So who will hold the crown next gen?

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
It's been a great run this Gen for @TeamXbox. Even the 3cepts have admitted defeat
You really are trying to hard. WHy play on inferior hardware just for xbox live. This is a new gen and Top tier console is reclaiming its crown.
So we already heard from Mr.Somebody saying ps4 will reclaim what they lost this gen :win:
I don't agree tho. I feel that since the Xbox has this gen sown up, it's Xbox's to lose
Knack, even being the game changer that it is. I'm not ready to concede the Crown til Sony actually delivers.
So I'll say Xbox should continue holding the crown it is currently still holding, ask Mr.Somebody if you not sure :myman:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
What a waste of a thread. I guess the xbox conference news wasnt stirring up enough interest. :skip:

The crown was lost because the sales were so split down the middle. Sony still created the best games this gen but to be crowned king, someone needs to get knocked out the park, in my opinion and neither company was knocked out. Hopefully Microsoft gets knocked out the park this gen so gaming can have a definitive ruler, Playstation, 4. :whoo:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
This has been the discussion of 20 threads in the past month......and still we don't even have enough info on the next gen to argue about this. Why was this thread even made?

Sent from The Bushes using Tapatalk 2

sm0ke

Lin Kuei
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
"To the British, I'm Gandhi/
To PlayStation owners, I'm Courtdog posting Xbox threads on the Coli"

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
ps3

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJr4BqJv81s[/ame]

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
its hard to tell. i cant pretend sony didnt just get up there and feed us a bunch of womp womp...everything open-ended trying to bait MS. we really wont have a good idea until theyre out

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
:usure:

Ian Livingstone talks next-gen; hints at always-on, used game-blocking Xbox | India games industry news | MCV India

everything leaked about the ps4 ended up being true except the memory being doubled (which was done recently).

have we got a clear answer about PS4 used game blocking? does remote play work? what does the ps4 look like? how can i play the psn games i already bought?

sony confirmed the rumors and showed the ds4. outside of that they told us nothing

you know im down for sony all day long but i know bs when i see it

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
have we got a clear answer about PS4 used game blocking? does remote play work? what does the ps4 look like? how can i play the psn games i already bought?

sony confirmed the rumors and showed the ds4. outside of that they told us nothing

you know im down for sony all day long but i know bs when i see it

Online activation codes are here to stay on the Sony side if you buy used. It was only for online multiplayer this gen, but I wouldn't doubt it being for used games period this upcoming gen.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
The crown in terms of what? US Sales? Worldwide sales? Best exclusive games? Best timed exclusives or similar perks? Best downloadables? Best versions of 3rd party games? Best infrastructure?

The interesting thing is I don't think you guys agree to the answers to those questions for the current gen so it's not like the answers for next gen are going to be any sort of surprise. Anyway, for me:

US Sales - XBox will win again

WW Sales - PS4 will probably will even beat out Wii U and be #1 next gen

Best exclusives - 3rd party exclusives basically don't exist anymore so this is down to 1st party stable. If MS can have significantly more than Kinect games and shooters, my interest will be rekindled.

Best timed exclusives or similar exclusive perks - This is MS's bread and butter I think. They'll continue to have COD DLC first.

Best downloadables - This has been a tie for me. I think both will continue investing in publishing these low risk games.

Best versions of 3rd party games - Right now all signs point to PS4 having the edge and being easier to develop for. From that, it would seem that PS4 will have better versions of multiplats but who knows. Maybe XBox still has some surprises up their sleeves.

Best infrastructure - Another tough one. I like the strides that Sony claims to be making but this is MS's kingdom too. Will Sony stay free? What does MS have in store for XBL?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's gonna be interesting. So far I'm more excited about some of the features I've been hearing about on the Xbox side. If they can really pull off the "only entertainment device in the living room" idea that would be :ahh:

Realistically I'll probably end up with both consoles, but it will be interesting to see which one convinces me to give them my money this Christmas.