So PS4 nerds... Explain to me why I can't connect to a LAN cable...

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
and this systems shytty wifi connection, while everything else seems to connect to either wifi or LAN flawlessly...

And yes, everything else that is connected wirelessly is off and no, I am not going to restart my router or system again...

I say this as I am googling the solution, only to find jack shyt that works or other PS4 stans blaming everything but Sony and the PS4 despite this being a common issue

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Although I don't think anyone I know uses lan cables in 2017... my PS4's wifi has been suspect for the past 2 weeks or so...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
If you have an OG PS4 they had pretty average wifi capabilities. Don't know why you wouldn't be able to connect wired, maybe it has a bad port?

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
My modem/router fell and wasn't broadcasting wifi so I had to switch to ethernet cables for a couple of days and I had no problems with using the ethernet cable on my ps4. It actually was running better on wired than wifi. Maybe your router drivers need updating, bad ports, or something :manny:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
If you have an OG PS4 they had pretty average wifi capabilities. Don't know why you wouldn't be able to connect wired, maybe it has a bad port?
Not sure either. There's literally nothing it seems that can be done to connect it hardwired...

But if I swap the cable out into the XB1 it has no problems... Or even with the laptop

you can't use an ethernet cable with the PS4? :what:
... Not sure if you're asking this to be funny or not. Obviously if you can read the first post, it explains this POS isn't working with an ethernet:mjlol:

seriously OP, at least post an error, a screenshot SOMETHING.
NO, just preemptively calling out people as stans and nerds. It's so lame.
What more of an error do you need to see other than shyt failing in the Internet connection test?
My modem/router fell and wasn't broadcasting wifi so I had to switch to ethernet cables for a couple of days and I had no problems with using the ethernet cable on my ps4. It actually was running better on wired than wifi. Maybe your router drivers need updating, bad ports, or something :manny:
Tired of hearing "its the router" excuse...

Ive powered this shyt on and off for the past couple days and EVERYTHING else seems to work fine whether connected to router or directly into the modem.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Not sure either. There's literally nothing it seems that can be done to connect it hardwired...

But if I swap the cable out into the XB1 it has no problems... Or even with the laptop

... Not sure if you're asking this to be funny or not. Obviously if you can read the first post, it explains this POS isn't working with an ethernet:mjlol:

What more of an error do you need to see other than shyt failing in the Internet connection test?

Tired of hearing "its the router" excuse...

Ive powered this shyt on and off for the past couple days and EVERYTHING else seems to work fine whether connected to router or directly into the modem.

Ok...maybe your ps4 is a piece of shyt. Is that the answer you seek?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
then you need to restart the router, and figure out what's going on. unless you don't care about your technical issue, and you just want to post some "ps4 sux" shyt