Sonic Mania (2D, PS4, XB1,PC, Switch, August 15th 2017, 29th for PC)

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Pretty sure that everything in this game is completely new. The sprites are completely redrawn. The sprites have way more frames than the original games.
I meant per level. Which is reaching, but I had hopes cause I prefer Sonic 3's sprite over Sonic 2s.

Ah nevermind. There's not that much difference between them after all. I still prefer Sonic 3's over Sonic Manias and the other Sonics.

1470733884-sonic-comparaison.png

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Heard that, length wise, it's going to be longer than Sonic 3 and Knuckles locked-on.

Where'd you hear that? Hope it's true though :ohlawd:

Video Cliff Notes:

Zones from Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic CD will make an appearance as remixed levels. Each act will have a boss at the end. Mirage Saloon is based off a scrapped level from Sonic CD called Desert Dazzle that Christian Whitehead dug up. Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are the only playable characters and there are no super emeralds but there is a new item to collect. The story will connect to Project Sonic 2017.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Video Cliff Notes:

Zones from Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic CD will make an appearance as remixed levels. Each act will have a boss at the end. Mirage Saloon is based off a scrapped level from Sonic CD called Desert Dazzle that Christian Whitehead dug up. Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are the only playable characters and there are no super emeralds but there is a new item to collect. The story will connect to Project Sonic 2017.

Lost levels are getting created for this new game? Will this mean we will finally get to play a proper built and designed Genocide City Zone? :ohhh: