Sony defends decision to block crossplay " "A responsibility to our install base."

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
It's actually a no brainier to BLOCK cross play from a business perspective. Allowing the XB1 install base to play with their friends on the PS4 without actually buying a PS4 would hurt sales. It kills incentive to actually grab one. It's especially dumb to allow it in 1st place.

I get it; as a gamer I think it'd be cool. But I understand at the end of the day Sony is trying to push units. :manny:
Brokey, you don't know shyt about business :sitdown:
Are you implying if rocket league and minecraft allow crossplay then PS4 sales would drop because of it

Nobody said full cross compat on all titles, just these two. Lets not go full retard m'kay :handshake:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sony stans will rationalize anything :wow:

In reality Sony probably just doesn't want to spend the money on it. They're selling consoles and making more profit than they've had in a long time.

It's just not worth the investment at this point.unless they see people jumping ship or Nintendo/Xbox taking market share, they'll keep doing what they are doing now:manny:

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
It's actually a no brainier to BLOCK cross play from a business perspective. Allowing the XB1 install base to play with their friends on the PS4 without actually buying a PS4 would hurt sales. It kills incentive to actually grab one. It's especially dumb to allow it in 1st place.

I get it; as a gamer I think it'd be cool. But I understand at the end of the day Sony is trying to push units. :manny:

Unfortunately yeah, cross play across systems would entice players to get whatever the fukk they want. Why? Because folk can play with whoever with any system. The only people that would possibly care or even know about this ahead of time are fanboys...who would've made their purchase on their own merits anyway. The casual gamer would say its dope and keep it moving.

I think Sony's network and poor cell processor last gen is the real reason they can't keep up with Nintendo's modern hardware and MS's obvious strengths in bc...and id hope they plan to fix that shyt with ps5 or they gone have some problems that exclusives won't solve.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
They need to admit that their network is a liability and can't afford to do this shyt on a global scale. Xbox Switch and PC eating together this fall on multiple games.

Same company that said EA Access is bad for their customer's. They fukk boys
So sonys network is a liability but Switch's is good enough to handle it. :francis:

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Brokey, you don't know shyt about business :sitdown:
Are you implying if rocket league and minecraft allow crossplay then PS4 sales would drop because of it

Nobody said full cross compat on all titles, just these two. Lets not go full retard m'kay :handshake:

Nah playa, Sony's in a precarious position that they shouldn't be in since they the leader this gen and all :mjgrin:. Sony problem is they not forward thinking, and they can't be because they're hemmed up with business decisions... obviously bad in hindsight, that they can't fix it as easy as Nintendo or MS.

Nintendo has new hardware that's more customizable than they typically allow... and MS is fukkin MS, them nikkas can brute force anything and come out clean sooner or later + software and rolling with pc.

All Sony got in their back pocket is a stable of first party SP games and the Japanese devs :francis: that just happened to strike gold this gen. With everything going GAAS that shot gone change I promise you. I understand why, but that shyt ain't smart Sony :ufdup:

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
Kings don't play with peasants :hhh:

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Sony stans will rationalize anything :wow:

In reality Sony probably just doesn't want to spend the money on it. They're selling consoles and making more profit than they've had in a long time.

It's just not worth the investment at this point.unless they see people jumping ship or Nintendo/Xbox taking market share, they'll keep doing what they are doing now:manny:

Doesn't require money the gaming company provides the code and Sony open that port

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Doesn't require money the gaming company provides the code and Sony open that port
Sony is well aware soft ass Sony gamers couldn't handle competition from gamers of other platforms, did their bytchass fanbase a favor.

Online Madden and 2k Ranked matches be on rookie :manny:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
You sound like a Republican. shyt is the future point blank period

:gucci:

This isn't politics man, it's business. Sony is trying to move hardware. Cross-platform play would be a boon to Microsoft but hurt Sony. It would've been the reverse last gen man. I'm an XB1 guy myself but let's not make ourselves look dumb.
What???? Why not buy an Xbox if all my friends play online with it... Switch, PC, and Xbox all playing together....

Where's Sony....
Sony is waiting for you to buy a PS4 so you can play with all your friends that have one. Cross-platform play hurts your sales if you're in first place..there's less incentive to buy your console.

Besides, you're speaking as if cross-platform play is an industry standard when really it's only available in like 5 games.