Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
(shaking my head)
This idiot is complaining about a high paying job where he doesn't do anything

This shyt makes my blood boil. I'd fukking kill to be in his position. Being a professional software engineer is a very stressful and intensive job. Your brain has to be operating at its best everyday you come into work. Some folks OD on coffee just to be able to function optimally day in and day out. My college professor repeatedly warned us that we'd get burnt out only after a couple of years in the field. Having a well paid job without the stress is paradise to me. Seems like a bizarre thing to complain about.

Just spent all morning making this: pikadadon/KBulletin

Basic CRUD with Spring Boot backend and VueJS frontend.

What's fukking hilarious is that the hardest part of this project was the frontend. I didn't work with CSS directly as I used Vuetify (which in turn uses bootstrap underneath). It was a struggle trying to get things exactly how you wanted it to look. Backend is preferred.

Nice job on the flappy bird.

Can you recommend any good resources for learning Spring Boot and a front end framework?

Thanks. Did you get it to run?

Spring Boot playlist (He's an Indian guy but he explains things thoroughly)

VueJs playlist (net ninja)

React playlist (net ninja)

Any of yall with a 4 year compsci degree tired of your current spot and want to get put on? send PM

Put on what exactly?

Last edited:

dterpsss

SOHH OG Class 2004
Daps
Reppin
Home of the terrapins
(shaking my head)

This shyt makes my blood boil. I'd fukking kill to be in his position. Being a professional software engineer is a very stressful and intensive job. Your brain has to be operating at its best everyday you come into work. Some folks OD on coffee just to be able to function optimally day in and day out. My college professor repeatedly warned us that we'd get burnt out only after a couple of years in the field. Having a well paid job without the stress is paradise to me. Seems like a bizarre thing to complain about.

What's fukking hilarious is that the hardest part of this project was the frontend. I didn't work with CSS directly as I used Vuetify (which in turn uses bootstrap underneath). It was a struggle trying to get things exactly how you wanted it to look. Backend is preferred.

Put on what exactly?

Maybe decent pay job where you do nothing

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
My Java professor said not to use Quora or Stackoverflow for help :mjlol:. I am using every god damn source I can :yeshrug:. Some people know how to explain shyt better than others. I learn quickly seeing shyt from different perspective. The audacity of this professor.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
My Java professor said not to use Quora or Stackoverflow for help :mjlol:. I am using every god damn source I can :yeshrug:. Some people know how to explain shyt better than others. I learn quickly seeing shyt from different perspective. The audacity of this professor.
Your professor needs their ass beat for that. Me and my guys use answers off of stack overflow for guidance nearly everyday.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Fellas,

Not necessarily programming but does anyone have any links for a crash course in SQL? I have an interview coming up and I need to do as much prep as possible.

Lord willing, If I could nail this job then we talking over 60% increase in pay.

Side note: There have been some dudes eating in this IT field since the early 2010’s :wow:
found this site/tutorial pretty straightforward and to the point
SQLBolt - Learn SQL - Introduction to SQL

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Your professor needs their ass beat for that. Me and my guys use answers off of stack overflow for guidance nearly everyday.

Its against course policy but I don't care lol. I will be using to further my understanding of the material..not to get answers for class.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
If you create a GitLab account and push to private repositories it'll still show that information but not what you committed. So if you wanted to inflate your commit activity you technically could push garbage to a repo and act like you're doing the damn thing
giphy.gif

Double J

Banned
Daps
(shaking my head)

Put on what exactly?
No I use IntelliJ everyday but I can't seem to get this to run. A little help?