Sony introduces the world to Next Gen

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
:wow: That was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Plus is that a new Tomb Raider game? :blessed: Next gen shaping up to be a revolution. :lawd: Unreal engine is only a Sony product or an overall industry product?

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
I’m confused.. people are acting like only the ps5 will be using this engine. I’d be more hyped over one of Sony’s studios showcasing how their games will take full advantage of the ps5 hardware. I get that Sony and Epic have a “close” relationship but Epic ain’t even got a copy of the house key.

Looking forward to more news from Sony tho

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
To be fair, we don't really know what the next AC would look like from a tech demo perspective though.

But I agree. Which is why you won't find me playing anything at 4K but on consoles. Waste of GPU power :camby:
I have a 2080ti and I been saying this for years. I don’t even play at 4K.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m confused.. people are acting like only the ps5 will be using this engine. I’d be more hyped over one of Sony’s studios showcasing how their games will take full advantage of the ps5 hardware. I get that Sony and Epic have a “close” relationship but Epic ain’t even got a copy of the house key.

Looking forward to more news from Sony tho
People are hype because this was a great showing of next gen tech and two running on PS5 of which we've seen nothing up to this point so it hits harder especially considering there was a poor reception to the event Xbox held last week.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It took at least 24 people 6 months to make that demo. For all the talk of time saved by importing the raw files, 6 months for that small slice just means if somebody tries to make a 30 hour game with that fidelity we not playing that shyt until 2029.:beli:
AAA games are made by hundreds of people.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
It will be similar on Xbox.

Unreal is a multiplatform engine that aims to sell to the broadest consumer base (movie studios included)

It's really good timing marketing wise by Sony, MS got their marketing ass kicked. But marketing is just a company beating it's own drum.

The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drums.

This is impressive no doubt. But it won't kill M$

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just watched this

Meach again is full of shyt :hhh:

Game looks good but UE5 tech demo looks way better.
Cyberpunk still looks like a great looking current gen game. Lighting is nowhere near as impressive as is the LOD. It's world's apart in detail too. Just one statue has more detail than most characters in any one scene here. :stopitslime:

Neither does RDR2 look better lighting or detail wise.