Sony in Ultra Petty mode: Sony has responded to the CMA's decision to further investigate the acquisition, and says it "welcomes the announcement."

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't know why yall keep running with this false narrative that Microsoft couldn't keep up with Sony with the 360.

The final numbers for both systems is 87 million for the ps3 and 85 million for the 360. 3rd party games sold better on the 360, Xbox exclusives sold better than ps3 exclusives. Sony had to combine the sells of the ps2 with the ps3 just so it didn't look like they were being outsold as much as they were for majority of that generation, xbots were always bringing up that fact whenever numbers were released. The 360 outsold the ps3 in the U.S. and the EU for the entirety of that generation. Microsoft literally stopped supporting non kinect projects for the last few years of that generation, while Sony dug their heels in with exclusive titles, which is when Sony managed to finally close the gap.

This narrative that Microsoft couldn't compete with Sony is a flat out lie.

Its funny because the 360 generation is probably why there are so many residual stans still running around talking crazy to this day.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Its funny because the 360 generation is probably why there are so many residual stans still running around talking crazy to this day.
If you were around when sohh existed, you know that place was dominated by xbox. Ps3 brehs couldn't catch a break for atleast half the generation, how Microsoft is treated is how Sony was treated back then. I know for a fact @winb83 remembers all of this, that how I know he's full of shyt acting like Microsoft couldn't compete. He said they made the kinect because they couldn't keep up with Sony, but in reality they did it because they were winning and didn't even see Sony as competition anymore, they wanted that wii market.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If you were around when sohh existed, you know that place was dominated by xbox. Ps3 brehs couldn't catch a break for atleast half the generation, how Microsoft is treated is how Sony was treated back then. I know for a fact @winb83 remembers all of this, that how I know he's full of shyt acting like Microsoft couldn't compete. He said they made the kinect because they couldn't keep up with Sony, but in reality they did it because they were winning and didn't even see Sony as competition anymore, they wanted that wii market.
This is what y’all remember which is why you have a broken understanding of what actually happened that gen.

It’s all emotional stan shyt :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I believe it, even i was a borderline xbox stan back then.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yup the price drop and MGS4 was the turning point.

And of course the RROD and all those timed exclusives the 360 had ended

Marathon not a sprint

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
This is what y’all remember which is why you have a broken understanding of what actually happened that gen.

It’s all emotional stan shyt :mjlol:
That's not what I remember, that's what actually happened. Yall can keep pretending that Sony was some unstoppable force back then but the numbers tell the real story. 3rd party games sold better on the 360 for the entirety of the generation, exclusives sold better than playstation exclusives. The system sold more overall in both the US and EU, and it only ended up 2 million units behind the ps3.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Marathon not a sprint

That was exactly the precise moment i switched back to playstation. I specifically saved up to buy ps3 and MGS4

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

Marathon not a sprint
It would have been even worse if Microsoft didn't release faulty 360s at the start of the generation because Xbox was still outselling the ps3 even when they were breaking down like clockwork

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's not what I remember, that's what actually happened. Yall can keep pretending that Sony was some unstoppable force back then but the numbers tell the real story. 3rd party games sold better on the 360 for the entirety of the generation, exclusives sold better than playstation exclusives. The system sold more overall in both the US and EU, and it only ended up 2 million units behind the ps3.
But that’s what stands out to you.

2 years of sony not dominating and a few games you missed out on before PS3 released, and you felt it emotionally when the guys on sohh gave you a hard time :mjlol:

Microsoft made up some ground with the 360 due to sony’s fukkery, and a 1 year head start but they still never had a chance worldwide. PS3 sold more than 360 from the day the PS3 released.

Xbox one and PS4 aren’t too far off in the U.S. It’s the whole rest of the world Microsoft has been unable to capture.

I’m not even sure what you are pointing back to in the 360 generation that microsoft should do that they aren’t doing now.

What aren’t they doing now??

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
But that’s what stands out to you.

2 years of sony not dominating and a few games you missed out on before PS3 released, and you felt it emotionally when the guys on sohh gave you a hard time :mjlol:

Microsoft made up some ground with the 360 due to sony’s fukkery, and a 1 year head start but they still never had a chance worldwide. PS3 sold more than 360 from the day the PS3 released.

Xbox one and PS4 aren’t too far off in the U.S. It’s the whole rest of the world Microsoft has been unable to capture.

I’m not even sure what you are pointing back to in the 360 generation that microsoft should do that they aren’t doing now.

What aren’t they doing now??
Making good games, you dummy.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

duhh-duh.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They had a few “exclusives” by virtue of the 360 being out first and easier/cheaper to develop for.

Other than that it was all moneyhats and 2nd party deals. Which they found out is unsustainable because inevitably those studios get bought out or sign other deals.

Which is why now they are just buying the studios to secure the content and talent before someone else does.

Would you like them to go back to buying individual games??

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
They had a few “exclusives” by virtue of the 360 being out first and easier/cheaper to develop for.

Other than that it was all moneyhats and 2nd party deals. Which they found out is unsustainable because inevitably those studios get bought out or sign other deals.

Which is why now they are just buying the studios to secure the content and talent before someone else does.

Would you like them to go back to buying individual games??
Nah, what I'd like is for you to shut up.

Last edited: