Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Daps
Some serious gamedev going on right here (not mine):

attachment.php

:dwillhuh::dwillhuh:

just looking at this almost made me cum :noah:

the GOAT workstation :banderas:

i gotta show my boss this :ooh:

productivity through the roof :ohlawd:

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I haven't posted much in here, but this thread has been a constant source of inspiration for me. It's taken me almost two years after the setbacks I had with grad school (it's a long story), but I accepted an offer as an iOS software engineering intern position yesterday. And I'd have to do terribly to not be offered a full-time position a few months down the line.

I don't even think it's fully set in yet, but I'm excited to be professionally doing what I've been doing both in school and in my spare time for the past four years.

Daps
I haven't posted much in here, but this thread has been a constant source of inspiration for me. It's taken me almost two years after the setbacks I had with grad school (it's a long story), but I accepted an offer as an iOS software engineering intern position yesterday. And I'd have to do terribly to not be offered a full-time position a few months down the line.

I don't even think it's fully set in yet, but I'm excited to be professionally doing what I've been doing both in school and in my spare time for the past four years.

congrats my man!! :salute:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

Congrats Breh and don't be afraid to chanllenge more experience developers

Last edited:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My epic return to programming was short lived. You guys here convinced me that my ways are obsolete (c++, fukking with low level apis). I'm currently learning Blender and Unity 5 following along lynda.com tutorials. But the guy doing the Blender tutorials is boring as fukk. Almost fell asleep during 1 video. Years ago I used lynda.com to learn 3ds max and became really competent with it. Now I'm on Linux and refuse to go back to that spy tool they call Windows. Might fukk with the udemy tutorials instead since they seem way more extensive and interesting: Learn 3D Modelling - The Complete Blender Creator Course

Edit: Aw fukk. The udemy instructors are British. Will be difficult to understand wtf they're saying....fukk!!

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
congrats my man!! :salute:

Congrats Breh and don't be afraid to chanllege more experience developers

Thanks brehs! :salute:

Not gonna lie, this is something that has me slightly nervous. But I will say while the job I'm leaving was basically a dead end career-wise, it did teach me how to give and take constructive feedback, so hopefully I'll be fine with challenging more experienced developers when necessary.

Daps
My epic return to programming was short lived. You guys here convinced me that my ways are obsolete (c++, fukking with low level apis).

It's always a tough transition. I know older devs who are good and smart but really set in their ways so it's hard for them to adapt to new, better and often easier ways of doing things.

I recently moved to using IntelliJ as my go-to Java IDE vs Eclipse and I'm so glad I made the transition even though it was hard to convinnce myself initially. Eclipse is straight garbage. So many man hours lost trying to tame that beast and get it to work.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

I did this two months ago, I think before you asked. I wanted to post something original just got side tracked.
I tried to duplicate the tribute page that was already posted without looking at the code. i think I got pretty close. Not perfect.

Iratemastermind on CodePen

I'm just getting back into this. i thought i'd be adding a cert in the field I'm already in but decided to postpone it. I might try to do both. It's hard to be motivated doing this. I feel like I'm flying blind. And i'm probably going to be taking a pay cut. If I do any more codepens i'll add them to the thread.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
My epic return to programming was short lived. You guys here convinced me that my ways are obsolete (c++, fukking with low level apis). I'm currently learning Blender and Unity 5 following along lynda.com tutorials. But the guy doing the Blender tutorials is boring as fukk. Almost fell asleep during 1 video. Years ago I used lynda.com to learn 3ds max and became really competent with it. Now I'm on Linux and refuse to go back to that spy tool they call Windows. Might fukk with the udemy tutorials instead since they seem way more extensive and interesting: Learn 3D Modelling - The Complete Blender Creator Course

Edit: Aw fukk. The udemy instructors are British. Will be difficult to understand wtf they're saying....fukk!!
Turn on the closed captions

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really prefer trying to learn/use the unreal engine (since that's grown man shyt) but my computer can't run the editor. My video card is the bottleneck. Might have to stick with unity though. Still learning blender.