So this dc mambo sauce suppose to be fire?

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
Anyone else hate the darker red/brown mumbo sauce:what:

It dont hit like the bright red mumbo sauce

IMG_0916.jpg

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Go to the ones in Clinton and Temple Hills just for the whiting and ask for extra seasoning. You wanna talk about CRACK :ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:
Are you trying to make me gain 50 pounds :damn::damn:
I already had to hit the elliptical extra hard trying to work off that chicken from last time
:damn:
Are they still open? I Haven’t had dinner yet
:lupe:
tenor.gif

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Ok so I ordered some of the capital city sauce. Plan to eat some wings when it comes in but I have a question. Am I supposed to toss the wings in the sauce, dip the wings as I eat them, or just squeeze some on top?

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Are you trying to make me gain 50 pounds :damn::damn:
I already had to hit the elliptical extra hard trying to work off that chicken from last time
:damn:
Are they still open? I Haven’t had dinner yet
:lupe:
tenor.gif

I just got home from a two hour trip so didn’t get a chance to reply lol. But weekly, they usually stay open til 11 PM. Highly recommend getting the fish on Fridays too, they be tasting crazy fresh to me!! Bless that whiting up with not just their extra seasoning but also some juice from freshly sliced lemon and some hot sauce :noah:

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Ok so I ordered some of the capital city sauce. Plan to eat some wings when it comes in but I have a question. Am I supposed to toss the wings in the sauce, dip the wings as I eat them, or just squeeze some on top?

You can do it however you like breh. The classic way of doing it tho is by squeezing some on top and let it lather :noah:

Also, you may or may not feel the Capital City brand (the sweet hot one is even better) but just like with hot sauce, just know that your mileage may vary when it comes to mumbo sauce.

You can hit the DMV area up sometime and try some at a local carryout spot since many of us here have at least one or two that we personally swear by just as I’m sure y’all have chicken wing spots y’all swear by down south individually. Mumbo sauce has gotten kinda mainstream out here these days to the point that even actual restaurants including the high end joints offer mumbo sauce of their own. Idk how good theirs are tho.

It’s plenty of Black folks out here who make their own homemade mumbo sauce from scratch and some have made social media posts and YouTube vids sharing their ingredients and some have even been producing their own as a side hustle. That’s how Capital City got its start originally too. The Capital City brands, you’ll find in a lot of the Shoppers, Safeways, Food Lions, Targets, and Walmarts out here in the DMV.

Mumbo sauce also goes well on fried fish, ribs, glizzys, burgers, brisket, etc. I’m sure they go real good on pork chops too.

Honestly tho, as good as mumbo sauce is, that shyt was on a whole nother level of quality taste back in the 90’s and 2K’s...shyt didn’t made no sense :whew::wow:

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
We brought that shyt to y’all city. y’all butchered it using sugar and other bullshyt. Even the name dumb af

The only “mild sauce” we know about out here is the shyt you get from Taco Bell :mjlol: Just because y’all claim to originate the term ‘mumbo’ don’t mean it’s the same exact sauce lol

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
The only “mild sauce” we know about out here is the shyt you get from Taco Bell :mjlol: Just because y’all claim to originate the term ‘mumbo’ don’t mean it’s the same exact sauce lol

I know. That’s why I said it’s a shyt version of mild sauce. Even the name retarded as fukk. Wtf is a mumbo?