Sony and the PS4 is holding “next gen” back the Series S is pushing us forward.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:whew: I already know where that thread title will lead us, but let’s do it……

Sony is the one still holding on to last gen. They are still releasing all their big games on PS4 and have recently said they are not done doing so. They are still manufacturing and selling PS4s. Conversely microsoft stopped selling and supporting Xbox one a while ago.

Sony is the market leader so where they go, the market goes. Devs will continue supporting PS4 until sony is done with it.

Series S only serves to push us forward faster, as faster adoption of “next gen” consoles means they can drop last gen sooner.

I know this ain’t gone sit right with some of you, but it is what it is :manny:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:whew: I already know where that thread title will lead us, but let’s do it……

Sony is the one still holding on to last gen. They are still releasing all their big games on PS4 and have recently said they are not done doing so. They are still manufacturing and selling PS4s. Conversely microsoft stopped selling and supporting Xbox one a while ago.

Sony is the market leader so where they go, the market goes. Devs will continue supporting PS4 until sony is done with it.

Series S only serves to push us forward faster, as faster adoption of “next gen” consoles means they can drop last gen sooner.

I know this ain’t gone sit right with some of you, but it is what it is :manny:
The Dual Shock 4 is holding back next gen :shaq:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They not ready for this conversation because this either means

A) the 1st party exclusives they love so much technically are being held back by a system from last generation.

B) A PlayStation 5"S" would allow for next generation games to come be pushed out quicker than trying to support a last generation system.

C) The PS4 is infact holding back current generation 1st party playstation games.

D) It really doesn't matter over all because talent devs will get the most out the systems regardless.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They not ready for this conversation because this either means

A) the 1st party exclusives they love so much technically are being held back by a system from last generation.

B) A PlayStation 5"S" would allow for next generation games to come be pushed out quicker than trying to support a last generation system.

C) The PS4 is infact holding back current generation 1st party playstation games.

D) It really doesn't matter over all because talent devs will get the most out the systems regardless.
Not gonna lie, I was NOT ready for this conversation!

Sony is fukking holding us back!

breaking-bad-jessie-pinkman.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

It also very much feels like a game built first for the PlayStation 4. The PlayStation 5 features a solid-state drive that many hoped would be the end of loading screen “masks,” essentially gameplay elements that hide when the console is loading assets for the next part of the game. In “God of War,” this often came in the form of squeezing through cracks in walls.
In the first several hours, Kratos and his son Atreus slide through several cracks in several walls at virtually every in-game location. The first disguised loading screen happens less than half an hour in. While Sony first revealed “Ragnarok” as a PS5 title, spending one hour with the game makes it loud and clear this was designed first for the PlayStation 4.”

Play PS4 Games brehs :wow:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Embarrassing. The PS4 will be phased out. The Series S won't. MS mandates its support.

Nice try though.

“As we’ve said many times, with PlayStation 5 it’s a brand new generation, and we believe in generations. So we want to evolve every part of the experience. ”

- PlayStation global marketing head Eric Lempel talks generational jumps with Geoff Keighley.

PlayStation plans to make a clear jump to the next console generation and offer many games as next-gen exclusives, an approach that’s nearly opposite to how Xbox is handling the transition to the next generation but one that highlights PlayStation’s focus on evolution for the PlayStation 5.

As PlayStation global marketing head Eric Lempel explained to Geoff Keighley during the latest Summer Games Fest video (via IGN), PlayStation sees a clear line between console generations as a necessity, and one that helps drive the development of innovative and unique games for the PlayStation 5.

“In many cases, we can’t take everybody with us from previous consoles into [a next generation experience],” Lempel tells Keighley. “You need new hardware, you need new devices to experience what these developers want you to experience.”

That nod toward PlayStation’s belief in clear generational lines seems like a slightly tongue-in-cheek comment about how Sony’s next system fundamentally differs from Microsoft’s upcoming Xbox Series X.
Literally from sony's mouth, you can't make this up, can't defend it either but here we are :francis:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's very disheartening. I had this shyt pre-ordered brehs:mjcry:
I'm sure the game is still gonna be amazing probably a all time classic, but when it comes to games being held back by old hard. This game is probably the biggest victim. :mjcry:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's hilarious is we literally went through multiple threads of people clowning MS and saying "Oh they won't start making next gen titles until 2023 ? When GOW/HORIZON ARE COMING ? lolol Have fun waiting for "Next gen" games Xbots!"

Only for us to find out that Sony adopted the same cross gen strategy as Microsoft.
lol. :pachaha:
The difference is Sony wasn't upfront about it.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I'm sure the game is still gonna be amazing probably a all time classic, but when it comes to games being held back by old hard. This game is probably the biggest victim. :mjcry:
If only they could get haptic feedback to work on the PS4 version, then they'd have to actually do something for the next gen version :ohhh:
I would be FURIOUS!!! if sony was purposely doing what I just described. I'd probably speak on it as a consumer, not turn the other cheek like some battered housebytch. You see any battered housebytches on this forum?