Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Daps
Brehs I got a call from a recruiter today about a job and it sounded like the most boring shyt. I knew I would hate that shyt and my current job is going great and I'm working with good people. I really feel like you gotta like the product you are working on and be interested in it or you'll burnout or hate logging in to work. Whether the pay good or not

Pass the opportunity along to one of the jobless brehs in this thread :what: what you doing slime :what: boring money is better than no money

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I really feel like you gotta like the product you are working on and be interested in it or you'll burnout or hate logging in to work. Whether the pay good or not
That's essentially where I'm at. Couldn't give a shyt about the project, the technology isn't interesting, and all the challenge is in solving bad project management. Pay is reasonable although not what I want. Company makes shyt decisions but is not inherently bad. Most of my coworkers ain't too bad even. I just don't enjoy the work though.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Pass the opportunity along to one of the jobless brehs in this thread :what: what you doing slime :what: boring money is better than no money
My guy was I expected to be thinking about thecoli during a business call and go "oh here ya know what I think Neo The Resurrected ONE on thecoli would be a good fit for this job"?

:francis:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
That's essentially where I'm at. Couldn't give a shyt about the project, the technology isn't interesting, and all the challenge is in solving bad project management. Pay is reasonable although not what I want. Company makes shyt decisions but is not inherently bad. Most of my coworkers ain't too bad even. I just don't enjoy the work though.
I know that feeling. That's when the discontent and doing the bare minimum starts poppin up. Especially when you are no linger driven by being in your ideal payrange

Daps
I was feeling a little imposter syndrome these last couple of days and I had to remind myself who the eff I am. :wow:

Gave myself that speech that Rocky gave Adonis in Creed 1 :wow:

"They don't know what you been through... and they sure as hell don't know what WE been through".

Had to remind myself that I made the decision in 2021 that I wanted to do this, and 2 short years later, I made it. No matter what happens, I made up my mind, focused, studied, sacrificed, struggled to get here. So many folks around me gave up but I didn't and kept going. :wow:

So many folks around me who studied and still didn't get the position that they wanted. But I made it. I'm here. :wow:

It's time to show up and show out. :wow: