that was reiterated that with Geoff by Epic themselves. These are THEIR words, not ours.

You're ignoring the "running live" part. This was explicitly stated by Epic themselves.

"Playable game code on PS5"

Hellblade 2's reveal was a random video that said it was running in engine at a time nobody expected to even see next gen stuff. It wasn't said to be running live in game and/or playable.

Even DF speculated that.

Is the Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 teaser truly a taste of next-gen power?

I'm not saying it cannot be real time but until Ninja Theory drops a gameplay video showing it looks just like that that's all we can base this off of.

Contrasted to this reveal where everything is said as a matter of fact, it's easy to see why brehs were saying Sony showed first glimpse of next gen.

If Ninja Theory drops another in game footage showing it looking exactly as it did when they revealed it then that's that. If this tech video was just shown and said "running on PS5" and was only a minute long people would say it looks incredible but many would doubt it's actually real gameplay or indicative of what actual games may look like... Especially after the weak showing last week.

Post the full tweet.

This says plainly many studios are using Unreal Engine(4 most likely) and are excited to bring these UE5(speaking about the future) to XsX. This isn't saying Hellblade Ii is made with UE5. How could it be when Epic themselves say it won't be available until late 2021? Hellblade 2 is assumed to be a launch game right?

I posted the full tweet.
Let's come back to this post when Hellblade II is officially confirmed to be using
UE5.
I suspect, I WILL NOT have egg on my face.

You can reply if you like but I won't be going back & forth. :yeshrug:
I'm stopping here.

Oh and I'll repost that quote without the mention of Hellbade 2.
It's pretty damned obvious what spencer means :
Phil Spencer said:
Incredible work by the team at Epic @UnrealEngine, many of our XGS studios are using Unreal and are excited to bring these UE5 innovations to life on Xbox Series X.

:pachaha:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I posted the full tweet.
Let's come back to this post when Hellblade II is officially confirmed to be using
UE5.
I suspect, I WILL NOT have egg on my face.

You can reply if you like but I won't be going back & forth. :yeshrug:
I'm stopping here.
That's cool, I'm just saying it ain't nothing to really go back and forth about :yeshrug: If it's using UE5, it's using UE5. Doesn't matter in the end since at the time there was nothing to suggest it initially. Not really gonna be a "told you so" thing.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It's in the quote. He isn't saying HB2 is running on UE5. He doesn't make that distinction. Just that their teams are using UE as well. He's being ambiguous on purpose.

more Phil bullshyt as usual. Just imagine if they actually debuted this shyt last week. Would be a COMPLETE 180 PR wise.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
So we are championing a tech demo that is multiplatform? I guess people really are starved for new stuff. It is pretty, it serves it's purpose however the Coalition is the world's best Unreal Engine developer outside of Epic due to basically being a former Epic studio and is also an MGS owned studio. This demo gives potential for the future for multiplatform games using the engine, no more, no less. This is no different than having a PC and running 3DMark on it. 1440P@30fps is where they benchmarked this.

Last edited: