So, this is Ella Mai's boyfriend?

ElectroMan

Superstar
Daps
I mean if yall think she's one of the cutest women you've seen and isn't "average" than cool
034897b122.jpg
Brehs how is she average if she is 7-7.5 without makeup?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
When guys say someone is average what they really mean is she is average for a good looking woman, essentially disregarding all of the actual ugly people because there is no way that girl is actually just average. A 7 is NOT average.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
When guys say someone is average what they really mean is she is average for a good looking woman, essentially disregarding all of the actual ugly people because there is no way that girl is actually just average. A 7 is NOT average.
Yes... this is what we mean... definitely what i mean... ahe is an average good looking person.. A 7

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Only on the coli is average an insult. Most people are average. Most guys on here are average.

Average pretty is a thing. And Ella Mai is an average pretty girl.

I wish artist would go back to this look. I hate the Instagram beauty trends.

And some dudes lying again that there isn’t a mixed/light skinned premium on black women.

Check the Ryan Destiny threads on this site. That girl is objectively gorgeous. But the replies about her are very interesting. But every minute a new mixed chick/Hispanic/white chick/Asian chick instagrams gets a thread with 10 plus pages about being a dime, for copying-black girl aesthetic, no less.:pachaha:

I agree with you for the most part. Ella Mai is an average pretty girl, in the fact that she looks like your standard cute light skin chick. She doesn’t stand out, but in her case, that’s not a bad thing. Based on her performances and interviews she seems like she’s pretty reserved and doesn’t want to stand out.

I too hate that Instagram/YouTube make up trends. I feel for the girls growing up who literally put on so much make up, that they don’t even look like the same person when they don’t have it on. It’s creepy to me.

But I have to disagree about Ryan Destiny. I think she is average too. I feel like she gets hyped up because she’s dark skinned. :yeshrug:
I’ve seen plenty of girls that look like her— I have a friend that does actually. But to each their own.

Anyway your right that a lot of men
will hype up a basic light skin chick just because she’s light. Hype up a average looking white, or Asian chick that barely has an ass, because they aren’t black(so that they get extra points for being another race). And people will hype up a dark skin girl that’s basic or average looking, to try to counter the idea of typical pretty light skin chick—which I’ve seen happen here on the coli.

But I do think after that thread when people posted pics of what their types are and it was filled with light skin, mixed, and white chicks that there are a lot of men that will give a girl that is average pretty like Ella Mai, more points for being light skin with good hair. So I believe you and agree with you on that.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
7.5, 75=C average

In whay world is a C above average...:jbhmm:
In a world where most human beings are not objectively a 7.5 in looks :comeon:
Attractiveness =/= testing standards. There is no pass or fail in which anything less than a 6 goes untouched or else humans would die out. A 7.5 is above average and what most men realistically aspire to wife.

Ya?

Banned
Daps
When I went to school a 7 was average. A 6 was a pass and a 5 was a fail. :yeshrug:

Ya?

Banned
Daps
I agree with you for the most part. Ella Mai is an average pretty girl, in the fact that she looks like your standard cute light skin chick. She doesn’t stand out, but in her case, that’s not a bad thing. Based on her performances and interviews she seems like she’s pretty reserved and doesn’t want to stand out.

I too hate that Instagram/YouTube make up trends. I feel for the girls growing up who literally put on so much make up, that they don’t even look like the same person when they don’t have it on. It’s creepy to me.

But I have to disagree about Ryan Destiny. I think she is average too. I feel like she gets hyped up because she’s dark skinned. :yeshrug:
I’ve seen plenty of girls that look like her— I have a friend that does actually. But to each their own.

Anyway your right that a lot of men
will hype up a basic light skin chick just because she’s light. Hype up a average looking white, or Asian chick that barely has an ass, because they aren’t black(so that they get extra points for being another race). And people will hype up a dark skin girl that’s basic or average looking, to try to counter the idea of typical pretty light skin chick—which I’ve seen happen here on the coli.

But I do think after that thread when people posted pics of what their types are and it was filled with light skin, mixed, and white chicks that there are a lot of men that will give a girl that is average pretty like Ella Mai, more points for being light skin with good hair. So I believe you and agree with you on that.

Ryan Destiny is gorgeous to me but even average pretty is still a compliment to me. I love the girl next door look, that black Women had in the 90s. I don’t think Ryan destiny is hyped up at all. In fact I barely hear of this girl or see in any project besides the lee Daniels star show. I didn’t watch cause I hate lee Daniels and song like that they put a white girl as a lead when I think Ryan should have been lead. In fact I wish they had only a black girl group,

I wish they would used black girls like her in teen black films/love interest instead of the standard ambiguous/LS girl they love using.

Last edited:
Daps
When I went to school a 7 was average. A 6 was a pass and a 5 was a fail. :yeshrug:

Then your school had a dumbo way of rating things

5 = AVERAGE

I know it hurts a lot of people since most people are average but thats the reality. Weirdos saying 7 is the average but then go on and say most people are average.. obviously something doesn't add up because most people are not 7/10s

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

There is a difference between an actual average and average for passing which is what you are referring to. By saying a 7 is average in relation to school scores what you are saying is that of the girls who are acceptably attractive she is average, pretty much excluding all the women who you deem unattractive from your rankings.

If we went to an office building and lined up all the women this singer would not be average, she would fall on the upper portion of the lineup.

Ya?

Banned
Daps
Then your school had a dumbo way of rating things

5 = AVERAGE

I know it hurts a lot of people since most people are average but thats the reality. Weirdos saying 7 is the average but then go on and say most people are average.. obviously something doesn't add up because most people are not 7/10s

No 5 is a fail. What kind of low tier school have you gone to.:mjlol:

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
Ella Mai is not average.....she's certified cute.

Y'all acting like the average woman you see on the street is certified cute...cute women get taken for granted.