So we should be eating MORE butter and fat but less bread & potatoes

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
Is this about weight loss? lol dude this article you posted doesn't even warrant a dignified response. May I ask you what are your long term fitness goals? What was the purpose of the original post? Every centenarian group follows a largely plant based diet. From the Okinawans, to the Sardinians to the Costa Ricans.
This is about lowering cholesterol and prolonging your life by avoiding heart disease etc

Did you read the studies in that article conducted by medical professionals?

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
Westman, an internist at Duke's diet and fitness center, said he decided to study the Atkins approach because of concern over so many patients and friends taking it up on their own. He approached the Robert C. Atkins foundation in New York City to finance the research.

Westman studied 120 overweight volunteers, who were randomly assigned to the Atkins diet or the heart association's Step 1 diet, a widely used low-fat approach. On the Atkins diet, people limited their carbs to less than 20 grams a day, and 60% of their calories came from fat.

"It was high fat, off the scale," he said.

After six months, the people on the Atkins diet had lost an average of 31 pounds, compared with 20 pounds on the AHA diet, and more people stuck with the Atkins regimen.

Total cholesterol fell slightly in both groups. However, those on the Atkins diet had an 11% increase in HDL, the good cholesterol, and a 49% drop in triglycerides. On the AHA diet, HDL was unchanged, and triglycerides dropped 22%. High triglycerides may raise the risk of heart disease.

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
it is a well known fact now that mass calorie consumption, no matter where tha calories come from lead to an early grave

So all these mass gaining work out plans are unhealthy in tha long run

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
This is about lowering cholesterol and prolonging your life by avoiding heart disease etc

Did you read the studies in that article conducted by medical professionals?

lol Did you read what I wrote about centenarians following a plant based diet? Lol If you were serious about prolonging your life you would probably mimic the diets of those who actually live long. Here is my post in the "Paleo diet" thread.

It's considered the worst diet out there by every voting index ever. As mentioned in this thread, extremely tough to follow and just plain silly logic. Low carb diets are dumb in general. A lot of you guys conflate fitness models with optimal health or being physically active.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/07/health/best-diets-ranked/

http://www.livescience.com/19868-centenarians-longevity-mediterranean-diet.html

Only diet that makes sense is the mediterranean diet.

The centenarians of Sicily to Sardinia

Drink Goat’s Milk and Eat Sardinian Longevity FoodsSardinians consume milk and cheese, not from dairy cows but from goats. The goats in this region have a unique quality. They eat dwarf curry, a plant currently used in the U.S. to make anti-inflammatory drugs. Sardinians also consume large quantities of dark red wine, fava beans, and barley.

Eat a plant-based, bean rich diet accented with pecorino (sheep cheese) and goat’s milk, using meat as an accent, rather than the main dish.

Ikaria, Greece

They eat a variation of the Mediterranean diet, rich in olive oil, whole grains, fruit and a little fish.

Nicoya, Costa Rica

1. Plan your meals. Nicoyans eat their biggest meal in the morning and their smallest meal at night.​
Okinawa, Japan

Eat a plant-based diet. Use vegetables from your garden, a farmer’s market or even a grocery store. Okinawan centenarians consume soy products, such as antioxidant rich tofu for additional health benefits.
All Blue Zone diets. All heavily aligned with the mediterranean diet.

Also here an article on the 10 dirtiest foods you can eat.

Chicken
The dirt: Never mind cigarettes; the Surgeon General should slap a warning label on chicken. Recent nationwide testing by Consumers Union, the advocacy group behind Consumer Reports, notes that of the 484 raw broilers examined, 42 percent were infected by Campylobacter jejuni(found in animal feces :huhldup:) and 12 percent by Salmonella enterides.

The latest USDA research notes similar Salmonella levels. Now add in the fact that we each consume about 70 pounds of chicken a year—more than our intake of beef, pork, or turkey—and it's a wonder broilers don't come with barf bags.
At the supermarket: Look for birds labeled "free range." Close quarters in the henhouse give bad bugs the chance to spread, as do high-volume processing operations. Free-range chickens, which are given more room to roost and are usually slaughtered in smaller numbers, present a potentially safer option. For example, Ranger chickens, a free-range brand sold in the Pacific Northwest, came up negative for Salmonella and Campylobacter in Consumers Union's tests.

Read more: http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/foodborne_illness/Chicken.php#ixzz2q7NG74f4

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
lol Did you read what I wrote about centenarians following a plant based diet? Lol If you were serious about prolonging your life you would probably mimic the diets of those who actually live long. Here is my post in the "Paleo diet" thread.

Also here an article on the 10 dirtiest foods you can eat.

Chicken
The dirt: Never mind cigarettes; the Surgeon General should slap a warning label on chicken. Recent nationwide testing by Consumers Union, the advocacy group behind Consumer Reports, notes that of the 484 raw broilers examined, 42 percent were infected by Campylobacter jejuni(found in animal feces :huhldup:) and 12 percent by Salmonella enterides.

The latest USDA research notes similar Salmonella levels. Now add in the fact that we each consume about 70 pounds of chicken a year—more than our intake of beef, pork, or turkey—and it's a wonder broilers don't come with barf bags.
At the supermarket: Look for birds labeled "free range." Close quarters in the henhouse give bad bugs the chance to spread, as do high-volume processing operations. Free-range chickens, which are given more room to roost and are usually slaughtered in smaller numbers, present a potentially safer option. For example, Ranger chickens, a free-range brand sold in the Pacific Northwest, came up negative for Salmonella and Campylobacter in Consumers Union's tests.

Read more: http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/foodborne_illness/Chicken.php#ixzz2q7NG74f4
484 broilers examined? Where? Study is not specific at all, sorry

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
it is a well known fact now that mass calorie consumption, no matter where tha calories come from lead to an early grave

So all these mass gaining work out plans are unhealthy in tha long run

But you posted an article attacking carbs as the main culprit of health problems, when it's not. Processed meats, the over consumption of meat, dairy products and soft drinks are. You shouldn't be eating meat daily, you shouldn't be consuming dairy products and you definitely shouldn't be drink sugary drinks. As an avid runner(2 marathoners and plenty of shorter distances) I thought I absolutely needed Powerade. :pachaha: For a quick replacement of electrolytes. After only receiving sugar through fruits and vegetables, I absolutely couldn't even stomach a Powerade. I tried one a month after I made the switch and I spit it out after a sip. It tasted like liquid paint. :huhldup: Now water is literally the only "post-workout" drink I need.

The mass gaining is just silly. One it's not sustainable. Two the only thing that's going to happen is around the age of 45 when you are 20 pounds overweight, you'll be trying to lose that weight as it has an adverse effect on your health.

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
484 broilers examined? Where? Study is not specific at all, sorry

Goat milk? Yeah that's real practical for a nikka livin in California :rudy:

Besides animal milk is not made for human consumption, and lactose is not good for tha human body

Lol You are better than this man. The 484 broilers examined isn't the key to the article. What you should have taken from it is how meat is processed and introduced into the Supermarket. How it isn't screened. No one says you should be out here slaughtering Goats. It was implying that you shouldn't be getting it from cows. And it is possible to get Goat Milk in California :pachaha: Meyenberg company makes some breh.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I'm done arguing with you, you obviously have reading comprehension problems and critical thought is not used. You posted a study about weight loss in the obese. No shyt their cholesterol dropped, they lost a bunch of weight. I specified NOT to link me to this pointless obvious shyt.

Reread my original post to you. Find me one of the things I asked from you which would be evidence for your claim. You still have provided none.

Or better yet, just take your L and stop getting nutritional advice from Crossfitters

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
I'm done arguing with you, you obviously have reading comprehension problems and critical thought is not used. You posted a study about weight loss in the obese. No shyt their cholesterol dropped, they lost a bunch of weight. I specified NOT to link me to this pointless obvious shyt.

Reread my original post to you. Find me one of the things I asked from you which would be evidence for your claim. You still have provided none.

Or better yet, just take your L and stop getting nutritional advice from Crossfitters
Did you realize tha Atkins method tha same dieters got rid of more bad cholesterol?

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
I was on some bullshyt. I love carbs

carbs are like a drug man. I been on keto for a few weeks now and I feel better than I did all year eating carbs (i've done keto before). I almost dont even want to have my cheat meal, but when I do, I feel like a junkie. Weight going up in the gym, I get tired quicker but I dont lift for ego, or even health, aesthetics only. (right now) All these dudes begging for studies etc about how are carbs bad for you, try it yourself, I can say I ate clean with carbs, I've ate dirty with carbs, and I've ate clean without carbs. and eating clean without carbs has me feeling the best and looking the best, not just fat reduction, but skin, eyes, hair, all look better. I had dry skin all the time, had to keep lotion near me always, guess what, no more. I would have breakouts sometimes, guess what? Clear skin than a MF now. Obviously different things work for different people, but I think low carb isnt bad in the short run, but moderate is best for the long run. Also I think people should be eating more fat, but from stuff like salmon, peanut butter, almonds, etc. and of course for fiber eat greens, cant forget the greens. not bacon and triple meat burgers slammed with chesse.

tl;dr: try different diets and whats right for you might not be right for someone else.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
carbs are like a drug man. I been on keto for a few weeks now and I feel better than I did all year eating carbs (i've done keto before). I almost dont even want to have my cheat meal, but when I do, I feel like a junkie. Weight going up in the gym, I get tired quicker but I dont lift for ego, or even health, aesthetics only. (right now) All these dudes begging for studies etc about how are carbs bad for you, try it yourself, I can say I ate clean with carbs, I've ate dirty with carbs, and I've ate clean without carbs. and eating clean without carbs has me feeling the best and looking the best, not just fat reduction, but skin, eyes, hair, all look better. I had dry skin all the time, had to keep lotion near me always, guess what, no more. I would have breakouts sometimes, guess what? Clear skin than a MF now. Obviously different things work for different people, but I think low carb isnt bad in the short run, but moderate is best for the long run. Also I think people should be eating more fat, but from stuff like salmon, peanut butter, almonds, etc. and of course for fiber eat greens, cant forget the greens. not bacon and triple meat burgers slammed with chesse.

tl;dr: try different diets and whats right for you might not be right for someone else.
When I was cutting I dropped carbs down to the essentials... 40g of fiber and whatever else was in my kale fruit smoothie. Couldn't hold a pump for shyt, but I can't lie, my energy levels were steady and I felt good. Held on to my strength. Been binging a bit this month and I'm still bulking but I think I'm gonna clean up in the new year. Simple carbs got me on some junkie shyt and they are hard AF to moderate. Better to just cut them out as much as possible.