SONY Execs Warned Not To Cast Denzel Washington In Big Budget Movies Because Black Leads Flop

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
its not that hollywood is just racist, its a business and they understand the majority of non-black movie goers are inherently bigoted against blacks.
Bigoted folks are your bread and butter, you continue to cater to them, and the world keeps turning. The difference?

Hollywood been racist.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Demographic analysis is a part of marketing. There is nothing racist about it.

well, there's a clear racial component to it, but i understand.

this is why brehs should occasionally lurk kickstarter for black film makers to support. we have to stop expecting jews to put out good content for us.

Opus

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't get it. Did they do a survey about why people not watching these movies with black leads? Pretty sure independence day and men in black did numbers. They only want to put cacs in most high budget movies though. I watched equalizer and it sucked

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So is Will Smith considered the exception or something? They'll certainly cast his ass in big budget movies without a second thought. Sam Jackson too...to a lesser extent I guess.

yes.

ask cacs about the handful of black actors they like and it'll be will smith, morgan freeman, denzel washington and samuel jackson. everytime.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Perry and Oprah

Speaking to CNN, Oprah Winfrey offered another take on the leaks. "I would hope that we would not stand in such harsh judgment of a moment in time where someone was hacked and their private conversations were put before the world," Winfrey said.

Producer, director and actor Tyler Perry echoed Winfrey's statements in a separate interview with CNN.

"I think we all make stupid mistakes, and may say stupid things or a joke here or there, but unfortunately this all came back to haunt [Amy Pascal]," Perry said. "But I do not believe she is a racist."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/15/ava-duvernay-sony-emails_n_6329276.html

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Perry and Oprah

Speaking to CNN, Oprah Winfrey offered another take on the leaks. "I would hope that we would not stand in such harsh judgment of a moment in time where someone was hacked and their private conversations were put before the world," Winfrey said.

Producer, director and actor Tyler Perry echoed Winfrey's statements in a separate interview with CNN.

"I think we all make stupid mistakes, and may say stupid things or a joke here or there, but unfortunately this all came back to haunt [Amy Pascal]," Perry said. "But I do not believe she is a racist."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/15/ava-duvernay-sony-emails_n_6329276.html
Black people will continue to suffer under white supremacy until they are willing to confront it head on.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Does that shyt about overseas audiences have some truth to it.....or is it just a cop-out :patrice:

mufukkaz don't like nikkaz worldwide.....and water is wet. These mufukkaz in Europe, Asia would rather go see a movie with a cac in it when it's not a major production movie.

This isn't new

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bigoted folks are your bread and butter, you continue to cater to them, and the world keeps turning. The difference?

Hollywood been racist.

its their investment though. if they feel black leads in movies don't make as much as white leads, can you really blame them?

if you could make 250 mil back instead of 150 mil, what would you choose?