So This is What EA is Doing These Days With Madden?

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
Only reason I play Madden is because of Ultimate Team. In my college days selling ultimate team coins made me a some good money.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
:mjlol:
I’m all for innnovation but the game is still fun to play..

The way you guys talk you would think it’s unplayable...

I don’t know why you guys keep expecting revolutionary steps forward its FOOTBALL..

Not once did I say the game was unplayable and every other year I'll still buy it at <$20 but this game hasn't been first day cop worthy for years.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I've been playing football games since the 90's and for the last decade and a half Madden has stripped away features, shoe horned micro transactions, put little effort into making things better.

The animations remain trash and they are still reusing canned animations from fukking Madden 07. The defense is a joke, you got LB's running in stride with the fastest deep threats in the game doing no look one handed INT's. The physics are a joke.

Most if not all the effort is put into Ultimate Team which is the main money maker (thanks FIFA) so everything else gets put to the wayside. I would bet that if you examined the actual code year to year in each madden game maybe 15% of it has changed in 10 years.

Every year they add some dumb feature that barely changes anything instead of actually making the entire game better.

Why does franchise mode from 15 years ago have more options than franchise mode today?

The animations are garbage, the blocking is garbage, the throwing is garbage, the running is garbage, playing defense is garbage, the customization is garbage, the a.i. is garbage, the presentation is garbage, the physics are garbage.

I am a huge football fan and for a while I'd give Madden a chance every year. Then it became every other year, and it just never feels remotely different. They know as long as they add one game play feature (hit stick, vision cone, right stick for moves running) they don't have to change virtually anything else but the roster.

And on top of all that instead of improving the game play, or fleshing out the franchise past completely bare bones, they add some shyt like a dumb ass career story mode that looks like 15 people made it in a month. Or they add this dumb ass NBA street mode no one cares about. I WANT Madden to be good but I have gotten burnt the last 10 times I bought it easily.

You can play Madden 07 and get virtually, if not a better experience than you get today. Never mind the last 2k game still has better physics and animations than Madden does today 15 years later.

All around it's just objectively not nearly as good as it could be with even a LITTLE bit of effort.

I bet money when you create a player they got the same 8 faces this year, I bet money the UI is virtually identical in franchise, I bet money almost every animation is reused from years and years ago. They prolly have all the same camera shots, the same presentation, the same bugs and glitches.

The last time I had any fun with Madden was in the Coli online franchise mode, which was fun because of all the real people involved. But even then the actual game play was trash.

And guess what? All my 'real life' friends feel the same and pretty much all have stopped copping or playing Madden.

At this point it's basically a yearly roster update with some half baked new 'control feature' that barely changes anything or does something you could already do just on a new button, it will have all the same issues as years before, it will more than likely introduce new problems, there will be cheese plays so everyone you play online is not playing football, they are just spamming one run or one pattern that fools the AI over and over.

All around it's just a poor experience and a blatant money grab each year. EA really only cares about Ultimate Team, cause that model saved EA when FIFA started it and it's no coincidence they've forced that model into all of their games, which imo has ruined them because most resources get allocated there.

Me personally I would much rather a fleshed out franchise mode than some dumb ass card collecting game where I build a team of superstars across eras. That's cool as an extra, but not the main focus of the game.

If you like the game cool, but there are plenty of things wrong with it and objectively it's hard to say it's a 'good game'

It's not unplayable, but I would hesitate to call it 'good'. That's just letting EA off the hook for barely trying cause they know if you want to play football with this years roster you basically have to buy their game. If their exclusivity ever ends and a 2nd party starts making NFL games I PROMISE YOU they will get better suddenly.

Excuse my rant...:mjcry:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nothing just making money

they didn’t do shyt to the franchise mode and I doubt they will. Wonder what it will be like on next gen probably the same as this..

I even see 2k dropped a demo before they were even able to add roster updates

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
They threw in the pash rush gimmick because they cant get AI pass rush right :mjlol:

You QB contain in 21 and they do absolutely nothing.

YOGEBEAR09

RAM Gang. Horns up
Daps
Reppin
Knickstape and dem Rams
They threw in the pash rush gimmick because they cant get AI pass rush right :mjlol:

You QB contain in 21 and they do absolutely nothing.
Ai pass rush was dominant asf in 20 and still is this year and qb contain is better than in 20 you can contain damn near every qb outside of lamar and you cant really contain him in real life

Daps
Reppin
DOGSET & byrdgang
there will be cheese plays so everyone you play online is not playing football, they are just spamming one run or one pattern that fools the AI over and over.

This what's kills me about playing online :scust:....nikkas will run two plays the whole game :dwillhuh:....how is that even fun :mjtf:....that's why I just stick to playing in franchise mode... that's give me a feeling of playing a real football game....even when I watch the madden tournament on tv they run about one or two plays:what:....I do agree with everything you said :ehh: