Sony in Ultra Petty mode: Sony has responded to the CMA's decision to further investigate the acquisition, and says it "welcomes the announcement."

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
But that’s what stands out to you.

2 years of sony not dominating and a few games you missed out on before PS3 released, and you felt it emotionally when the guys on sohh gave you a hard time :mjlol:
I was team 360 for the first three years of that generation, only reason I switched to ps3 was because I had 3 RROD situations, 2 of them being after GTA4 had released and I couldn't play it for like 2 months and it pissed me off. No, xbots weren't giving me a hard time because I was one of them.

After i bought a ps3 i always talked about how garbage it was compared to the 360, online was trash and every 3rd party game looked and played worse on it.

I remember laughing at Sony stans acting like Lair was a good game after the patch, how haze was gonna be a halo killer, pretending uncharted 1(trash) was better than gears of war, how Warhawk wasn't a flop.

I was there for all of it.
Microsoft made up some ground with the 360 due to sony’s fukkery, and a 1 year head start but they still never had a chance worldwide. PS3 sold more than 360 from the day the PS3 released.
Both companies had fukkery at launch, sony launching $200 more than the 360 with worse performance, and the 360 with its ridiculous failure rate.

The ps3 was not selling more than the 360 since release, they had to bundle ps2 sells just to make it look good, word to @PS5 . The ps2 was still selling a shyt load in poorer countries where Sony conveniently made up the difference while Microsoft dominated all the markets that mattered outside of Japan.

If you look at the final numbers at the end of that generation, the 360 was ahead of the ps3 in units sold. The ps3 didn't pull ahead in sells until after the ps4 was released, and microsoft had stopped support for the 360 2 years before then, and they were only dropping kinect games by that point.

The ps3 NEVER surpassed the 360 in software sales, probably because a big chunk of people only bought the ps3 because it was the cheapest Blu ray player at the time, they weren't buying games for the shyt.

I’m not even sure what you are pointing back to in the 360 generation that microsoft should do that they aren’t doing now.
I'm pointing back at that generation because yall have this weird idea that microsoft could never be competitive with Sony like Sony is some impervious force in the industry.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Microsoft made up some ground with the 360 due to sony’s fukkery, and a 1 year head start but they still never had a chance worldwide. PS3 sold more than 360 from the day the PS3 released.
If the ps3 was selling more than the 360 how do you explain multiplats selling far better on the 360. You can look at 3rd party games and the difference was drastic.

Call of duty was regularly doubling the sales of the ps3 port.
  • 1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision, Xbox 360) - 4,200,000
  • 2. Call of Cuty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision, PlayStation 3) - 1,870,000
Battlefield 3

• Xbox 360: 2.2 million
  • PlayStation 3: 1.5 million

Those are 2 examples but it was like this for every multi platform game. The 360 dominated that generation, the ps3 never closed the gap on software even at the end of the generation.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If the ps3 was selling more than the 360 how do you explain multiplats selling far better on the 360. You can look at 3rd party games and the difference was drastic.

Call of duty was regularly doubling the sales of the ps3 port.
  • 1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision, Xbox 360) - 4,200,000
  • 2. Call of Cuty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision, PlayStation 3) - 1,870,000
Battlefield 3

• Xbox 360: 2.2 million
  • PlayStation 3: 1.5 million

Those are 2 examples but it was like this for every multi platform game. The 360 dominated that generation, the ps3 never closed the gap on software even at the end of the generation.
PS3 clearly sold more hardware than 360.

360 selling more software in some games doesn’t change that.

COD had 2 games come out on 360 before PS3 even came out and xbox had the marketing deal in place. Also at that time 360 install base was more than double.

360 was also the place known for online gaming. PS3 was slower to get its online gaming going. 360 was known as the place for online shooter. PS3 was know as the place for janky online fukkery.

But beyond that, your whole premiss is wrong here anyway.
https://www.destructoid.com/playstation-3-outperforming-xbox-360-in-software-sales/#:~:text=The writer claims that EA’s financial statement shows,with the 360 lagging behind at with 14%.

There were plenty examples of PS3 selling more software too.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I was team 360 for the first three years of that generation, only reason I switched to ps3 was because I had 3 RROD situations, 2 of them being after GTA4 had released and I couldn't play it for like 2 months and it pissed me off. No, xbots weren't giving me a hard time because I was one of them.
Either way, console wars drives your misconception of what happened then.
After i bought a ps3 i always talked about how garbage it was compared to the 360, online was trash and every 3rd party game looked and played worse on it.

I remember laughing at Sony stans acting like Lair was a good game after the patch, how haze was gonna be a halo killer, pretending uncharted 1(trash) was better than gears of war, how Warhawk wasn't a flop.

I was there for all of it.
Console warz :wow:
Both companies had fukkery at launch, sony launching $200 more than the 360 with worse performance, and the 360 with its ridiculous failure rate.
Money is king. $200 more and launching a year later is how 360 made some progress.
The ps3 was not selling more than the 360 since release, they had to bundle ps2 sells just to make it look good, word to @PS5 . The ps2 was still selling a shyt load in poorer countries where Sony conveniently made up the difference while Microsoft dominated all the markets that mattered outside of Japan.
Explain how numbers work breh.

360 had a year(even more when you consider low ps3 supply) head start but still sold less by the end of the gen.

Explain how that works if PS3 wasn’t selling more units than 360 after the initial head start? :dahell:
If you look at the final numbers at the end of that generation, the 360 was ahead of the ps3 in units sold. The ps3 didn't pull ahead in sells until after the ps4 was released, and microsoft had stopped support for the 360 2 years before then, and they were only dropping kinect games by that point.
No PS3 had caught up and surpassed 360 before PS4 released.
The ps3 NEVER surpassed the 360 in software sales, probably because a big chunk of people only bought the ps3 because it was the cheapest Blu ray player at the time, they weren't buying games for the shyt.
No, you are wrong. i provided the links in the other post. In some instances PS3 sold more software. Online shooters 360 had the advantage for obvious reasons. Everything else was a bit different.
I'm pointing back at that generation because yall have this weird idea that microsoft could never be competitive with Sony like Sony is some impervious force in the industry.
If sony drops another Late console that costs $200 more, I’m sure Microsoft would be very competitive in console sales that gen. :ehh:

Why do you think 360 was so competitive that gen?

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It would have been even worse if Microsoft didn't release faulty 360s at the start of the generation because Xbox was still outselling the ps3 even when they were breaking down like clockwork
But that RROD also contributed to 360 sales numbers big too. Remember @MightyHealthy went thru like 10 of em :mjlol:

I know I had Three of em :skip:

But games is what makes the system at the end of the day and that with the price drop is how Sony caught up

Best Xbox system was the OG IMO, so much exclusive heat

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

LOL I just saw that. Dude was eating them punches like scooby snacks.

Shrugged his shoulders on some
iu

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
But that RROD also contributed to 360 sales numbers big too. Remember @MightyHealthy went thru like 10 of em :mjlol:

I know I had Three of em :skip:

But games is what makes the system at the end of the day and that with the price drop is how Sony caught up

Best Xbox system was the OG IMO, so much exclusive heat
A lot of misinformation from both sides. I'll start with you. Xbox you forget gave 1 billion to repair any 360 for the first 4yrs (3yrs plus 1yr warranty) which they replaced for free and they didn't count as new sales. The only company to get away with new sales cheats is Sony which I'm about to breakdown :ufdup:

@MeachTheMonster is incorrect about ps3 outselling 360 even tho that is the popular narrative Sony created and the media repeats. It's Sony manipulated because they manipulated the numbers by counting ps2 sales as ps3 sales. This is how Sony overtook the 360 in sales which was a running lie that was a popular news story and the fan boys of course ran with it and still run with it.

It's ironic rekkapryde mentions he had 3 systems of Xbox but won't mention how many ps2s he had? Or that Sonys PS2 defects was not only way worse than the 360 launch. Sony didn't do anything about it until 5yrs after launch after getting sued worldwide for it. They didn't replace your system, you was just assed out. Ppl didn't buy expensive warranties for consoles back then because typically they worked without issue (cartridge era we didn't have these concerns)
And as I've famously preached, Sony knew, I was working at what is now a GameStop, they said they wasn't going to do anything about it on some fukk it type shyt. I been team Xbox ever since :francis:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
A lot of misinformation from both sides. I'll start with you. Xbox you forget gave 1 billion to repair any 360 for the first 4yrs (3yrs plus 1yr warranty) which they replaced for free and they didn't count as new sales. The only company to get away with new sales cheats is Sony which I'm about to breakdown :ufdup:

@MeachTheMonster is incorrect about ps3 outselling 360 even tho that is the popular narrative Sony created and the media repeats. It's Sony manipulated because they manipulated the numbers by counting ps2 sales as ps3 sales. This is how Sony overtook the 360 in sales which was a running lie that was a popular news story and the fan boys of course ran with it and still run with it.

It's ironic rekkapryde mentions he had 3 systems of Xbox but won't mention how many ps2s he had? Or that Sonys PS2 defects was not only way worse than the 360 launch. Sony didn't do anything about it until 5yrs after launch after getting sued worldwide for it. They didn't replace your system, you was just assed out. Ppl didn't buy expensive warranties for consoles back then because typically they worked without issue (cartridge era we didn't have these concerns)
And as I've famously preached, Sony knew, I was working at what is now a GameStop, they said they wasn't going to do anything about it on some fukk it type shyt. I been team Xbox ever since :francis:
We all we got!!!!

@Gizmo_Duck

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't know why yall keep running with this false narrative that Microsoft couldn't keep up with Sony with the 360.

The final numbers for both systems is 87 million for the ps3 and 85 million for the 360. 3rd party games sold better on the 360, Xbox exclusives sold better than ps3 exclusives. Sony had to combine the sells of the ps2 with the ps3 just so it didn't look like they were being outsold as much as they were for majority of that generation, xbots were always bringing up that fact whenever numbers were released. The 360 outsold the ps3 in the U.S. and the EU for the entirety of that generation. Microsoft literally stopped supporting non kinect projects for the last few years of that generation, while Sony dug their heels in with exclusive titles, which is when Sony managed to finally close the gap.

This narrative that Microsoft couldn't compete with Sony is a flat out lie.
Look what it took for them to compete. Sony had to decide to do a really boneheaded thing and make a $600 home console. That seriously hamstrung them at the start. They also rushed the 360 to market to make sure they had time alone before Sony hit.

In other words the stars aligned for them and they still failed to overtake them. The PS3 is basically Sony's biggest blunder of any home console generation. Another chance like that isn't going to happen. All the other Sony consoles have sold 100 million plus even ones before the PS3.

Why is it so hard for yall to admit that the home console gaming market wants to converge on a single platform? The average person doesn't want to go out and buy multiple $500 consoles. Unless the market leader makes a catastrophic mistake the advantages they typically enjoy are insurmountable. Yall would rather take a one off and pretend like that's a normal case.

The NES came out in 1983 or so. We have almost 40 years of data from that point to now. Please show me any generation where the market leader was overtaken and lost without they themselves completely fukking up and another company taking advantage of that. Can you do that or will you point to the single one off you can and say that can be reproduced?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If you were around when sohh existed, you know that place was dominated by xbox. Ps3 brehs couldn't catch a break for atleast half the generation, how Microsoft is treated is how Sony was treated back then. I know for a fact @winb83 remembers all of this, that how I know he's full of shyt acting like Microsoft couldn't compete. He said they made the kinect because they couldn't keep up with Sony, but in reality they did it because they were winning and didn't even see Sony as competition anymore, they wanted that wii market.
I bought a PS3 at launch and consistently said it was better than the Xbox 360. Owned both and still stand by that. The modern Sony we have today and the style of games they produce was forged in the PS3 generation. These huge single player story focused 3rd person camera games became a focus then. Microsoft back then even was focused on competitive multiplayer games.

Again my argument is that if you're the #1 brand in the traditional home console market and you're firing on all cylinders and not out here fukking up nobody is going to take that from you. If you don't give gamers and developers a reason to leave you like Nintendo did or like Sony did in a single generation they ain't leaving.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I bought a PS3 at launch and consistently said it was better than the Xbox 360. Owned both and still stand by that. The modern Sony we have today and the style of games they produce was forged in the PS3 generation. These huge single player story focused 3rd person camera games became a focus then. Microsoft back then even was focused on competitive multiplayer games.

Again my argument is that if you're the #1 brand in the traditional home console market and you're firing on all cylinders and not out here fukking up nobody is going to take that from you. If you don't give gamers and developers a reason to leave you like Nintendo did or like Sony did in a single generation they ain't leaving.
Better how? It wasn't stronger, madden was 30fps for the first 2yrs. As for fringed during the ps3 era?
I beg to differ, The ps3 era was just a continuation era that kicked off the lack of innovation era. MGS1/2 and 3 predates the ps3
Assassins creed
Pretty much every franchise outside of uncharted which was made to combat gears
Killzone to combat halo
Sony leaned heavily on capcom exclusivity as well
Basically the same tactics they use today they been doing since they entered the market and it peaked during the ps2 era