So now just chilling is deemed as a negative?

Shameonyou

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True Story: He’s Trying To Turn Me Into the ‘Come Over & Chill Girl’
TUESDAY JUN 19, 2012 – BY BRITNI DANIELLE
I’m not quite sure when it happened, when dating devolved into dudes just asking women to “come over and chill” instead of out on a proper date, but as a grown woman tired of the game, I think getting to know someone should happen outside the confines of your home.

Recently, I talked about realizing I have a type of guy that I’m attracted to. Despite dating all sorts of men, I typically end up with “different” guys—brothas who are slightly quirky or of a different culture than my own. I’ve dated Jamaicans, Ghanaians, Southern gentlemen, Brooklyn dudes, and now a black Frenchmen. Although they were all vastly different, they had something in common: they tried to trick me into being the come over and chill girl.

You know how it goes. You meet a cute guy, exchange numbers, and instead of asking you to hit up the latest Romare Bearden exhibit, he suggests you come over and watch movies, which is guyspeak for “I’m cheap and I want some ass.”

I won’t lie. I’ve fallen for the “come chill” request a time or two in the past, but after last year’s chillin’ debacle when a guy eight years my senior tried to make me feel childish for wanting to actually go on a real date instead of being cooped up in his apartment watching reality TV and dodging his wandering hands, I knew my come over and chill days were officially over.

But brothas keep trying. “Come over and chill” must be underlined in the international man handbook, because no matter where the guy is from, he will still try to work that tricky little number on you. The Frenchman certainly gave it a shot, but I nixed that idea before it had a chance to really hit the ether. However, some women aren’t so forceful in knocking down the request to chill and end up caught in the no-date matrix.

I know the dating game can be hard and often times annoying, but failing to require a man to meet your expectations—thoughtful gestures, planned dates, good manners–is no way to operate either.

Falling into the very frustrating trap of being the come over and chill girl is a dead end. Trust me. One day you’ll get tired of watching him play Call of Duty 35 for the 127th time and you’ll want to knock him upside the head with the remote.

Before it gets that far, just tell the next man you meet you want to get to know him the old fashioned way—outside of his house—and if he blinks, well, then he wasn’t worth the time anyway.

Have you ever been the “come chill” girl? How did you break out of that pattern?

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
she-s-mad-meme-generator-lol-she-s-mad-065980.jpg

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
:pacspit:

Dates are fine once a week or if its your first few times meeting. You get to know someone a lot better at their own place instead of constantly going out to dinner and movies :beli:

And no its not about spending $ as opposed to not

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
had a chick come over and chilled this past Saturday night. I didn't even ask, it was her suggestion :obama:

sometimes I don't wanna take a girl out every weekend, I want to relax and watch a movie. And it has nothing to do with money either. Chick probably just wanna be seen.

Shameonyou

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its funny how she said "getting to know someone should happen outside the home"

How in the bloody fukk does that make any damn sense?

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One day you’ll get tired of watching him play Call of Duty 35 for the 127th time and you’ll want to knock him upside the head with the remote.

:umad:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
its funny how she said "getting to know someone should happen outside the home"

How in the bloody fukk does that make any damn sense?

It doesn't make any fukking sense at all. That's like saying you should only kiss when there's a full moon.

.....and they seriously wonder why guys disregard their opinions most of the time and don't take 'em seriously.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
This is a girl who probably has been conned out of the booty in exchange for the walk of shame one too many times but she either doesnt have the look or the attitude to break the cycle.