So Sony out here forcing devs to have game trials now? :wow:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
What's all this hoopla about Sony not having proper refund policy tho? Serious question, as I've never had much issues getting them to refund games. I just did two of them fairly recently. The hugest hurdle I had was the call center's hours of operation really. Even that seems to be circumvented by being able to do it via chat, which I didn't know the first time around.
other platforms have an automated refund system, where you don't have to call or chat with anyone. Steam will automatically refund a game if you've played less than 2 hours, and owned it for less than 2 weeks

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
There's no way you can spin this as a bad move.

Some of you are ridiculous with this system wars shyt.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
other platforms have an automated refund system, where you don't have to call or chat with anyone. Steam will automatically refund a game if you've played less than 2 hours, and owned it for less than 2 weeks

So there's no actual complaint process? Or you just click a refund button, they verify your time played (or not played) and go from there?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Word? Could've sworn I actually dl-ed the last game that I got refunded. Can't remember tbh tho.

They will do it on a case by case basis but the official policy is no.

I’ve had a game i already downloaded refunded before. My son purchased and downloaded some games. He wasn’t supposed to. The guy on the phone told me they would do it only that one time, but if i ever tried again they would deny it.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Yep, Nintendo also has game trials as part of its subscription offering but i haven’t seen stan titan or reachthemonster make a thread showing their concern over it. :lupe:

I wonder why? :youngsabo:

Nintendo Support: Game Trials FAQ

Nintendo isn't that direct threat. We all know they do their own thing and don't care about anyone but themselves. But there's a good chance that Sony will put out what they're offering, and people will like whatever limited offerings they offer. Just like how Apple dictates what you can and can't do with the iPhone, and people still eat up that ecosystem.:mjlit:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nintendo isn't that direct threat. We all know they do their own thing and don't care about anyone but themselves. But there's a good chance that Sony will put out what they're offering, and people will like whatever limited offerings they offer. Just like how Apple dictates what you can and can't do with the iPhone, and people still eat up that ecosystem.:mjlit:

deuces-im.gif

They know sony doesnt have to do as much as microsoft in order to compete in this space, they already have more users so any little thing they do is already gonna control mindshare.

All they can hope to do to fight against it is to downplay whatever it is in hopes that it doesn’t pick up steam.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yep, Nintendo also has game trials as part of its subscription offering but i haven’t seen stan titan or reachthemonster make a thread showing their concern over it. :lupe:

I wonder why? :youngsabo:

Nintendo Support: Game Trials FAQ
I didn’t make this thread, and all i did in here was laugh at that bullshyt ass sony stan justification you posted.

I’ve made it very clear that Nintendo is beyond trash on any of these types of topics, so you missed on that one too :ufdup:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
deuces-im.gif

They know sony doesnt have to do as much as microsoft in order to compete in this space, they already have more users so any little thing they do is already gonna control mindshare.

All they can hope to do to fight against it is to downplay whatever it is in hopes that it doesn’t pick up steam.

And does anyone think that Sony isn't looking at other subscriptions services? Like Netflix that has never profited and just throws money at any old project. Well like they used to do. They're not going to do that. They paid good money for their studios, and the games that come out of them cost a pretty penny too. Just putting them on a streaming service and saying, "Okay have a good time people," isn't going to make them any real money. Even these movie studios are seeing that they have to release the movie in theaters for at least 45 days first. They're about to give Batgirl a theatrical release. But hey, we'll see how this all plays out:pachaha:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And does anyone think that Sony isn't looking at other subscriptions services? Like Netflix that has never profited and just throws money at any old project. Well like they used to do. They're not going to do that. They paid good money for their studios, and the games that come out of them cost a pretty penny too. Just putting them on a streaming service and saying, "Okay have a good time people," isn't going to make them any real money. Even these movie studios are seeing that they have to release the movie in theaters for at least 45 days first. They're about to give Batgirl a theatrical release. But hey, we'll see how this all plays out:pachaha:

Yeah, Netflix is becoming the sacrificial lamb for what not to do.

Disney tried it for like 2 months and once scarlet Johansson took them to court they put a cork on that straight to streaming shyt quick.