Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Being able to install a linux flavor on Windows by just using WSL , is such a life saver.

I be running some commmands that dont be working on powershell , so I just hop to ubuntu/debian instead.

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I fail to see how a user story is blocked if the acceptance criteria doesn't say we have to do the integration work :skip: . This woman says an entire sprint of work can't be done solely because we can't demo the work in a particular view but knows good and well we can demo it in a different view and the functionality literally does not change.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
I fail to see how a user story is blocked if the acceptance criteria doesn't say we have to do the integration work :skip: . This woman says an entire sprint of work can't be done solely because we can't demo the work in a particular view but knows good and well we can demo it in a different view and the functionality literally does not change.
What kind of user story is it and what's the acceptance criteria? Usually if it's a spike or something we'll just tell them our findings or show off something in a lower environment if it hasn't hitting UAT or staging yet

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
What kind of user story is it and what's the acceptance criteria? Usually if it's a spike or something we'll just tell them our findings or show off something in a lower environment if it hasn't hitting UAT or staging yet
Regular old US, criteria is essentially make sure this form contains certain fields. The form can tested multiple ways but the ultimately it will only be seen a single way - after the integration. They have yet to write that user story, and even when they do, the integration spans across a bunch of data that won't exist for a while. When it does exist, the data admins are the ones who have to do the integration. So at the end of the day, we aren't on the hook for that.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
As I was kind of mentioning in the Cert Thread, Go is starting to become popular.

I need to see what the hype is about.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Just placed top 3 in my first hackathon!!! shyt was literally a movie, heavy javascript, css, and html, so a nice website with some machine learning in there as well. Went in with no expectations, coming into learn, didn't even join up with a team until about an hour or two before hacking began. Couldn't ask for much more for my first one, definitely going on the resume:ehh: