So Sony has been tricking actors into thinking they’re part of the MCU.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
None of what you saying here is addressing anything that I said in my particular reply. So if you’re asking what I’m talking about it’s that Disney makes shytty Spider-Man movies, and the only one that was good was only good because it was mostly Sony.
Lmao @ “mostly Sony”. The Home trilogy was a joint effort between Marvel Studios and Columbia Pictures (Sony). Always was. The working relationship between Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal is what’s keeping this current Spidey iteration afloat from Tom Rothman’s sabotage efforts.

Say what y’all want about Disney, but I highly doubt Andrew and Tobey walk through that door for NWH (and beyond) without Feige and Watts’ involvement. Sony have proven themselves time and time again to be incompetent as hell and already burned that bridge with Garfield before with the TASM franchise, which is another reason why bringing him back was such a big get.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
tenor.gif

Box office says otherwise and at the end of the day that’s all that matters to corporate :yeshrug:

And every critical metric. Brehs are just saying anything now

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
No they do not.

Sony is basically in the same legal limbo they were in. back when James Cameron had the rights. Hoping to make a spiderman movie. Or after cameron lost the rights. Where we rinally got spidey movies and superhero films in the early 2000's. trying to make films from ip. They fail to do any actual research on whatsoever.
Then make a film based on the actual thing. That created why they have said ip. Then make said thing even worse than the original content. That made it so they have the ip to create content for.

The shyt is inept as fukk.

It makes no business sense. Plus it uses none of the savy needed to make it actually work or be profitable. When you could make a movie to keep the property. That illustrates a better grasp of the ip. that you secured because the other company was inept. You do not emulate the same things the previous company did. Where you now own said ip.
from their errant inept decision making.

Art Barr
Sony was on life support after Amazing Spider-Man 2. It did worse than the first one and Sony was on the road to doing another reboot in 5 years.

But people forget, the inception of the DCEU, and BvS, had Marvel shook. They needed to do something drastic in order to keep DC off their necks. So they convince Sony to lend them Spider-Man.

Sony not only keeps and still profits from the IP, but they could now explore other IP’s in a way they never got a chance to before. The problem is, they wanted to try and ride Marvels coattails.

The timing of the last Spider-Man also emboldened Sony as it was the first blockbuster post COVID where huge amounts of people went back to the theaters. After previous movies dropped which helped with the ramp up.

Sony sees marvel as weak. Marvel is trying to right the ship, but now Sony is trying to take advantage of the situation.

Marvel should’ve ended Peter Parker’s story arc at the end of Phase 3, but because Holland and the writers and casting killed it, they simply got caught up.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

HOMECOMING WAS MID.
FAR FROM HOME WAS GREAT.

SECRET INVASION
MOM
ANT MAN
MS MARVEL
ETERNALS
THOR 4
THE MARVELS
SHE HULK
ECHO
MOON KNIGHT
ALL fukkING TRASH

SO @Sterling Archer IS RIGHT.
MCU ISN'T IN ANY POSITION TO TURN
ITS NOSE UP AT SONYS TRASH
WHEN THEY'RE IN THE SAME BOAT.

:devil:
:evil:

‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ was a critical success and audience favorite. No matter how many times you want to type up your posts like the fukkin’ Ten Commandments, your opinions are not facts. :mjlol:

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
I mean lets shyt on these Sony movies but with the money and potential depending on the BO results backend money on the line you can bet any agent worth paying for will be doing due diligence on any contract.

Sony lying and saying they are signing up for another series of films would leave them open to being sued and damaging their business.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I feel like one of the reasons Feige started getting into the weeds with some of these projects was because of the issues with Sony/Spider-man.

The story-line would have remained a bit more tight, even with the multi-versal aspects if he wasn't trying to think about contingencies.

shyt makes me wish Peter stayed dead sometimes though I love the home trilogy, especially FFH.

There is still quite a bit of seperation from Marvel's "mid" and Sony's average output, especially when it comes to SPUNK or whatever they call it. Trying to include Spider-verse or even the Toby shyts is nikkas trying to be generous.

The foundation for Sony's current run starts at TASM til now and if the animated joints don't count toward keeping the rights (more of a passion/profit balance) then they don't count in the comparison. These nikkas suck and devaluing their IP by wasting good rogues and being delibertly off-brand.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
No they do not.

Sony is basically in the same legal limbo they were in. back when James Cameron had the rights. Hoping to make a spiderman movie. Or after cameron lost the rights. Where we rinally got spidey movies and superhero films in the early 2000's. trying to make films from ip. They fail to do any actual research on whatsoever.
Then make a film based on the actual thing. That created why they have said ip. Then make said thing even worse than the original content. That made it so they have the ip to create content for.

The shyt is inept as fukk.

It makes no business sense. Plus it uses none of the savy needed to make it actually work or be profitable. When you could make a movie to keep the property. That illustrates a better grasp of the ip. that you secured because the other company was inept. You do not emulate the same things the previous company did. Where you now own said ip.
from their errant inept decision making.

Art Barr
They still have the upper hand, just for the fact they still hold the rights for the indefinite future..unless they decide to sell it back.

All the whining about it won't change that marvel sold it to Sony out of their own desperation...on those terms we have today.

So unless Sony magically sells it back or Disney gives them an offer they can't refuse, it's gonna be with Sony forever ever

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
They still have the upper hand, just for the fact they still hold the rights for the indefinite future..unless they decide to sell it back.

All the whining about it won't change that marvel sold it to Sony out of their own desperation...on those terms we have today.

So unless Sony magically sells it back or Disney gives them an offer they can't refuse, it's gonna be with Sony forever ever

Actually disney had Sony by the balls.

Then did not execute how they should have.
All disney had to do. Was leave spiderman dead after the blip. Or kill spiderman instead of Tony and cap.
Then Sony could have never re-nig'd on selling spidey back.
Disney just did the dummy and rejuvenated spidey for Sony.
When real talk.. Disney should have backdoored Sony and killed spiderman in the last Thanos conflict instead of Tony taking the infinity gauntlet and goin all dc at marvel with Ironman and cap.
How Disney killed their flagship. Then gave Sony back their rejuvenated flagship is the stuff of complete inept decisions.

Then on top of that. Marvel knew Chadwick was ill.
Plus fukked that casting up with their dad death fascination. They made rhe original black panther and old ass defunct non athletic diabetes face ass black man. Who died in an explosion. Totally nerf'n the og tchaka black panther from jump. When the dialogue for black panther and tchaka and t'challah serve distinct purposes in the marvel mythos. That should have been exploited for profit. So instead of two black panthers. That should have been cast as Denzel and his son as tchaka and t'challah.
Instead we got Disney being super super inept on their daddy death shyt. They pissed six black panther movies into the wind.
Plus killed captain America and Ironman and then brought back spiderman and gave their flagship back to Sony.

Like how fukk'n stoopid are you.

You literally followed why your competition sucks note for note. Then rejuvenated the competition and gave back a flagship back to them in mint condition.
While your flagship are all dead as fukk with no upside. Plus no actual discovery zone.
to know you fukked up to begin with.

Art Barr

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ was a critical success and audience favorite. No matter how many times you want to type up your posts like the fukkin’ Ten Commandments, your opinions are not facts. :mjlol:

SIMPLY BECAUSE IT WAS
THE FIRST ONCE SINCE
THE LACKLUSTER TASM 2
AND HIS FIRST IN THE MCU WHILE MARVEL
WAS NEARING AN ALL TIME HIGH.

NOW THAT TIME HAS PASSED
MOST PPL SEE THAT MOVIE WITH
CLEAR GOGGLES.

HELL I OWN THE 4K BLU RAY.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I feel like one of the reasons Feige started getting into the weeds with some of these projects was because of the issues with Sony/Spider-man.

The story-line would have remained a bit more tight, even with the multi-versal aspects if he wasn't trying to think about contingencies.

shyt makes me wish Peter stayed dead sometimes though I love the home trilogy, especially FFH.

There is still quite a bit of seperation from Marvel's "mid" and Sony's average output, especially when it comes to SPUNK or whatever they call it. Trying to include Spider-verse or even the Toby shyts is nikkas trying to be generous.

The foundation for Sony's current run starts at TASM til now and if the animated joints don't count toward keeping the rights (more of a passion/profit balance) then they don't count in the comparison. These nikkas suck and devaluing their IP by wasting good rogues and being delibertly off-brand.

Like i said in my previous post.

Disney should have backdoored Sony and killed Tobey's spiderman.

Instead of going dc dumb and killing cap and Ironman.

Leaving them with no flagship hero in a comic book ip.
Like the inept dumbshyt that Disney is on. All becaise this fascination with killing men just because.

Art Barr

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Its not like its hard for notable actors to get jobs in the MCU these days

Those 3 bytch’s could have been the new captain america if they wanted

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I,....
Imagine being at disney.
is just like the youtube guy that says.

You have a movie for me.

That the dialogue at disney is.

Do you have a movie:

where the male father figure dies for me.

Art Barr

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

Like the inept dumbshyt that Disney is on. All becaise this fascination with killing men just because.

Art Barr

DISNEY LEGALLY CANT MENTION SPIDER MAN
IN ANY OF THEIR PROJECTS WITHOUT SONYS PERMISSION.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

Art Barr

Agreed.

And Sony has hundreds of characters that could be written up to have as little to do with Spider-man as possible, like that Hypno Hustler shyt with Donlad Glover...

Why waste good villians like Morbius and Kraven or even Venom, with their own crappy movies just to retain rights, save those guys for Marvel proper and take your chances with things that won't hurt the IP, they'd lose less money.