So whats the verdict on Kingdom hearts?

Hostile

All Star
Daps
:why:

it's not. 2 is the best game of the series
Not when it came out it wasn't. Those who skipped Chain of Memories didn't know what the hell was going on. It was easier than KH1. The Disney worlds were irrelevant. Kairi gets kidnapped again :snoop: This is the game that made everyone think Sora and Riku were :wrist:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Not when it came out it wasn't. Those who skipped Chain of Memories didn't know what the hell was going on. It was easier than KH1. The Disney worlds were irrelevant. Kairi gets kidnapped again :snoop: This is the game that made everyone think Sora and Riku were :wrist:
no one was gassing up COM like that
COM was like breadsticks
I remember because I only got it because the gba version was on sale but i was pretty indifferent to it
then i got the 3d version and couldn't even finish it because I was bored of the card game portion
2 upgraded the gameplay and mastered it.
I guess if you're focused on the story then maybe you can hate 2 but I've never been a fan of the story anyway

Hostile

All Star
Daps
no one was gassing up COM like that
COM was like breadsticks
I remember because I only got it because the gba version was on sale but i was pretty indifferent to it
then i got the 3d version and couldn't even finish it because I was bored of the card game portion
2 upgraded the gameplay and mastered it.
I guess if you're focused on the story then maybe you can hate 2 but I've never been a fan of the story anyway
That was the problem. People thought COM was a side game thus skippable but it was actually an important part of the story. That was Square's fault. KH2 felt incomplete until Final Mix.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It’s some opinions in here

:picard:

First y’all would get killed by the KH community for not acknowledging that 2 is considered the holy grail of the series, most action game series haven’t even caught up to its spectacular gameplay.

3 didn’t set the world on fire but it was still a solid 7.5 out of 10…not a waste of time at all if you into the series.

As far as the plot, you either with it or not at this point….I’m not gon lie and say the story is a hot mess but you either invested or you not at this point
:manny:

3 was incomplete trash (even with the DLC) and nothing more a placeholder to move the game on to whatever Nomura has planned. Instead of them answering questions all it was bring up more of them and now they don't have the luxury of using Union X to fill in the gaps.

Union X needs to come to consoles or else people are going to be completely more lost than they are now and the video idea they did the first time just won't work.

We're 20 years into the KH story, start getting to the point and I will say the same thing for AC and their modern day story as well.

Last edited:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
That was the problem. People thought COM was a side game thus skippable but it was actually an important part of the story. That was Square's fault. KH2 felt incomplete until Final Mix.
imo it's still a side game because i could've watched a 10-minute video on what happened but I'll give you one and say I could do the same with KH1
in terms of story, i guess it felt incomplete but, gameplay-wise it was pretty solid
kh2fm made it even better with the terra and the roxas fight.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Chain of Memories is a CLASSIC. Yes the Gameboy Advance version. the story between that and 2 is the series at its PEAK.

the first kingdom hearts is meh tbh, solid introduction of a concept.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Kingdom hearts 2 is the peak. 3 was absolute booty juice in my opinion.

They deceived me by luring me in with the Final Fantasy fan service and taking it away for the 3rd. I think the only disney stage I truly enjoyed was the Big Hero 6 stage. The actual game didn’t begin for me until the final 3rd.