So you buy an M.2 SSD device that meets standard but there is no guarantee it will work

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Flight Simulator is out and you guys still have to make fake concern threads. :mjlol:

Any reasonable person can read and understand what's being presented here in those dumb fanboy tweets is misleading bullshyt.

Breh, Sony's official docs will confuse people. I wasn't on board with Microsoft's proprietary solutions as I don't have one but this is not bright. It gets more technical than it needs to be. What did most of us do with our ps4? Just plug it into the USB drive and it was on and popping. Don't open up opportunities for people to mess up their console. That is what Sony has done. Someone will fubar their PS5 soon.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Breh, Sony's official docs will confuse people. I wasn't on board with Microsoft's proprietary solutions as I don't have one but this is not bright. It gets more technical than it needs to be. What did most of us do with our ps4? Just plug it into the USB drive and it was on and popping. Don't open up opportunities for people to mess up their console. That is what Sony has done. Someone will fubar their PS5 soon.
Did you look at the docs? This is as simple as removing a panel and slotting something it. You're not even exposing the system internals.

N4y8JVh.jpg

A casual can do this with no problem. The SSDs all come with heatsinks too so you wouldn't have to add one yourself. That's just there for power users likely with spare drives lying around that could be used. The dude in the OP is misleading people.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Did you look at the docs? This is as simple as removing a panel and slotting something it. You're not even exposing the system internals.

N4y8JVh.jpg

A casual can do this with no problem. The SSDs all come with heatsinks too so you wouldn't have to add one yourself. That's just there for power users likely with spare drives lying around that could be used. The dude in the OP is misleading people.

I get what you are saying, it's not hard, to the people of this forum and in general, it's not. That said, if you've played 'tech guy' for anyone, especially family, you will never stop being surprised by the questions that are asked of you that could be solved with a simple Google search or YouTube viewing. Most people are just scared to mess things up.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Pretty typical X company can't vouch for 3rd party product quality with relation to performance. The bigger crime here is Sony not offering a solution themselves (as far as I know).
That’s what I’m wondering. Why don’t they offer a solution that’s simply plug and play themselves?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That’s what I’m wondering. Why don’t they offer a solution that’s simply plug and play themselves?
Any plug and play solution would be too slow.

It's crazy to me to see people arguing for more proprietary solutions over open solutions.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I get what you are saying, it's not hard, to the people of this forum and in general, it's not. That said, if you've played 'tech guy' for anyone, especially family, you will never stop being surprised by the questions that are asked of you that could be solved with a simple Google search or YouTube viewing. Most people are just scared to mess things up.
Most those people don’t really care about buying more HD space anyway

I don’t even care about it tbh by the time I prob will start to care a pro model will be out with 2tb