Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone can recommend a course for sql
My sql rusty, and I want to improve my joins and nested query

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've been having a hard time in this bootcamp. Feel like I'm behind.

We've covered dom manipulation with Javascript.
Also map, reduce, and filter.

We're working on this an assignment where you have to assign key presses to 2 squares in order to make them race across the screen. And I don't understand how to implement the javascript. shyt is terrible or maybe I am. I dunno anymore.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

We're working on this an assignment where you have to assign key presses to 2 squares in order to make them race across the screen. And I don't understand how to implement the javascript. shyt is terrible or maybe I am. I dunno anymore.
Before trying to implement the code syntax, think about the outcome that you are targeting. Then ask logically what is going on behind the scenes in order to achieve that. The code is always the last step in the process.

So ask, "What is really happening for the squares to 'race' across the screen?" Then think about some code for that.
Ask, "What really happens when I 'press a key'?" What type of event is really going on? Then think of some code that could handle that.
Then consider how those two aspects relate to one another. How to sequentially relate them one to another.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Sele

Select each square via queryselector and attach a keyboard eventlistener. You can use a css class transition for animation

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I have a technical phone screen today - at least I think it's technical. I haven't done any real preparation for it to be honest, but since it's basically an entry level position I can't think of anything difficult that I'd be asked. I have another one tomorrow with a different company, one that I actually want to work for if they place me in the area I want to be in. Either way if someone extends an offer there's a 90% chance I'm gonna take it. This purgatory between graduation and employment stops being fun after about a month.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Sometimes it can take a month or two before anything comes up on the job front. Not fun, but it's the way it is.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I've just started a book on Android development. Pretty interesting so far. Will definitely feel great to have Java under my belt.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Sometimes it can take a month or two before anything comes up on the job front. Not fun, but it's the way it is.
Things seem to happen in waves. My first wave happened about 2 weeks after graduation, my second wave is happening now. In between that was a lot of
A5Evp.gif

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Things seem to happen in waves. My first wave happened about 2 weeks after graduation, my second wave is happening now. In between that was a lot of
A5Evp.gif

Yep, everything happens in waves. For a month, it'll be nothing, and then like 5 recruiters will hit you up.