So yall wont blame teachers for the state of black children?Then why blame politicians for the state of black adults

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
We can blame the parents all we want, but there are plenty of Coli brehs who will jump in threads and holler about how, "school isn't for everybody." Is it Oochie Wally or One Mic?

Point is... we as a group need to value education and instill that value in our children. fukk the mentality of, "School ain't for everybody," because yes it is. Especially for the kids.

Daps
How is it the politicians fault that black women in poor cities purposely go out of their way to choose to have kids with the lowest of low?
And Don’t give me that no good black men excuse. There’s bus drivers, construction workers, truck drivers, and other skilled laborers in the hood.
Mail carriers, garbage men, retail and fast food management, motor vehicle and municipal workers too

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Speaking of parenting.

Police: Miami mom gave gun to son; he shot 2 at Brownsville park​

Accused gunman, 15, charged as adult in Brownsville double shooting, joining mother in jail​

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:francis: . I blame school conditions. I attended a public school within inner Atlanta and …

Yeah.:francis:. Until funding improves I’m not holding out any hope.

Bruh APS has some of the best buildings in the state..while I agree funding can be better, I don’t put much stock into that. Mays, North Atlanta, Doug, Jackson, & most other APS schools have the newest tech.

Kids just don’t care about school & come there to cause ruckus. Morrow High School in clay co is one of the most well funded & up to date high schools in the state..it’s right up there with North Atlanta HS, but kids at Morrow still be on that BS. Someone got stabbed there last year & just this week someone threatened to shoot another kid at the school, causing a lot of parents to keep their kids home for a few days.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
What do you want the government to do, provide parenting, morals, and life skills courses?

The curriculum is the curriculum. If the kids aren’t paying attention, and aren’t studying, what is the government going to do?
Subordination.
They want to be subordinated.
I think infantilization and irresponsibility is getting the best of people.
Late stage capitalism or the contemporary failings of the aspiring bourgeoisie?
Social corporatism about to have its way.
:francis:

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
I don't blame the teachers directly as they are just working with what they have in front of them.

I do however blame the federal and local/state governments for not providing adequate resources and benefits needed to supplement the teachers with the tools needed to properly teach their students.

We all know local state governments tend to underfund public schools that are particularly in Black, Hispanic, minority, etc. predominant neighborhoods/districts while the white suburban public schools get a majority of the funds. That's what happens here in Upstate NY although it's gotten slightly better and has helped improve the graduation rates by a huge margin.

It's not the parent's fault either because there's only so much parents can do to teach their children during afterhours and just like the teachers, a lot of parents don't have the necessary resources either. We have to stop thinking every parent has the means and/or the tools to partially homeschool their kids while on top of that some of these parents are not well versed either, y'all make it sound easy when it's not that simple.

I as a mother myself can attest to that.

My little cuz is a 2nd-grade teacher and has been for two years before that she taught middle school students for a year. School starts in a few weeks here in Syracuse, and she's already buying school supplies, and whatnot for her students. She tells me how sometimes the state and local government have left them to fend for themselves in regards to providing their students with the proper tools to teach them, it was harder teaching the middle school students because of the lack of necessities.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
I humbly apologize for holding Democrats accountable for not doing anything for black people. We havent done enough collectively to even begin to ask for tangibles and to question politicians apparently. Its gotta be the culture and the parenting. Politicians bare no responsibility,unless the home environments are in perfect order. If your failing in life,your parents didnt give a damn. Why should the Democrats:respect:?
Power comes from the top down… grass roots aren’t as effective and powerful—gotta get some money

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Government is supposed to ensure that resources are distributed to those who need them the most. If you're anti abortion and anti sex education, you cannot ALSO be anti-government spending for social programs. The two positions are not ideologically complementary unless you're mentally disabled or actually evil and want as many poorly raised and educated teenagers and adults running around as possible causing mayhem, sleeping on the streets and filling prisons(our current status quo that is going to get worse if we don't emulate civilized countries that don't have these problems on the scale that exists here)

Parents who are low income should have access to child care, access to jobs that keep up with the cost of living as a result of government raising the minimum wage, subsidized education so they can sharpen their skills and earn higher wages with better jobs, and public transportation/reasonable zoning rules that change the city to one suited for people instead of cars.

There are people who oppose all of that, thereby setting parents up for failure and causing 90% of the problems we deal with today. The reason we have a lot of problems is due to adults who weren't raised right as children. Their parents were either obscenely wealthy and stupid which lead to the children being spoiled and turned into entitled and needlessly hostile adults, or they were poor and stupid and weren't prepared for the responsibility of raising a child so they controlled their children through authoritarian abuse or just neglected them and let the streets raise them.

The antidote to this problem is expanded education AND government investment in social programs which includes health care. A lot of these people who end up in jail early in life actually might have learning or developmental disabilities that are undiagnosed because surprise surprise, money isn't being spent on a public option for health care and cheaper school which leads to more people going to college and university to study medicine.

Children should be learning critical thinking skills, the scientific method, history, and health including how to communicate in a healthy way and how to recognize and address mental illness. Instead they're being taught propaganda and bullshyt. People who live in countries where the average city is walkable, they can access a doctor with ease, have been taught about safe sex and how to avoid unplanned pregnancy, are aware of what mental health is and how to seek help(which is also easily accessible) and have the financial means to support themselves through reasonable wages and accessible subsidized housing do not have these problems. They look at America with confusion and frustration because how can the richest country on Earth have worse Healthcare outcomes than a developing country like Cuba? How can some of the poorest European countries have less of a homeless problem than America?

Sometimes I think of America as an idiot that won the lottery but continues to lie to himself about how smart and great he is. He has functionally an unlimited amount of money but spends it in the absolute dumbest ways he can, if he spends it at all. Like many lottery winners he'll somehow find a way to end up back where he started or worse.

Last edited:

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
imagine being an adult and needing a politician to guide you in life

^this type of thinking is exclusively American and why I’m dipping from the country , we elect these nikkas give ‘em millions upon millions and asking them to improve conditions mean we need our hand held.

America is a bizarro world Fr

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
I don't blame the teachers directly as they are just working with what they have in front of them.

I do however blame the federal and local/state governments for not providing adequate resources and benefits needed to supplement the teachers with the tools needed to properly teach their students.

We all know local state governments tend to underfund public schools that are particularly in Black, Hispanic, minority, etc. predominant neighborhoods/districts while the white suburban public schools get a majority of the funds. That's what happens here in Upstate NY although it's gotten slightly better and has helped improve the graduation rates by a huge margin.

It's not the parent's fault either because there's only so much parents can do to teach their children during afterhours and just like the teachers, a lot of parents don't have the necessary resources either. We have to stop thinking every parent has the means and/or the tools to partially homeschool their kids while on top of that some of these parents are not well versed either, y'all make it sound easy when it's not that simple.

I as a mother myself can attest to that.

My little cuz is a 2nd-grade teacher and has been for two years before that she taught middle school students for a year. School starts in a few weeks here in Syracuse, and she's already buying school supplies, and whatnot for her students. She tells me how sometimes the state and local government have left them to fend for themselves in regards to providing their students with the proper tools to teach them, it was harder teaching the middle school students because of the lack of necessities.
What resources do parents need to instill a hard working mindset? Take an interest in what your kid is doing at school, invest time in them personally, and set a good example as an adult. You don't need a Harvard degree for that, but what you do need is to sacrifice browsing tiktok and netflix for hours.

That's the hard part for everyone, sacrifice. Everybody wants to come home from work and relax, and the easy thing to do is chill out in front of the tv or game and let your kid do whatever. The hard part is coming home from that long day and asking about the homework, helping them do it, all while sacrificing those precious hours of freedom.

Every school is not created equal, but the students that usually ended up the best off had parents that were on their asses about grades, and they themselves weren't the class clowns, and took things seriously. I went to a poor as fukk school in bumfuk nowhere. Some of us stayed broke, some middle class, and a few got scholarships and went on to high paying careers. It always, always starts at home, and if we want to teach our kids that they have to work hard no matter the excuse, we have to be that example.

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
I mean the government could help provide resources to help solve the problem. A lot of those parents are a product of the environment around them and the government could help solve some of those issues. It'd be naive to assume that they can't.
What are the problems, and what do you think the government should do to fix them?

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
^this type of thinking is exclusively American and why I’m dipping from the country , we elect these nikkas give ‘em millions upon millions and asking them to improve conditions mean we need our hand held.

America is a bizarro world Fr
what does this have to do with the thread topic?

violent crime and people having children early is the fault of a politician?

as someone thats has traveled abroad his whole life I can tell you this isnt an American thing...
we get away with way more than what other countries will tolerate

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
Teachers are underpaid and overworked the vast majority are good people just trying to help educate the kids, blame the government for lack of adequate
resources and the lack of two parent upbringing, its not just one factor