So we should be eating MORE butter and fat but less bread & potatoes

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
Please provide peer reviewed studies published in professional nutritional journals that can help me understand the evils of carbs.

Please do not link me to studies about low-carb diet weight loss in the obese.

Please do not link me to websites with agendas and unsupported nutritional claims

I am very curious to read more.
Please READ carefully

Daily mail website has no "agenda"

Tha very progressive healthy country of Sweden is adopting this diet

Google is your friend

Need I go on?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Please READ carefully

Daily mail website has no "agenda"

Tha very progressive healthy country of Sweden is adopting this diet

Google is your friend

Need I go on?

Yes, you need to go on and provide me what I asked for. You are the one making outlandish claims, the burden of proof is on you. Not me.

But we both know you are just repeating unsubstantiated claims you read on the internet. In the case of carbs, paleo dogma and the completely mind boggling anti gluten movement are to blame.

The war on carbs a joke. The real war is on overeating and being fat, it just so happens that carb lovers tend to overeat. Of course, these people eat a lot of fat and protein as well. They eat a lot, period.

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
It's a load of shyt. They're a bunch of quacks. If you lift weights and are active, you NEED carbs. You need to refill your glycogen stores otherwise your performance declines and you'll lose more muscle. I hate low carb and keto diets. They're more for the casually active to never active crowd.

These meatheads don't understand the difference between fitness models and actually performing. The irony of it all is Robert Atkins himself had a heart attack :skip:. His weight would fluctuate depending on his speaking engagements. His PR tried to link it to a previous disease but it was his diet. Low carbs, high fat diets are dangerous and deadly. From Atkins to the Paleo. It's an excuse for extremely undisciplined people to eat junk and still feel okay about themselves because "they look good". :snoop:

@Xtraz2

Who cares if Sweden is adopting a diet? :deadmanny: As if that's the sole reason why they are healthy. Access to adequate healthcare might have a shyt ton to do with that. Also the low poverty and low unemployment. I dunno just a hunch there breh.

Red Meat is inflammatory. Actually all meat is inflammatory unless you are getting organic, free-range animals.

Dairy is inflammatory.

Sugar? I actually agree. People should tread carefully. Only sugar you should be getting is from fruits, vegetables. When people ask how I eat a plant based diet, they don't understand that veggies pack a punch in the taste department. Certain vegetables are actually very sweet. When people lazily state "sugar" is bad, they are referring to the way people receive the bulk of their sugar through energy drinks and soft drinks. And they consume too much of it.

You messing up your body with inflammatory foods like wheat bread/carbs and starch/sugar

You are also speeding up tha aging process by consuming those foods not to mention opening tha pathway to heart disease/cancer/diabetes

You should eat vegetables, meat with fat, and butter

A lot of people refer to Steve Jobs who was a "vegan" and that his high carb diet contributed to his early death.

1. Guy had cancer. Lol there is zero diet that reverses cancer. The fact that low carb quacks actually cite his death as proof is just :snoop:
A vegan diet isn’t necessarily high-carb. There has to be at least five or so vegans who live off of avocados and olive oil. All jokes aside, the vast majority of vegans eat a high-carb, low-fat, grain based diet. Even if you aren’t vegan, eating a high-carb diet is going to increase your risk of cancer.

Paleo website. Probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

This is the Centenarian diet. The exact opposite of what low carb quacks are selling. More importantly is the low intake of meat as it is the most inflammatory thing you can eat. Dairy as well. The fact that you yourself stated

meat with fat, and butter, tells me you have a long way to go.

http://www.okicent.org/

The traditional Okinawan diet consists of a low calorie intake. It has been said that there is a tight correlation between the high proportion of Okinawan's over 110 years of age and the relatively low caloric diet. With exception of pork, almost no meat is consumed; virtually no eggs or dairy products are consumed either. The Okinawan's include pork in their every day diets, but will keep the fat content low by boiling it off first.

The 7 Essential Foods Associated With The Okinawan Diet

Organic Fresh Vegetables: Most of their meal consists of fresh vegetables. The Okinawans eat as many as 8 servings of vegetables and 2 serving of fruit a day. Papaya and sweet potato are among the staple foods in their diet. Other staple vegetables are radish, marrow, onions, carrots, cabbage and leafy greens.

Seaweed or Wakami: Is an antioxidant rich, nutrient and mineral dense food. It's an important part of the Okinawan diet. Seaweed is a staple in japanese quizine .

Soy: This is among the staple food consumed by the Japanese. The studies on soy are ever changing, but given the longevity of the Japanese, it's safe to say that soy is good for all.

Whole Grains: The Okinawan diet includes 6 to 8 servings of whole grains daily. Rice and noodles are the staple grains in their diet

Green Tea (Matcha): They drink green tea several times a day. It has been well documented that green tea has a long list of health benefits.

Fish: They consume fish several times a week. Fish high in EFAs ( Omega 3s), such as salmon and tuna, common staples in the Japanese diet.

Meat is the lowest consumed staple on their diet: As stated before lean pork is boiled to ensure the majority of the fat is removed from the meat before it's consumed.

Papaya: is also among the staple foods used in many cultures, particularly Japan.
Papain, is the enzyme contained in Papaya, that breaks down proteins. Papaya is believed to be the only source of papain. Of its many uses, the aiding in digestion is on the top of the list.
Papayas are a rich source of vitamin A and C. A small amount of papaya
can provide 150% of the recommended dietary intake of Vitamin C. Its a good source of potassium, foliate, and fiber.

Their diet is very similar to Kenyan distance runners. That's why they dominate outside of training. They actually eat like humans should.
Kenyan runners tend to eat a limited variety of foods, and that was certainly the case with these elite athletes. Most of their nutrients came from vegetable sources, and the "staple" edibles were bread, boiled rice, poached potatoes, boiled porridge, cabbage, kidney beans and ugali (a well-cooked, corn-meal paste that's molded into balls and dipped into other foods for flavoring). <!--insertad-->
Meat (primarily beef) was eaten just four times a week in fairly small amounts (about 100 grams -- 3.5 ounces a day). A fair amount of tea with milk and sugar was imbibed on a daily basis (more on this in a moment).

Again meat is eaten sparingly. Compare that to American diets where meat is consumed 3 :damn: times a day. :huhldup:

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
So chicken is inflammatory?

Where are you getting your facts from?

I could just tell you to google it. :pachaha:..Anything cooked at a high temperature causes inflammatory responses in your system. That's why you have "Raw Vegans"..
A boneless, skinless chicken breast–that Holy Grail of diet food–is low in total fat and saturated fat, it’s true. But that’s not the whole story. Chicken is also relatively high in omega-6 fats, including arachidonic acid, a fatty acid that directly feeds cellular production of inflammatory chemicals. Beef tenderloin, on the other hand, is slightly higher in fat than a chicken breast but contains only half as much arachidonic acid and higher levels of anti-inflammatory nutrients such as monounsaturated fat, selenium, and zinc. When you look at all the facts, I don’t know how you could conclude that beef (per se) belongs on the inflammatory list and chicken on the anti-inflammatory one!

http://nutritionovereasy.com/2011/01/is-chicken-less-inflammatory-than-beef/

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
It's a load of shyt. They're a bunch of quacks. If you lift weights and are active, you NEED carbs. You need to refill your glycogen stores otherwise your performance declines and you'll lose more muscle. I hate low carb and keto diets. They're more for the casually active to never active crowd.
Fruits and veggies have carbs :manny:

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
Sounds like beef propaganda, that is one of tha most redicolous things I have heard

I know you don't even believe that hog wash!

:wtf: beef propaganda. I'm sure that was published by the same people who make sell beef. Lol. Point is you don't know what those chickens are being fed.
Fruits and veggies have carbs :manny:

Did you read what he wrote? :dahell:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
:wtf: beef propaganda. I'm sure that was published by the same people who make sell beef. Lol. Point is you don't know what those chickens are being fed.

Did you read what he wrote? :dahell:
Yeah. He made a good point about the glycemic index. But you can control your glycemic index Eating certain fruits, veggies, and nuts.

I personally eat lots of carbs,
but nothing white. Brown, orange, yellow, green usually taste delicious.

Last edited:

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah. He made a good point about the glycemic index. But you can control your glycemic index Eating certain fruits, veggies, and nuts.

I personally eat lots of carbs,
but nothing white. Brown, orange, yellow, green usually taste delicious.
Tha old myth of wheat bread being good for you is a lie

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
Yes, you need to go on and provide me what I asked for. You are the one making outlandish claims, the burden of proof is on you. Not me.

But we both know you are just repeating unsubstantiated claims you read on the internet. In the case of carbs, paleo dogma and the completely mind boggling anti gluten movement are to blame.

The war on carbs a joke. The real war is on overeating and being fat, it just so happens that carb lovers tend to overeat. Of course, these people eat a lot of fat and protein as well. They eat a lot, period.
Why is tha burden of proof on me?

I can say you are equally making outlandish claims

educate yourself on tha subject

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Why is tha burden of proof on me?

I can say you are equally making outlandish claims

educate yourself on tha subject

Please stop giving nutrition advice. Ol I heard it from a guy that heard it from a guy that heard it from the internet ass dude.

You cant provide me what I asked for because what I asked for doesnt exist. You are flat out spreading false information, or at the very least incredibly exaggerated statements.

Stop believing everything you read and also make an effort to read beyond the headline and interpret and analyze the true meaning of the data. Also, learn the difference between causation and correlation.

I suspect you might be trolling though since you actually praised the journalism of the Daily Fail:why:

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin