Sonic Mania (2D, PS4, XB1,PC, Switch, August 15th 2017, 29th for PC)

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:
The 10 minutes given is more than enough time.
Maybe for some stages but not all like Chemical Plant Zone.
You know I'm talking about exploring the whole level, right? :snoop: fukk you getting upset over an option for?
If you can discover all that there is in each stage without the time running out before you reach the end, well good for you. Not everybody can. So why would having the option for those that want to learn it each stage without a time limit a problem?

concise

Veteran
Daps
Maybe for some stages but not all like Chemical Plant Zone.
You know I'm talking about exploring the whole level, right? :snoop: fukk you getting upset over an option for?
If you can discover all that there is in each stage without the time running out before you reach the end, well good for you. Not everybody can. So why would having the option for those that want to learn it each stage without a time limit a problem?

Your complaint doesn't make sense. It's a Sonic game, not a GTA game. It's a 2D platformer based on the sense of speed.

This is like complaining about the lack of Street Fighter-like super combos in a boxing game.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your complaint doesn't make sense. It's a Sonic game, not a GTA game. It's a 2D platformer based on the sense of speed.

This is like complaining about the lack of Street Fighter-like super combos in a boxing game.
You aren't getting it. I'm talking about learning the level without having to be restricted to a time limit. As an option. Also your comparison doesn't compare

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:dwillhuh: You guys can't be serious. It was not that hard.

It’s not about it being hard. It’s about me not enjoying manipulating time constraining mechanics that keep you in the same area and have you doing repetitive shyt just to beat the time limit instead of enjoying the stage.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I'm one of those people that'll play levels over and over again until I remember the patterns of the enemies and where I need to go (to get certain items) and what I need to skip.

Some of the levels are too fukking big and it's like :shaq2:.

I used be heavy into doin speed runs through games like sonic, Mario, megaman until I watched youtube...you know how you can listen to the music and gauge the pattern of the enemy, the level length and you know when to jump and stop, etc. I think you can get that in this game if you play it enough but some of the levels are too big for no reason.

concise

Veteran
Daps
You aren't getting it. I'm talking about learning the level without having to be restricted to a time limit. As an option. Also your comparison doesn't compare

Debug mode is an easily unlockable option. And I comparison makes perfect sense. Different games have different have objectives.

It’s not about it being hard. It’s about me not enjoying manipulating time constraining mechanics that keep you in the same area and have you doing repetitive shyt just to beat the time limit instead of enjoying the stage.
Every game has some kind of features and mechanics to keep it unique. And the time limit works opposite of what you're trying to say. Only in a game without a time limit would you be doing the same thing over and over ... because there is no rush ... no time limit.

I'm one of those people that'll play levels over and over again until I remember the patterns of the enemies and where I need to go (to get certain items) and what I need to skip.

Some of the levels are too fukking big and it's like :shaq2:.

I used be heavy into doin speed runs through games like sonic, Mario, megaman until I watched youtube...you know how you can listen to the music and gauge the pattern of the enemy, the level length and you know when to jump and stop, etc. I think you can get that in this game if you play it enough but some of the levels are too big for no reason.

Big for no reason?
Do you remember Death Egg Zone from Sonic 3K? Sandopolis? Flying Battery? Lava Reef?
The longest levels here are barely longer than those.

Do y'all even remember Metropolis Zone from Sonic 2? There isn't an act in this game compares to any act from that zone.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Big for no reason?
Do you remember Death Egg Zone from Sonic 3K? Sandopolis? Flying Battery? Lava Reef?
The longest levels here are barely longer than those.

Do y'all even remember Metropolis Zone from Sonic 2? There isn't an act in this game compares to any act from that zone.

I don't think I'm being unusual when I say sonic 2 is a certified classic. Metropolis zone is piff. Definitely explorable, well created.

I was trying to protect the dignity of the game by saying big for no reason when I couldve flat out said boring. All that running, loop De loops and jumping which led to more running, loop the loops and jumping, then finally you made it to the end. I know I used :shaq2: before. I was hoping it conveyed the point. But I guess I should be more brash. Sonic 3 levels were very explorable, you wanted to explore sonic 3 levels and you needed to in order to find all the giant rings.

I won't even talk about the knuckles cartridge and going back and exploring levels in 1/2.

Manias levels are cool. I only have beef with a couple which I define as big for no reason and even after I know where the big rings are and various powerups I've still looked around its like "yeah they gave us more level, more ground to cover" but with out objective or purpose it's worthless .

Metropolis zone in sonic 2 had what was new level design at the time and as a jit transitioning through the level the different parts may have been more or less difficult or required more or less stick control.

They could've shortened some of the levels in mania and we wouldn't have lost anything experience wise.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
How the fukk do you use that got damn squirrel :mjlol:

Overall, I'm feeling this. Encore mode does offer a fresh take on the existing levels. I honestly thought it was just a palette swap until I re-did Green Hill Zone in regular Mania mode and found it to be much simpler than Encore Mode. Loving the new special levels too. I need to Youtube the new locations of the special rings since they moved them around.... I'm on Lava Reef with only two emeralds :mjcry:

Plus Mirage Saloon Zone Act 1 got totally reworked for Encore Mode.

They cut out the plane chase/reworked the Knuckles level to accommodate everyone else plus Mighty and Ray..... and saved the train portion for last. You fight the boss on the ground just like in Knuckles level.

The original level still exists in Mania mode for those concerned.

I love/hate the life system in Encore Mode.

It's fukkin original.... your friends are your lives. Max 5 lives with one life being your friend.... for example you're playing as Mighty. If you die with him, you automatically switch to who is next in line (Knuckles, Tails, Ray and Sonic) until you are down to your last friend, then it's game over.

I hate it because you have to slowly reacquire your friends after a game over :mjlol:. Easiest way is in a Special Stage, but every once in a while I fukk it up. :dead: