Sonic Mania (2D, PS4, XB1,PC, Switch, August 15th 2017, 29th for PC)

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
My only gripe, which prob will sound dumb is that the game is developed by a fan. While obviously this means he will know how the feel of the game is, probably loves the series a ton, and will make a more enjoyable game than whatever the sonic team has been doing the last 20 years.....it still sounds like a rom hack.
But it's got Sega backing it, so it'll be far more polished then some home-brewed ROM hack.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im gonna do my best to avoid all the videos and reviews...

I was a sega genesis kid through and through, I remember what it was like to get a new sonic game, not knowing what to expect and loving all the shyt i found. I wanna see if this game gives me that same vibe.

My only gripe, which prob will sound dumb is that the game is developed by a fan. While obviously this means he will know how the feel of the game is, probably loves the series a ton, and will make a more enjoyable game than whatever the sonic team has been doing the last 20 years.....it still sounds like a rom hack.
He also made official remasters for Sonic 1, 2, and CD. No different than High Voltage developing Zone of Enders HD even though they aren't the original developers

Daps
Im gonna do my best to avoid all the videos and reviews...

I was a sega genesis kid through and through, I remember what it was like to get a new sonic game, not knowing what to expect and loving all the shyt i found. I wanna see if this game gives me that same vibe.

This is the best we're going to get. The original Sonic Team doesn't exist anymore and the current people have no idea what they're doing.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
What's the difference in the Switch and PS4 versions? Would probably prefer to get on Switch if there's no huge difference.

check youtube

Is it not zero difference?
This game was built so that it was basically emulating an HD version of Sega Saturn hardware. That doesn't sound demanding at all.