So whats the verdict on Kingdom hearts?

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
The storyline ending of 3/Re:Mind was already convoluted enough and now they’re adding even more questions to the fold with ending of UX :francis:

Pods and time traveling :francis:

Time traveling has been part of the series since KH2 lol.

KH3 has pacing problems. All the good stuff is crammed into a 4 hour block at the end of the game and then the rest of the good stuff is saved for dlc. Also the frozen world is pretty bland. So in that regard yes KH3 was a letdown.

But people are really on here saying KH3 is the weakest game of the series. Yall are straight up delusional lmao.

KH3 is one of the best looking games ever.
The floaty combat of base sora and the ability to turn off attractions was fixed in the dlc
Remind bosses are very likely some of the best videogame bosses ever created. Remind Bosses>Dark Soul Bosses
PC version is VERY optimized and is hands down the go to version now.
UX was supposed to end last month but was delayed to E3 week. Lots of people are taking this as we are getting some type of KH announcement during E3.
Phase 2 of kingdom hearts is about to go into full swing with this next game and the ending of UX. I honestly believe the best kh game has yet to come. Especially with this entire "Nomuraverse" coming together. I better not see none of yall in the next Kingdom hearts game thread lmao.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Time traveling has been part of the series since KH2 lol.

I was more so referring to how they’re going to explain the Foretellers being in the present day story.

Adding and answering questions through UX, which is now ending and unless they bring it to consoles or explain it in a full video again, people will be even more lost than they are now.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I was more so referring to how they’re going to explain the Foretellers being in the present day story.

Adding and answering questions through UX, which is now ending and unless they bring it to consoles or explain it in a full video again, people will be even more lost than they are now.

Yea i knew what u were referring to. Just making a point alot of people like to joke that "time travel" is what caused the story to become convoluted when time travel was already a thing way back in KH2 lol.

But yea i agree UX is too important for them not to re release it. I fully expect it to be a movie along side whatever the next game is gonna be (Verum Rex). The ending to UX is happening June 17th. Same as E3 week.

Can't believe i been following this game for 6 years lmao. Can't believe even more Nomura made a 6 year game out of a reason to explain how Malificent came back in KH2 :dead:

Daps
:pachaha: I’m trying to follow along with the conversation. I purchased the all-in-one package yesterday though.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yea i knew what u were referring to. Just making a point alot of people like to joke that "time travel" is what caused the story to become convoluted when time travel was already a thing way back in KH2 lol.

But yea i agree UX is too important for them not to re release it. I fully expect it to be a movie along side whatever the next game is gonna be (Verum Rex). The ending to UX is happening June 17th. Same as E3 week.

Can't believe i been following this game for 6 years lmao. Can't believe even more Nomura made a 6 year game out of a reason to explain how Malificent came back in KH2 :dead:

If anything, the story got convoluted as they insisted on adding more questions into the fold instead of answering the ones that were already there. I’ve been following it for way longer than that and there are still questions they haven’t answered or fully explained lol.

That’s where a lot of frustrations came in with 3 in that they rushed questions/answers that they created just to add more of them in the end. And then used Re:Mind to answer questions that should been answered in the main game.

That UX video is also going to have to be multiple hours to fully flesh out and explain who the Foretellers are as a lot of people likely had no clue who they even where during their appearance at the end of 3 lol.

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
If anything, the story got convoluted as they insisted on adding more questions into the fold instead of answering the ones that were already there. I’ve been following it for way longer than that and there are still questions they haven’t answered or fully explained lol.

That’s where a lot of frustrations came in with 3 in that they rushed questions/answers that they created just to add more of them in the end. And then used Re:Mind to answer questions that should been answered in the main game.

That UX video is also going to have to be multiple hours to fully flesh out and explain who the Foretellers are as a lot of people likely had no clue who they even where during their appearance at the end of 3 lol.

Alot of people went into KH3 expecting closure and i'm not saying they were wrong for assuming so but Nomura already stated KH3 wasn't the end of the series. Now i do agree there was more sequel baiting in KH3 then i would of liked. But i never expected to end KH3 without any lingering questions.

What questions hasn't been fully answered yet up to this point outside of UX/Verum Rex stuff which is clearly Phase 2??? Only one i can think of is the explanation of how Riku got Kairis keyblade in KH2. Most of the questions this series presents usually gets answered. It just gets answered at the same time the story presents new mysteries. Hell this is the same series that went out of it's way to explain why Mickey was Shirtless at the end of KH1, and created a entire mobile game just to explain how Malificent came back in KH2 lol.

As far as explaining who the foretellers are, That's already explained in back cover. The only parts of UX that needs recreating are the intro/parts of wreck it ralph and the ending. But yea even with all that u still looking at a solid 2 hours or so. It will be interesting to see how long the compilations will be once the ending is released and the youtube people packs the entire story into one video.

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Copped the other day halfway thru hollow bastion in 1.5 now, game got me screamin at how slow sora is cuz im still used to being a god in 3 :dead:

1 and 2 were both great only other one ive ever played is COM way back in the day and that one was iigh. 3 had me like :what: the entire game. 1 and 2 are like 9's, 3 is prolly a 6 or 7 at best

Kerkum

Superstar
Daps
The first game was a brilliant, self-contained story that had nice character arcs (sans Kairi) for the leads. The subsequent sequels, while having great moments, were mostly unnecessary. Too convoluted and too hard to follow. No ma’am

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Alot of people went into KH3 expecting closure and i'm not saying they were wrong for assuming so but Nomura already stated KH3 wasn't the end of the series. Now i do agree there was more sequel baiting in KH3 then i would of liked. But i never expected to end KH3 without any lingering questions.

What questions hasn't been fully answered yet up to this point outside of UX/Verum Rex stuff which is clearly Phase 2??? Only one i can think of is the explanation of how Riku got Kairis keyblade in KH2. Most of the questions this series presents usually gets answered. It just gets answered at the same time the story presents new mysteries. Hell this is the same series that went out of it's way to explain why Mickey was Shirtless at the end of KH1, and created a entire mobile game just to explain how Malificent came back in KH2 lol.

As far as explaining who the foretellers are, That's already explained in back cover. The only parts of UX that needs recreating are the intro/parts of wreck it ralph and the ending. But yea even with all that u still looking at a solid 2 hours or so. It will be interesting to see how long the compilations will be once the ending is released and the youtube people packs the entire story into one video.

Nah they're going to have to explain and create a lot more than that. Namely:

1 Ventus being alive in UX and how he ended up with BBS with no memories whatsoever of his past memories. Chirithy knew him, but he had no idea himself of who chirithy is nor his past.

2.The nameless star (Sterlitza) being murdered by darkness who possessed the body of Ventus. Ventus in present day seems to have no recollection of those memories as well. They still also haven't explain the true identity of the darkness who killed her. If you never paid attention to UX, then you wouldn't have had an idea whatsoever of who she is/was.

3. They will also have to explain the identity of the traitor that was asked in Back Cover. They explained it in the game (likely Master Ava), but again you wouldn't know that if you never paid attention to the mobile game.

4. It should also be noted that certain members of Organization XIII and current characters appear in the game in their original forms. So they will have to explain to people what happened to them and how they are still alive in the game currently.

5. They're going to have to explain how all of those characters jumped into the present day story, while also explaining how Maleficent (who is alive during this time as well) managed to jump into the present day story also. It was already bad enough that they showed Ephemer in KH 3, which more than likely confused a lot of players who had no clue who he was.

That's one of the problems with adding/answering questions in the mobile games as it's going to take hours to fully explain it all.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
I actually enjoyed 3, great graphics, the worlds were bigger and more detailed than ever and the gameplay is pretty much the same as the rest of the games but faster and more fluid.

The story was complete nonsensical garbage like the rest of the series and the game was piss easy but other than that it was great.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

1 Ventus being alive in UX and how he ended up with BBS with no memories whatsoever of his past memories. Chirithy knew him, but he had no idea himself of who chirithy is nor his past.

2.The nameless star (Sterlitza) being murdered by darkness who possessed the body of Ventus. Ventus in present day seems to have no recollection of those memories as well. They still also haven't explain the true identity of the darkness who killed her. If you never paid attention to UX, then you wouldn't have had an idea whatsoever of who she is/was.

3. They will also have to explain the identity of the traitor that was asked in Back Cover. They explained it in the game (likely Master Ava), but again you wouldn't know that if you never paid attention to the mobile game.

4. It should also be noted that certain members of Organization XIII and current characters appear in the game in their original forms. So they will have to explain to people what happened to them and how they are still alive in the game currently.

5. They're going to have to explain how all of those characters jumped into the present day story, while also explaining how Maleficent (who is alive during this time as well) managed to jump into the present day story also. It was already bad enough that they showed Ephemer in KH 3, which more than likely confused a lot of players who had no clue who he was.

That's one of the problems with adding/answering questions in the mobile games as it's going to take hours to fully explain it all.

I don’t even know what yall are talking about. It might as well be in Chinese.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I don’t even know what yall are talking about. It might as well be in Chinese.

And that's where in the problem lies with bringing the Foretellers into the present day without explaining everything that happened in UX lol.

A lot of those storylines have impacted what's happening in the current timeline of the game.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

1.That's going to be explained in the ending of UX in June.

2.We dont know nameless star is Sterlitza. The newest update makes it seem like Sterlitza is the "true dandelion" which would mean nameless star could just be Yozora's girlfriend.

3.This has yet to be explained but as u said we all know it's Ava. But yea it will probably be explained in a future game

4.All the "somebodies" of the original org 13 are already accounted for besides Demyx and Luxord. And we already know Luxord's somebody is Yozora's Driver. As to why they are alive in present time is simple. We know once u defeat someone's heartless and nobody their original self comes back. Elrena and Lauriam along with Ven all took the pods in the latest update which explains why they are in present kingdom hearts time.

5.This will be explained in the ending of UX and part of it already started in the last UX update. Japan and US are synced now and are both waiting the final update in June.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
1.That's going to be explained in the ending of UX in June.
2.This was explained in the last update of UX
3.This has yet to be explained but as u said we all know it's Ava. But yea it will probably be explained in a future game
4.All the "somebodies" of the original org 13 are already accounted for besides Demyx and Luxord. And we already know Luxord's somebody is Yozora's Driver.
5.This will be explained in the ending of UX and part of it already started in the last UX update. Japan and US are synced now and are both waiting the final update in June.

I know those questions will more than likely be explained in the ending of UX, but you're still going to have to include those elements at some point to catch people up about what's going on in the game. Years worth of story condensed into a 2-3 hour movie just isn't going to cut it.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I know those questions will more than likely be explained in the ending of UX, but you're still going to have to include those elements at some point to catch people up about what's going on in the game. Years worth of story condensed into a 2-3 hour movie just isn't going to cut it.

I think this is exactly whats gonna happen lol. They gonna give us a 2 hour recap movie and anyone that wants to dig deeper will have to go watch the actual cutscenes and read the secret reports. But thats how this series always been lol.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I think this is exactly whats gonna happen lol. They gonna give us a 2 hour recap movie and anyone that wants to dig deeper will have to go watch the actual cutscenes and read the secret reports. But thats how this series always been lol.

Honestly, they'd be better serve telling the story through another console game, but they seem to have some development issues or controversy over there in SE with nearly every game that they release lol. I actually think that's what transpired with KH3 and why it came out as half-baked as it did.