So what is the worst song on Life Is Good...

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
SOS easily

there's a couple more tracks on there that aren't vital but world's an addiction is really dope to me... i wish the first verse was up to par with the 2nd/3rd but i'll take it

Ian1362

david ruffin in the flesh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Remove Reach Out, Summer on Smash, and World's An Addiction, insert Nasty, The Black Bond, and Roses.

Not that Reach Out and Summer On Smash are bad records, but why not just put the great tracks from the deluxe version on the regular one?

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Questions about Stay, which is a record I like but am frustrated with in the same breath because I don't think I understand what Nas is trying to do with the record.

1. Anybody else confused by the aggressiveness of the second verse considering the beat is so gotdamn mellow? :yeshrug:
  2. More importantly, anybody else somewhat perplexed by the subject matter of the song--the hook and reverb of "stay" doesn't give me much to work with, beside the theme being something vaguely about "staying."

• Verse 1 is largely about him staying with some sexy, scandalous woman because he can't resist her? While in the same verse warning family men who are confronted with these desperate lonely women to stay away from them because they'll break up a happy home? This just Nas saying don't be like me? And is a way of alluding to what went down between Kelis and him? :ld:

• Verse 2 is about him really hating someone but needing them to stay so they can observe his success, which he knows infuriates them...right? :ld:

That it? :yeshrug: Help me understand what Nas is doing with this song, brehs, because I really think I'm missing something. Or maybe I'm over-analyzing shyt.

what i took from it is that its about how in life we have conflicted feelings about shyt. thats what both verses have in common. first verse, he staying with the chick even though he knows it aint no good and he contemplates doing better but he falls short and stays even against his better judgment.

second verse he conflicted about someone he "hates" and who "hates" him but he knows that at the end of the day he still got love for dude because he aint really tryna dwelling on hate. Its sort of like the sayin "never wish death even on my worst enemy" its cause you might hate someone but you try not to let the hate consume you.

it kinda gives me a vibe that you know, that alot of times we go through different emotions in dealing with things and sometimes we have a conflicted feelings and thats part of life.

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
:stopitslime: nikkas really aint feeling reach out?

the 2 worse songs are nasty and the don, and yall overrate the fukk out of queens story too.

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility
what i took from it is that its about how in life we have conflicted feelings about shyt. thats what both verses have in common. first verse, he staying with the chick even though he knows it aint no good and he contemplates doing better but he falls short and stays even against his better judgment.

second verse he conflicted about someone he "hates" and who "hates" him but he knows that at the end of the day he still got love for dude because he aint really tryna dwelling on hate. Its sort of like the sayin "never wish death even on my worst enemy" its cause you might hate someone but you try not to let the hate consume you.

it kinda gives me a vibe that you know, that alot of times we go through different emotions in dealing with things and sometimes we have a conflicted feelings and thats part of life.

:leon: :shake:

*You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to up in here again.*

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this thread is trash, dudes just tryna bring down the LIG momentum by having folks argue the "worst" song on the album.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I fukks with Reach Out. It's not the best song but I'm a sucker for that throwback shyt, hook is tight, Nas spits some nice shyt etc. Still it does feel out of place

My clear pick: Summer On Smash. Wack beat, wack hook. Nas does his best with the track but Swizz is just too corny to overcome.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Summer On Smash easily.

Nas and Swizzie is 0 for 3 now.

But, clearly this is a joke thread

:pachaha:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
lol @

The Don, You Wouldnt Understand and Worlds An Addiction getting mentioned has worst tracks. just wow.