Sony bullshytting with PS1/PS2 backwards compatiblity let's be real brehs

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why the hell doesn't the PS4 allow BC with PS1 games at least :mindblown:

PS2 games already run on PS4 but no let's charge nikkas for older games.

PS3 I can understand since the cell was hard to code for.

Xbox shytting on PS4 in terms of BC. Phil Spencer said 50% of people play(ed) old games on Xbox One which makes sense since there's no new games coming out for the XB1 anymore. That's crazy

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I have no problem with the ps2 classics because they cleaned up the image and added trophies.

I cop at least 1 pretty much every flash sale.

Playing through manhunt right now.

I wish more studios jumped on it

And I'll be honest I'd love if they added ps1 classics with trophies and cleaned up images. I copped a bunch for vita just because but no trophies for those.

Last edited:

Micron

Pro
Daps
The best solution is just buying a PS2. I bought another PS2, N64, and Dreamcast because the games I wanted to play will never be available on PSN. They are all plugged in to the entertainment center, so Sony does not get any more of my money for classic games, unless they have new features. Like Soul Calibur II HD, has both Spawn and Heihachi.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got my PS3 fat jailbroken to play ps1 and ps2 games and I got a modded ps2 slim in the chamber plus a decent PC to play both on 1080p. All Sony needs to do is just give me more PS4 games we ain't worried about no backwards compatibility over here.

Sin Simma

Rich Rollin
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Just got my PS3 fat jailbroken to play ps1 and ps2 games

I had that with the Cobra USB Dongle (only jailbreakers know what that is :smugbiden:. That with a JTAG/RGH 360, and I had access to every game. Those were the days.

The PS4 not being BC, is the same as the Pro not having a 4K Blu Ray player. Sony feels like they can't justify the cost, and regardless of that, it's still the number 1 selling next-gen device in this era. PS Now is a slap in the face to every Sony fan everywhere, and I doubt they are doing the numbers they projected for that outlet.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had that with the Cobra USB Dongle (only jailbreakers know what that is :smugbiden:. That with a JTAG/RGH 360, and I had access to every game. Those were the days.

The PS4 not being BC, is the same as the Pro not having a 4K Blu Ray player. Sony feels like they can't justify the cost, and regardless of that, it's still the number 1 selling next-gen device in this era. PS Now is a slap in the face to every Sony fan everywhere, and I doubt they are doing the numbers they projected for that outlet.

Oh you had it when it cobra first came out. Now the Custom firmware has cobra coded into it where you don't need the dongle anymore. I was thinking about Jtaging my 360 :jbhmm:

Sin Simma

Rich Rollin
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Oh you had it when it cobra first came out. Now the Custom firmware has cobra coded into it where you don't need the dongle anymore. I was thinking about Jtaging my 360 :jbhmm:

Yeah I think I had that Firmware too, but it's been a minute. Had the OG for years, until I fried the GPU sigh. It was my fault too. I was pissed for months. It still in my closet.

You should RGH it, and use that to play all those 360 games for free. I would love to play Alan Wake, Bully Anniversary game, and Lost Odyssey.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Why the hell doesn't the PS4 allow BC with PS1 games at least :mindblown:

PS2 games already run on PS4 but no let's charge nikkas for older games.

PS3 I can understand since the cell was hard to code for.

Xbox shytting on PS4 in terms of BC. Phil Spencer said 50% of people play(ed) old games on Xbox One which makes sense since there's no new games coming out for the XB1 anymore. That's crazy
:mjlol:

Microsoft lost, they sell all these systems and no software :mjlol::mjlol:

They got GameStop and Best Buy making a killing off of BC but Microsoft ain't making shyt

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I just can't. Nintendo franchises are the only old games I wouldn't mind revisiting. Other than that hell naw to 3D gaming prior to last gen. I just can't fuk with PS1 or 2 games. Majority just look and feel so dated & off to me now. While Mario 3 still looks great & feel great to me, but something like Syphon Filter looks like azz and plays like azz.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I got Retroarch running mednafen for PS1 on PC and a modded slim PS2 with Swap Magic...they can do what they want :manny:

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
I was indifferent to the whole BC argument but after owning an Xbox one I see how it can be a big plus to a console. :ehh: