Sony and the PS4 is holding “next gen” back the Series S is pushing us forward.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's very disheartening. I had this shyt pre-ordered brehs:mjcry:

I'm sure the game is still gonna be amazing probably a all time classic, but when it comes to games being held back by old hard. This game is probably the biggest victim. :mjcry:
To be honest i think it’s more about the fact that sony oversold what the SSD was gonna do.

All the no load times, no elevators, no corridor transitions, etc talk was just hype.

Games still need to load, and to be honest it’s not the PS4s fault.

It’s just a culmination of a bunch of misleading marketing hype collapsing upon itself so some uncomfortable truths have to be addressed.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Lmao I just saw this thread.

Bots are down horrendous. :wow:
“It also very much feels like a game built first for the PlayStation 4. The PlayStation 5 features a solid-state drive that many hoped would be the end of loading screen “masks,” essentially gameplay elements that hide when the console is loading assets for the next part of the game. In “God of War,” this often came in the form of squeezing through cracks in walls.
In the first several hours, Kratos and his son Atreus slide through several cracks in several walls at virtually every in-game location. The first disguised loading screen happens less than half an hour in. While Sony first revealed “Ragnarok” as a PS5 title, spending one hour with the game makes it loud and clear this was designed first for the PlayStation 4.”

Horrendous indeed :wow:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
“It also very much feels like a game built first for the PlayStation 4. The PlayStation 5 features a solid-state drive that many hoped would be the end of loading screen “masks,” essentially gameplay elements that hide when the console is loading assets for the next part of the game. In “God of War,” this often came in the form of squeezing through cracks in walls.
In the first several hours, Kratos and his son Atreus slide through several cracks in several walls at virtually every in-game location. The first disguised loading screen happens less than half an hour in. While Sony first revealed “Ragnarok” as a PS5 title, spending one hour with the game makes it loud and clear this was designed first for the PlayStation 4.”

Damn you telling me I should get Scorn or Grounded instead?

:mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You know a Playstation banger is coming out with all these desperate threads stanning for Xbox :mjlol:

Series S pulling "next gen" forward? I like my Series S, but that's some desperate shyt:russ:
It’s true.

Why are we still getting so many cross gen games?

Cause enough people aren’t on “next gen” yet.

Series S being a cheap “next gen” console allows more people to transition sooner.

PS4 is the only thing making last gen relevant right now

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
It’s true.

Why are we still getting so many cross gen games?

Cause enough people aren’t on “next gen” yet.

Series S being a cheap “next gen” console allows more people to transition sooner.

PS4 is the only thing making last gen relevant right now
@CoolinInTheCut :damn:Because it applies to the PS5 as well

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

which was the point I was making in the other thread. games designed to work on ps4, therefore it has those sections to mask the loading. had it been PS5 only, them shyts woulda been unnecessary

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
which was the point I was making in the other thread. games designed to work on ps4, therefore it has those sections to mask the loading. had it been PS5 only, them shyts woulda been unnecessary
So you chose A.
A) the 1st party exclusives they love so much technically are being held back by a system from last generation.
:ehh:

But problem is, these transitions are also still in games that aren’t cross gen. :ohhh:

In reality I think they oversold the SSD. Games still need to load and devs will still find ways to hide load screens.

I chose D
D) It really doesn't matter over all because talent devs will get the most out the systems regardless.
:manny:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
giphy.gif