So who should Will Ospreay sign with?

Who should Ospreay sign with?

• Total voters

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

This should have sealed the deal. Snowman gave him this moment in his home country when he wasn't even signed to the company (though they fukked up by not having him vs Omega in a title vs career match for the NJPW US Title)

Why would they have done a career vs. title match when neither one of them is retiring?

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I agree he should go to WWE…..

But after seeing how Ricochet ended up maybe not. :patrice:
Osperay is taller, more muscular and can cut a promo, its no question he'll be top dog status
and Osperay is gonna obviously tone his style down
the Hidden Blade has to be his main finisher

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
WWE! He better take a good look at how AEW has handled Switchblade.

Switchblade hasn't been pinned or has submitted to anyone yet since arriving in AEW and has been made to look pretty strong. For that matter Ospreay hasn't been pinned or submitted in AEW either, I think in the tag matches that he's been a part of that they've lost it's been Kyle Fletcher eating pins.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I’m not understanding Ricochet being used as a comparison and example. Richochet has been lost in the shuffle, but every promotion got people lost in the shuffle, especially AEW lol.

TK would push him to the moon though. But like I said earlier, Ospreay has already wrestled everyone on AEW lol. Besides MJF and Edge, TK can’t even do a dream match name drop because Ospreay has 10000 matches with everyone else and he’s already been on AEW lol.

If he wants that blank check go to AEW, but he would still get paid decent at WWE and would have so many matchups… Seth, AJ, Drew, Sami, KO, Roman, Orton, Jey, Logan Paul etc.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
WWE! He better take a good look at how AEW has handled Switchblade.
What?

Switchblade is...
  • Set to main event the next PPV
  • Wrestle for the AEW title
  • Consistently getting TV time just about every week on Dyanmite and/or Collision to wrestle or have promos (either live or pretaped) since Collision started in June
  • Is the leader of the most popular faction in the company (based on merch sales and crowd reactions) that also consistently sees promo and in-ring time every single week
  • Pairing him with Juice and the Gunns has elevated them to the point where people actually like seeing them on TV as opposed to wanting to change the channel
  • Had what many are saying is the tag team match of the year vs. FTR
  • Has never been pinned/submitted since joining AEW
  • Pinned MJF in an 8-man tag match
  • Has either singles or tag wins over MJF, the Acclaimed, Hangman, Penta, Andrade, FTR, Young Bucks, Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi, CM Punk, and Ricky Starks
And Switchblade's handling is why someone should choose WWE over AEW?

I'm going to need you to explain this one because to me this seems like one of the worst possible examples you could have come up with.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Lol @ the results.

What logical reason is there for him to go to the WWE?

The only reason would be if he grew up a WWE mark, which he wasnt.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
If he wants that blank check go to AEW, but he would still get paid decent at WWE and would have so many matchups… Seth, AJ, Drew, Sami, KO, Roman, Orton, Jey, Logan Paul etc.

that's a weak ass list. 😆

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
AEW. Be a big fish in a small pond. WWE is sink or swim and there’s mad people he’d have to move ahead of as far as mainstream recognizability. He could flop over there to be brutally honest.

AEW is more of the same. Comfortable for a nikka like him

jow is AEW a small pond when their roster is superior to the WWE's?

Mainstream recognizability? WWE wrestlers are not mainstream this is not 1989 or 1999. The only thing mainstream is the WWE name. Lol.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
jow is AEW a small pond when their roster is superior to the WWE's?

Mainstream recognizability? WWE wrestlers are not mainstream this is not 1989 or 1999. The only thing mainstream is the WWE name. Lol.

lol…

I’m not talking about the quality of the talent my brother..

If you don’t recognize that working for WWE gives you a much wider reach than working for AEW, I don’t know what to tell you. WWE is a much larger pond. Austin fukking Theory has a larger following than AEW’s current world champion across all socials and was apart of a segment watched by like 150 million people… and Theory is in absolutely no way the performer MJF is.. the point is, that’s the type of stage WWE presents, which makes it a larger pond..

But anyway, what I’m really saying is Ospreay could walk into AEW and immediately be handed PPV main events and a solid spot similar to how Jay White has. That’s just simply isn’t the case in WWE. Who would he be placed ahead of over there? He could end up in NXT wrestling Baron Corbin and Dijak which is a disappointment in my eyes.

All I’m saying is AEW is the safer bet and there’s less pressure to succeed over there for a guy like him. He’s not walking into WWE and immediately being thrown into a Cody, Jey, Seth, Knight, Drew, Roman etc. position. Not happening.. but he could show up in AEW and immediately be a world title contender/PPV main eventer

Last edited: