Sony defends decision to block crossplay " "A responsibility to our install base."

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Brokey, you don't know shyt about business :sitdown:
Are you implying if rocket league and minecraft allow crossplay then PS4 sales would drop because of it

Nobody said full cross compat on all titles, just these two. Lets not go full retard m'kay :handshake:
It certainly wouldn't help. Read the article OP linked; Sony shot it down for this very reason. It's not so much knowing business as much as it having common sense :mjlol:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
It certainly wouldn't help. Read the article OP linked; Sony shot it down for this very reason. It's not so much knowing business as much as it having common sense :mjlol:
I did read the article, and everyone on every forum is laughing at sony's excuses.
WTF are YOU talkin about :dwillhuh: Too broke to pay attention :smh: Look, you got sonned by Bow Wow
Nuff said :francis:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Sony stans will rationalize anything :wow:

In reality Sony probably just doesn't want to spend the money on it. They're selling consoles and making more profit than they've had in a long time.

It's just not worth the investment at this point.unless they see people jumping ship or Nintendo/Xbox taking market share, they'll keep doing what they are doing now:manny:

Coming from the guy who rationalized no used games and an always online console this is pretty rich.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Coming from the guy who rationalized no used games and an always online console this is pretty rich.
So people are not moving towards digital libraries :usure:
And is your system not always online? Do you put in your wifi password everytime you log-in?

IF not, pick up the pieces :ufdup:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
It's actually a no brainier to BLOCK cross play from a business perspective. Allowing the XB1 install base to play with their friends on the PS4 without actually buying a PS4 would hurt sales. It kills incentive to actually grab one. It's especially dumb to allow it in 1st place.

I get it; as a gamer I think it'd be cool. But I understand at the end of the day Sony is trying to push units. :manny:
You sound like a fukking idiot. I thought people like you said multiplats don't matter? Are people buying PS4s for multiplats now?

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Sony obviously doesn't care about what the gamers want.

Microsoft scraped almost all their plans with the xbox 1 to give the gamers exactly what they wanted, Sony gives no fukks now that they winning.

Didn't them a$$hole raise the price of psn for no reason? They owe us this imo.

Crossplay on fukking mine craft is not gonna suddenly kill ps4 sells.

:francis:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony's PR has gone completely to shyt. They either need to (a) change policy, (b) say some delaying bullshyt like 'we are considering it' and hope down the line people stop caring or (c) stfu. Making terrible ass excuses is the worst possible thing they can do, and this Ryan idiot is as unlikable as Spencer.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
They have been saying some of the dumbest shyt of all time ever since the 4 dropped. Reminds me of their recent comment about no one plays BC games but yet they'll sell u a service that does just that and also remaster games on psn for 15+ dollars:deadmanny:
And this is who u choose to place your faith :huhldup:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LOL Sony's PR is looking dumb right now just say "We decline commenting on this at the moment" and call it a day.

That shyt is business keep it 100 it ain't about children, it's about install base.