Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I hear what you're saying but I heard it for the first time last month at my job. :pachaha:

It was about some sql stuff coincidentally.
I can see in the case of database considerations, because I know I've come across the limit in MySQL or Oracle, but never in the actual code implementation has it been a discussion. Nobody is trying to write any 2ⁿ functions, but ain't nobody stepping in and asking us to implement Dijkstra's using a single register on the processor so we can get a user's management hierarchy or some shyt :skip: .

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I can see in the case of database considerations, because I know I've come across the limit in MySQL or Oracle, but never in the actual code implementation has it been a discussion. Nobody is trying to write any 2ⁿ functions, but ain't nobody stepping in and asking us to implement Dijkstra's using a single register on the processor so we can get a user's management hierarchy or some shyt :skip: .
So you're saying your employer doesn't care about your growth as an employee then? :skip:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
:skip: my employer probably wants to cut my whole org and replace them with Naps, growth be damned. They're well on their way too :mjgrin:

At least he's respectful. Imagine your employer won't let you work full WFH, but want to replace your whole department with remote American contractors. :mjcry:

Last edited:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
At least he's respectful. Imagine your employer won't let you work full WFH, but want to replace your whole department with remote contractors. :mjcry:
This the biggest irony right here.

They will also tell you boldly that working remotely (or abroad in a cheaper more scenic location) is a security threat to company data but somehow an army of panjeets with no allegiance to this country or it's laws are a more secure option? :dahell:

Foreign scammers could literally compromise everything in the company by paying any of Nap's team 10k in a lump some . PII or trade secrets stolen quicker than Scooby Snacks :wow:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Interview on Monday: Engineer will introduce a RESTful API and the data needed to be retrieved from it. You will then walk them through your solutions. Themes to focus on are primitive data types and HTTP methods. It's gonna be in Python because that's all I used to know.

Are there any good YouTube channels I should check out to review? I haven't had any coding projects at my current job.

Damn, I know this is late. But Python Flask & Request Library is the Goat.

I can't of any courses off the top of my head though.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Damn, I know this is late. But Python Flask & Request Library is the Goat.

I can't of any courses off the top of my head though.
I found a random course on using the request library that I had downloaded a long time ago. It was enough to refresh my memory.

The interview turned out to be easy. It was just grabbing some info from the Star Wars API.