Sony announce that Horizon Zero Dawn has sold over 20m Copies

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Neither are the sales so why even have a sales topic to begin with. None of us profit here. We are free to talk and speculate though.

Because its nice to know a franchise we like in a genre we like is successful enough to warrant another game. Single player games being successful is always worth talking about with the way the industry is going

No one cares about comparing horizon to a 30 year old IP on another platform

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why haven't Bloodborne hit at least 10 million? It's always on sale for cheap. The argument makes it seem like people just casually picked this up solely due to the price and thus the sales is inflated. I get the argument though, @iceberg_is_on_fire . No one is talking about the total revenue made, just units sold.

Nintendo has the advantage though of being a legacy, staple brand with virtually no competition. You can't buy Zelda or Mario anywhere else but on the Switch and no big 3rd party games are eating into their sales. So in essence that's a feat nonetheless for a PS title.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

Already officially bundled in the UK. You don't bundle a game with a console that's barely in stores as it is and sells out instantly unless that game isn't moving units.

I love the games but I've also argued that the sales that this franchise has gotten is a bit fugazi.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Already officially bundled in the UK. You don't bundle a game with a console that's barely in stores as it is and sells out instantly unless that game isn't moving units.

I love the games but I've also argued that the sales that this franchise has gotten is a bit fugazi.

you can say the same for all those Nintendo joints :yeshrug:

Bundled games have counted as sales forever.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

68-110-273-V01.jpg

81G1PnB4+pL._SL1500_.jpg

817Qt5J1YcL._SX522_.jpg

Say what?

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
you can say the same for all those Nintendo joints :yeshrug:

Bundled games have counted as sales forever.

Yes, bundled games have always counted.

Nintendo doesn't discount the price of either the game or console in the process. Looking up a bundle of Mario Kart with the Switch right now at Walmart shows me it'd cost $353. 3000 for the console. 50+ for the game. There aren't any savings as it's just the game and console in a singular package.

PS5 Console Bundle with Horizon Forbidden West Spotted

Good luck actually buying it, but a new PlayStation 5 console bundle has been spotted that packages together a system with the disc drive along with a digital copy of Horizon Forbidden West. It's currently retailing for £499.85 on ShopTo, representing a roughly £20 saving over buying them separately. However, just like most PS5 Stock, the bundle is out of stock at the time of writing.

Exchange rate shows me roughly $25 saved if bought separately. Nintendo bundles just tack on the price of the games. Savings is something that Nintendo does not typically partake in. MK8 Deluxe came out over 5 years ago and they are still able to charge full price behind their bundles.

To be fair though, they are the only company capable of doing that.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just an observation but in a few years when latency is nothing streaming games will be the norm just like music. There will be no PS6 as we think of consoles now.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

This literally goes against the entire history of gaming.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
This literally goes against the entire history of gaming.

No, it doesn't. This isn't the same era as the NES or Super Nintendo. We don't get pack-ins like that.

Is the demand for the PS5 roughly the same since 2020? I would like to argue that it is. The PS5 as it currently stands does not need a game to move units. It just needs to be available. Demon's Souls and Mile Morales have been out for 18 months, no bundle. Ratchet and Clank for 11 months without a bundle. Returnal for 12 months without a bundle. Forbidden West hasn't even been out a full three months and it's already officially bundled. The PS5 needs no help to sell as demand far outstrips supply. So since the console is fine, that means something else is not.