Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Officially accepted the offer. I was prepared to accept less money to go to where I wanted, but luckily they turned me down. Onward and upward. These nikkas at my current job planned for me to work with a tool that they don't even support for a client.... Naaaah bruh, i'm out✌️

Daps
It's tough. If you like black women only and you're looking for an engineer that's a 7 or above and ISN'T wifed already. It's gonna be tough. There's a bit more black women in other roles liek product owner, or scrum master tho. Still not a bunch.
I will say one thing about having a black women in tech as your significant other. It is very nice having someone who you can talk to who understands both your work and life difficulties.

The bolded sounds wonderful honestly. Even if she ain't in the same exact discipline I'm in, I would like for her to have an idea of what I'm doing and vice versa.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
It's tough. If you like black women only and you're looking for an engineer that's a 7 or above and ISN'T wifed already. It's gonna be tough. There's a bit more black women in other roles liek product owner, or scrum master tho. Still not a bunch.
I will say one thing about having a black women in tech as your significant other. It is very nice having someone who you can talk to who understands both your work and life difficulties.
Interesting. I've actually be interested in black women that are not in the software industry. I'd actually prefer women that aren't engineers. Lawyers, nurses, and doctors are kind of what I was thinking of. Since engineering people are kind of socially weird, I figured 2 engineering parents might not be the best in case my child somehow winds up different than us.

Daps
Interesting. I've actually be interested in black women that are not in the software industry. I'd actually prefer women that aren't engineers. Lawyers, nurses, and doctors are kind of what I was thinking of. Since engineering people are kind of socially weird, I figured 2 engineering parents might not be the best in case my child somehow winds up different than us.

:jbhmm: I can see your point. I find myself torn between wanting a woman who is formidable and on my level, or a woman who just loves me and wants to stay home and raise my babies and pamper me after a long day of work :ahh:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Brehs where should I start with studying DS&A? I'm ready to start applying for jobs. Please drop any links or resources.
I'd say hold off on DS & A but focus on React or whatever frontend framework. Once you get in the door, then you can really go harder with DS&A. I just feel that to get solid at DS&A to where you can actually get jobs based off of that will take months.

Daps
I'd say hold off on DS & A but focus on React or whatever frontend framework. Once you get in the door, then you can really go harder with DS&A. I just feel that to get solid at DS&A to where you can actually get jobs based off of that will take months.

Understood. Thank you bro.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Brehs where should I start with studying DS&A? I'm ready to start applying for jobs. Please drop any links or resources.
A couple of pages back either you or someone else asked the same question and I replied with all the good resources I used to get comfortable with such topics. You can go back and find that post.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Kind of a crazy question to ask, but what ya'll think is the next wave? Right now everything is web/A.I. and Javascript (basically anything with a web browser or an interface to the web is using Javascript). I'm trying to imagine what the next meta/interface is going to be (probably a trillion dollar question tbh).
web 3
interfacing with a block chain

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
GitHub and GitLab use it heavy so I don't think it'll go away.
yea I agree
but at one point it had the same status as node js

speaking of which I think that's gonna get left behind too

dynamically typed and single threading just won't cut it for an enterprise backend

what I think is the future of web dev:
next js withtypescript, golang, .Net core with react/vue

Last edited:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
yea I agree
but at one point it had the same status as node js

speaking of which I think that's gonna get left behind too

dynamically typed and single threading just won't cut it for an enterprise backend

what I think is the future of web dev:
next js withtypescript, golang, .Net core with react/vue
Agreed the way the market looks now you can have competitive skillset for years if you learn to use a few of those. All these new apps will be legacy apps eventually when the new cutting edge stuff becomes mainstream.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Agreed the way the market looks now you can have competitive skillset for years if you learn to use a few of those. All these new apps will be legacy apps eventually when the new cutting edge stuff becomes mainstream.
I'm going to have to be "forced" into Golang because I couldn't find the motivation to pick it up on my own .