So should Kobe be ranked in the top 10 or not?

Is Kobe in the top 10?

• Yes

Votes: 116 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 31 21.1%

• Total voters

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Bruh, ALL of the transcendent players---->aka the legit Top 10 candidates, were supremely skilled for their time...

Being able to anything on a basketball court from a skill perspective just means you're talented, it is NOT quantifiable to greatness on it's own. By your accounts Vince Carter and Pete Maravich and a bunch of other guys should be in your Top 10 because they could do whatever basketball skill you asked or drill you ran them through. This is such a hollow argument...

Kobe is great because he maintained an elite level of play for a long time; at his best he was the most dominant player on the floor; he could take over at any moment; and he funneled his talent into championship drive. He was multifaceted and his scoring hot streaks were legendary. Him being able to do any basketball move isn't why he was a great basketball player...

Every single Top 10 guy broke the opponent's gameplan for stopping them more often than not...

I'm not talking drills, I'm talking tools in the toolbox for live game situations

Who in the history of basketball had more ways to score the ball than Kobe? I'll wait...

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
So when do regular season accomplishments count? Lebron has 4 MVPS and dominated an entire conference for almost 8 years straight.

Elite vision, GOAT-tier slashing and finishing ability, a one-man wrecking crew, etc.

Is that not dominance or is it?

He beat 8 50 win teams to make 8 finals...that's dominance against weak comp

He would've had to beat a min. of 16 50 win teams to make 8 finals in the West lol

Last edited:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Lol Mike is my GOAT. The GOAT actually :mjpls:
but this notion that Kobe should be slighted because he copied Mike is the biggest crock of sport pundit shyt going today.
Mike did not put the ball in the basket for Kobe.
Mike did not defend the ball for Kobe
Mike did not win games/championships for Kobe.
Aint a nikka bouncing a ball been sicker than Kob other than Jeffrey.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He beat 8 50 win teams to make 8 finals...that's dominance against weak comp

You would've had to beat a min. of 16 50 win teams to make 8 finals in the West lol

How good were the Raptors when Kobe scored 81?

No one cares about how many 50 win teams you beat. Y’all really think the Artest led Rockets or the Deron/Boozer Jazz are huge accomplishments for championship teams? Especially when Lebron regularly dominates Western teams especially when he was in his prime.

Also, one of those years was a lockout year so using games won is disingenuous when less games overall were less games.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not talking drills, I'm talking tools in the toolbox for live game situations

Who in the history of basketball had more ways to score the ball than Kobe? I'll wait...

What way can Kobe score that Melo or T-Mac can’t?

Having more ways to score doesn’t mean you’re better than a guy who is completely unstoppable in his element. Shaq isn’t as versatile as Brooke Lopez but he’s still a better scorer.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Should? :jbhmm: No
Will be? :patrice:Forever and always.

Why? It’s sensible and logical in an open discussion to have him a bit lower than other greats (5-12 range) but even before he passed, his fans are a bit erratic when it comes to his ranking.

“It’s disrespectful to not have him in your top 5”
“If you don’t have Kobe in your top ten you are committing blasphemy

We’re just trying to be level headed here brehs :whoa:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
What way can Kobe score that Melo or T-Mac can’t?

Having more ways to score doesn’t mean you’re better than a guy who is completely unstoppable in his element. Shaq isn’t as versatile as Brooke Lopez but he’s still a better scorer.

Melo nor T-Mac had the post game or footwork (footwork at all 3 levels)

T-Mac himself said Kobe was the most skilled SG of all time

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
How good were the Raptors when Kobe scored 81?

No one cares about how many 50 win teams you beat. Y’all really think the Artest led Rockets or the Deron/Boozer Jazz are huge accomplishments for championship teams? Especially when Lebron regularly dominates Western teams especially when he was in his prime.

Also, one of those years was a lockout year so using games won is disingenuous when less games overall were less games.

Did he dominate them in the finals??? The answer is NO and that's really what matters

Beating only 10 50 win teams in a 17 yr career when u made the finals 9x is beyond sh*tty...that means

He's 10-9 vs 50 win teams in his career...so obv he doesn't dominate 50 win teams

:mjlol:

Blurneed

Pro
Daps
The combination of actual skills, reputation from other greats and peers, accolades, winning 5 rings (5/7) , and being called the closest to the greatest basketball player ever, MJ, absolutely makes him top 10 clearly.

The only thing that separates him and MJ is fg% efficiency, athleticism and certain narratives ppl create to discredit him. So theres this weird thing where ppl put so many players in between them on these All time lists.....He really is top 5. :yeshrug:

ade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Melo did and you know this. Thank you for reminding me to put you on ignore.

Did he really though? Melo’s game was more of a face up type. I don’t remember him operating extensively out of the post like that