So the main appeal of living in NYC is living near traffic&walking distance to overpriced goods?

RicanFury

Come Home With Me
Daps
Reppin
a BRONX Slum by I-87 NORTH

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think NYC still has something special, but not enough to live there for anymore. Thank God I have family, friends and enough money to AirBnB there. Was just reminscing with my uncle in law this weekend about the good old days.

Compared to 15 years ago, it's a major downgrade. There was so much shyt to do and on top of that, you didn't have to spend any money like that. If you did, you could get a bargain or something nobody else could get in America or the world for that matter. Now with the web and all, that has changed. Even now, there's some things that I got back in for day that I still have now that folks can't find on the Web. New York was a gold mine but now it went full blown commercial, small businesses went under, now its nothing but big name stores and these suburban folks from abroad done changed the culture to the point where it's not the same. They even changed coney island up. I seen the new commercials and yuck. Wtf happened? It seems so fake catering to these yuppies. Realness ain't in style anymore. These suburban folks are used to a certain lifestyle where even the working class ideals are foreign to them which is why they think some 6 roommates in an apartment or a place with a rodent problem is cool. These folks missed out.

Last edited:

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
There's always something to do in NYC.. I rather pay $3000 a month to be around action/people than to pay $2000 a month living is west bubblefukk
Its gonna be more like $300

And what good is having things to do when you have no money or time to do them :dwillhuh:

I always laugh when people in NY talk about all the culture/nightlife. "We have world class museums" When's the last time you went :jbhmm:

20-30 years ago you could do OK in NYC. Now? Fuhggedabadit

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
higher salaries
15 dollar minimum wage by December :wow:

access to bytches from every corner of the planet in a bar or all with the swipe of a finger on tinder

a nikka like me went from retail to a high salaried advertising/marketing/tech job with no degree just because people liked me only in new york or LA
So interracial p*ssy tops the list?

15 x 40 = 2400 dollars a month before
1. rent (lets be generous and say you got 900 sq ft for 1100 a month)
2. Taxes (:mjlit:)
3. Metrocard
4. Food

full

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
I remember hip-hop back in the day having me wishing I was from NY

:wow:

I posted about this in another thread.

Dummies paying all their money to live somewhere rappers USED to live 20 years ago. :russ:

ATL, CHA, HOU, CHI are all much better options than those 5 abortions you Vic's call boroughs.

I can fly over to New York and spend $3k and do all the fun things there are to do and come back to CHI, while they're stuck paying $3k in rent for another 10 months just to go to work and run errands. :laff:!

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its gonna be more like $300

And what good is having things to do when you have no money or time to do them :dwillhuh:

I always laugh when people in NY talk about all the culture/nightlife. "We have world class museums" When's the last time you went :jbhmm:

20-30 years ago you could do OK in NYC. Now? Fuhggedabadit
Was at first sat at the Brooklyn Museum and attended an event at the schomburg last week.

Aside from all that the events for the black diaspora such as “curlfest” this upcoming weekend exist on this scale and frequency no where else in this country. It’s not even close. I would say DC is the closest but it’s not quite there.

2 days ago I got to see mos and Talib perform damn near in my backyard, last month common did an amazing free concert in prospect park. If you want to be immersed In culture and artful experiences this is the place to be.

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
So interracial p*ssy tops the list?

15 x 40 = 2400 dollars a month before
1. rent (lets be generous and say you got 900 sq ft for 1100 a month)
2. Taxes (:mjlit:)
3. Metrocard
4. Food

full
still better than the south where nikkas making 7 dollars an hour
u can rent a room stack your chips and move to jersey or ct
or work your way up while u in school till u get a high paying job
rent is cheaper in brooklyn/queens/staten/jersey u can commute in

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Was at first sat at the Brooklyn Museum and attended an event at the schomburg last week.

Aside from all that the events for the black diaspora such as “curlfest” this upcoming weekend exist on this scale and frequency no where else in this country. It’s not even close. I would say DC is the closest but it’s not quite there.

2 days ago I got to see mos and Talib perform damn near in my backyard, last month common did an amazing free concert in prospect park. If you want to be immersed In culture and artful experiences this is the place to be.
This is the shyt I'm talking about. :laff:

DuSable Museum has so many galas and functions I walked to when I lived in Hyde Park, and my condo was $315k.

Mos def and Kweli were just at the taste of Chicago, which was damn near free, and I walked to go see them, from my $450k two bedroom condo in downtown, and came home relaxed as hell. shyt would run you a mill and a half in one of those boroughs and you'd come home everyday smelling like piss, bums and bird shyt after getting off that old ass subway. :russ:

And I'm going to bronzeville tonight for a flag football game and Au natural display, and I'm driving there and parking my car on the street! Some shyt you nikkas can't even dream of doing because they put up signs telling you you can't park on whatever the fukk day between whatever the fukk time. :mjlol:

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
still better than the south where nikkas making 7 dollars an hour
u can rent a room stack your chips and move to jersey or ct
or work your way up while u in school till u get a high paying job
rent is cheaper in brooklyn/queens/staten/jersey u can commute in
Minimum wage is minimum wage. You still not making it off that. Jersey got a terrible commute and depending where you live in CT you gonna be paying similar prices plus the hour long train ride to manhattan :hhh:
I don't care. NYC Pigeons too busy feasting on all this trash and bread crumbs to worry about a human hater on a message board:jawalrus:

Just got finished pecking a chicken bone from Popeyes that still had some meat on it :ahh:
Its a marvel you arent overweight with the banquet of trash outside every building that sautes in the sun all day on trash day

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Dumb shyt. No need to mention me. Not in the mood, Don't give a fuk. The same mentally deficient dumb fuks commenting on it, dapping this up with the same played out responses- it's weak and tired. .

But I will add that most unsuccessful people seem to always 1) criticize 2) waste time 3)bring others down to their level 4)think,say and do negative things 5) think they know it all 6) blame others for their failures, lack of goals. Noticing a pattern in here of those who like to promote these types of threads...
:jbhmm:

NY produces the most amount of success stories - They need to learn from us, because they can't be us. "The emergence of haters is a signal that you have achieved a certain level of success. If you have not accomplished anything, then, almost certainly, nobody would be paying enough attention to give you criticism" "Criticism is self-hate turned outward. Hate is often a sign of weakness, envy and fear. Haters hate on you because you’re doing what they cannot, will not or are too afraid to attempt."

Hopefully some positive spin can come off this thread for them-(they need it).

Habits of Unsuccessful People vs. Successful People | SkillsYouNeed