So this dc mambo sauce suppose to be fire?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Ok so the Capital City sweet hot came in today. At first I said this ain't nothing but bbq sauce with too much Texas Pete. But I gotta admit it's good although there is a clear Texas Pete aroma to it. I'm gonna try the mild later this week.

I can see that being a better replacement for hot sauce on regular fried wings going forward.

Daps
Back when I was traveling for work I had a job in a really country part of Maryland. I stopped at a Chinese spot to get food to bring back to the hotel, and people kept asking for mumbo sauce.

:wtf:

I looked it up, and saw that it was a DMV thing, bit never tried it.

Now, I’m vegan plus fish.

Can you put it on fried fish?

:lupe::smugdraper:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Back when I was traveling for work I had a job in a really country part of Maryland. I stopped at a Chinese spot to get food to bring back to the hotel, and people kept asking for mumbo sauce.

:wtf:

I looked it up, and saw that it was a DMV thing, bit never tried it.

Now, I’m vegan plus fish.

Can you put it on fried fish?

:lupe::smugdraper:

Yezzir

sicksoulja

All Star
Daps
Back in the day in the hood with 2 dollars to my name I used to go to the carry out and order a small fries with salt, pepper, ketchup and mambo sauce. Shyt was bomb is hell walking eating it with a carry out fork :ahh: The times man the times.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Just cooked some jerk chicken in the air fryer. Put the spicy one on it. shyt is fukking fire!!!!

Capital City Mambo Sauce - Variety 2-pack of Sweet Hot and Mild Mambo Sauce - Washington DC Wing Sauces (Two 12 oz bottles); Perfect for wings, chicken, pork, beef, and seafood

God bless you dmv nikkas:blessed:

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That cap city mambo sauce in Walmart is the real deal, my daughter's friend from school had some wings at the house last week, now she bringing lil cups of it to school. They off that Polynesian round here

It is. Whenever I get a Popeyes chicken sandwich I get it plain, then I add the Capital City Mumbo sauce. It's FIRE together

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
It's overrated because it's put on a pedestal like it's worthy of being DCs signature food item
I was expecting WAY more due to all the hype. Have tried it several times over the last 10-15 yrs from all different kinds of places and every time I'm left feeling like...that's it.
It's basically fried chicken with a slightly different (tangy imo) sweet and sour sauce on it :dead:
I'm more interested in the origin story of mumbo sauce, my DC peeps say the chinese restaurants themselves came up with it so I wonder what was unique about the DC palate that made them create mumbo sauce for that customer base and how come it never spread to other cities

Sniper

All Star
Daps
It's overrated because it's put on a pedestal like it's worthy of being DCs signature food item
I was expecting WAY more due to all the hype. Have tried it several times over the last 10-15 yrs from all different kinds of places and every time I'm left feeling like...that's it.
It's basically fried chicken with a slightly different (tangy imo) sweet and sour sauce on it :dead:
I'm more interested in the origin story of mumbo sauce, my DC peeps say the chinese restaurants themselves came up with it so I wonder what was unique about the DC palate that made them create mumbo sauce for that customer base and how come it never spread to other cities

You're exactly right.