Sony has already won next gen.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
When its all said and done, the PS5 will have better games than the the next Xbox and that is what sells consoles

Always has and always will. Playstation has always had better games than Xbox. Nintendo lives off their exclusives to the point they damn near don't even need anything else

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
best graphic card out can barely game in 8k. This likely won't have a more powerful chip than that. Do the math.

it said 8k display breh....so that's movies, pictures, etc. Not games.

I'm just hoping for 4k60 for most games.

Even 8k playback is no joke. The price of this to play 4k@60fps games with Ray tracing and 8k video will not be cheap. Add in a proc that can play 8k, uhd drive and what will need to be a lot of ram and sizeable ssd, and we're expensive. Nobody is taking that kind of margin loss to make this $500. Something dramatic would have to happen in the used tech for this to happen at $500

This is why streaming/server farm model is starting to spread. 4k @60fps with Ray tracing requires at least a 2080 and only on will optimized games. That's$700-$800 on the graphic core and associated memory alone.

I think the 8k will be pictures honestly. :pachaha:

Yeah, I doubt the launch PS5 will be able to do 8K video playback. Just maybe upscale to 8K displays.

Look at the PS4 for example. At the original PS4 announcement event back in February 2013, Mark Cerny said the PS4 would do 4K video playback. Despite the fact the launch PS4 is powerful enough to do playback 4K video, it can't do it because the Codec, DRM, & HDMI standards for 4K video playback hadn't yet been established back in 2013 by the Tech industry & Hollywood.

You can probably get a jailbroken launch PS4 to play drm-free 4K video files though.