Sonic Mania (2D, PS4, XB1,PC, Switch, August 15th 2017, 29th for PC)

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
More details coming March 16

Sega is attending South By Southwest 2017 and will announce some new details about Sonic Mania and the brand-new Sonic game during the show.

During a panel titled "Gotta Go Fast: The Official Panel of Sonic the Hedgehog," Sonic Team's Takashi Iizuka and the person behind Sonic's wacky and wonderful Twitter account will "showcase a new reveal" for Sonic Mania and the all-new, untitled Sonic game. Additionally, the developers will talk about "Sonic's resurgence in the world of gaming" (via NeoGAF), following the announcement of the new games at Comic-Con last summer.

"Of course, with Sonic involved, who knows what other surprises might be in store?" reads a line from the panel's description. Sonic voice actor Roger Craig Smith and Dr. Robotnik voice actor Mike Pollock will attend the panel as well.

The Sonic panel takes place on March 16, starting at 3 PM PT / 5 PM CT / 6 PM ET / 11 PM UK. It's not clear right now if it it will be streamed, but we'll have all the news for you as it's announced.

Sonic Mania is scheduled to come out this year for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. As for the brand-new Sonic game, almost nothing is known about this, but we do know it's coming to the same platforms and is also due out this year.
I really hope it's streamed :lupe:
Yeah that's what I figured he meant..no emeralds at all. I hope the new minigame is as addictive as there were on sonic 3
Sonic 3 and Knuckles was just GOAT all around :ohlawd:

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
this is dope. i hope more companies are like this, release games for the PC. SONIC used to be a SEGA thing. we were happy to get a sony version as well. but its about time we got PC..

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's cool and all but I think it's about time we get a release date already.
"Spring 2017" puts the latest possible date at June 20. That's 3 months away. I'm a bit worried we haven't got a concrete date yet.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It's cool and all but I think it's about time we get a release date already.
"Spring 2017" puts the latest possible date at June 20. That's 3 months away. I'm a bit worried we haven't got a concrete date yet.

There's suppose to be a Sonic event later this month so a release date will be announced there.

Im betting on a May release.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
There's suppose to be a Sonic event later this month so a release date will be announced there.

Im betting on a May release.
I see that. It's next week. We gotta get a release date for Mania there and a name and maybe date for Sonic 2017.
Really, really hoping for a physical copy with some nice cover artwork to be released on Switch. I'd pay (slightly) extra for that.

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I'm definitely getting a USB adapter for my genesis controller :wow::lawd:
I see that. It's next week. We gotta get a release date for Mania there and a name and maybe date for Sonic 2017.
Really, really hoping for a physical copy with some nice cover artwork to be released on Switch. I'd pay (slightly) extra for that.
Amazon has it listed for May 31st but not too long ago Amazon changed the date to April 25 and then back to may 31st

Doesn't confirm anything but I would imagine it would be before june :yeshrug: